BALANCE Ephemeral Mending RELICS please

dscount

Bioware STATS Team-

For the love of healers in game that avoid these like the plaque.. Please make them a viable HEALING Relic.

NOBODY actually uses these Relic's that should be balanced for dedicated healer and BiS. (They are not BiS)

Even the new KELL DRAGON version has some poor stats:

106 Endurance < > 36 Power

+50% Chance of 689 heal over 3 seconds. (20 second CD)

Give is some MEAT and make it better than the old ELITE WAR HERO (120 power) and keep the xxx over 3 seconds. Shouldn't conflict with the Serendipitous relics (Wording seems to show it would).

Suggestions:

A) 106 Endurance + 136 Power + 50% Chance to 689 heal over 3 seconds

B) 94 Endurance + 36 Power + 1,689 heal over 3 seconds (Proc Relic - doesn't conflict with others)

C) 86 Endurance + 46 Power + 50% CRIT HEALS ONLY over 3 seconds (20 sec CD)

NOTE: These are PVE specific RELIC's so splash the "Doesn't work in PVP" stuff into all them.

Edited by dscount

I cannot tell you how USELESS these 'Proc' relics are to me as a Sorcerer Healer... I don't have the luxury of picking who gets it, because my Static Barrier heals anyone affected by it, and I shield everyone, plus revivification hits 8 people over ten seconds... And the 20 second cooldown makes me benefit more from my War Hero Stat Relics than these new Proc relics...

I think the relic should have one of the following changed about the way it works, in addition to removing the cooldown (and possibly applying to multiple targets):

A) The relic should only proc on single-target heals, so that guy with only 3 damage taken doesn't steal it from the tank constantly taking 2k every half second.

B) The relic should be able to heal instantly, rather than over three seconds, because the heal itself is so weak I can get more out of Resurgance procs than I can get out of it most of the time.

C) Scrap these Proc Relics, just give us back Pure Stat relics, because I find those work a lot better.

Kuronan I totally agree with you and would LOVE to have a pure power static relic(s). I would love to see the healing relic be worth a crap instead, but it's not likely.

I'm personally going with UW Serendipitous and good ole faithful EWH Relic myself. While I have a clickly relic I don't actually use it as often as I should and lose out of power overall.

The problem is a static power relic would be OP in both PVE and PVP. That's why I suggested one that is not PVP capable and centered around the healing one to keep DPS from going OP on that. (They have great DPS relics, but the healers one is lacking some kick)

You might want to check on that Static Barrier healing everyone comment. I think it's only YOU that gets the heals. Maybe I missed that in the healing tree, but I've not seen that feature. (Would be GREAT if we actually have one)

Edited by dscount

The same folks that thought "hey a proc extra dmg relic would be great!" made a proc heal relic... *sigh*

Some off the wall alternatives.

- 30% chance to proc a +6% bonus healing buff lasting 8 seconds This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds. (might be a little op as it's a multipler buff and thus scales with gear, won't be BiS until end game)

- 30% chance to temporarily increase alacrity rating by 100% for 8 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds. (similarly scales with gear, so not great for low alacrity folks, but it makes people think about their gear/stat choices)

- 30% chance to cause critical overheals to be redirected to friendly group members within 5 meters of the intended target. (for this one... I dunno, perhaps I'm just being silly)

I agree the proc relics are crap, because we cannot control them. They can proc on someone at full health just standing in our AoE. If they could be guaranteed to only proc on someone at <80% health or so, they would be fine.

because my Static Barrier heals anyone affected by it, and I shield everyone, plus revivification hits 8 people over ten seconds

Small correction here...your static barrier does not heal *anyone* affected by it. I *only* heals you if you apply it to yourself. Applying it to everyone in an operation is just wasting force, unless you can be relatively sure they are about to take substantial damage (e.g. Titan-6 Lots of Missles).

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't think any of those options is viable, for a couple of reasons:

1) Proc heals are unreliable, especially on such long cooldowns. This is especially true for sages and scoundrels as they will always have multiple heals going on on multiple targets. Less so for commandos but still likely not worth taking. Even boosting the proc heal would be pointless as it would boost it to a random target and, at the same time, would benefit way too much shadow tanks (for whom the relic is amazing)

2) A plain power boost would likely make the relic extremely valuable for DPS and would probably conflict with PVP as well (since there would be no way to "block" that relic in a PVP environment, and being scaled to 72, or 75, or even higher item levels, it would quickly surpass the power boosts from PVP proc relics).

I think the best option is to do something like this:

• Leave Ephemeral Mending alone. Its usefulness for shadow/assassin tanks shouldn't be touched.
  • Add a new proc power relic, "Resplendent resurgence" or something like that, which stacks with serendipitous assault BUT procs only from healing AND, like triage adrenals, reduces outgoing damage by some 20%. So it cannot be abused by DPS and it cannot be abused by shadow/sin tanks in dps gear to achieve enormous power boosts.

This would allow healer to safely have two power boosts, for similar amounts as what was possible before, while not giving dps a new option and without messing with the existing shadow/sin balance.

[Edit: a simpler option would be to just give a boost to healing power rather than raw power, but I'm not sure THAT can be done, while the adrenal mechanic already exists]

Edited by GeckoOBac

I like GeckoOBac's ideas, but today we do have several filtered PVE relics to be PVE only so it's possible.

At the end of the day these are supposed to be the "HEALERS" Relic. It needs to be fixed and actually become a healers relic in the same fashion many of the DPS relics provide DPS only related boosts. I don't care what they (BW Relic Team) do, but it should make it so healers want to use them instead of having to find creative solutions to this failed relic.

Having a BAND-AID Relic system for healers has been a problem for a while now. They need to just buckle down and tackle the problem to resolution. Can't affect PVP and can't boost DPS (Other relics for that).

BAND-AID reference includes having to chase PVP relics for BiS (EWH and Dual Stacked Serendipitous examples).

Additional Ideas some folks have shared with me to keep them "HEALER ONLY" relics:

• Force/Energy REGEN % Increased (FLAT static % that increases DREAD 1%, ARK 2%, UW 3%, KELL 4%)
  • Flat Static 10% all HEALS CRIT BOOST (Healing Allies only) - like Force Bending with scaling %

Edited by dscount

Do remember that Ephemeral Mending is BiS for Shadow Tanks, and by a HUGE margin. Changing that relic directly will have a big impact on shadow tanks gear and survivability.

While I agree in general with not shafting Sin/Shadow Tanks I still think this is a "HEALERS" Relic and needs to be correctly balanced as such. We have several defensive relics today for tanking class and not really any "HEALER ONLY" relics that are worthy of a mention. SA and BA do have several benefits, but not dedicated like several of the DPS Relics (Internal, Energy, etc.).

While I agree in general with not shafting Sin/Shadow Tanks I still think this is a "HEALERS" Relic and needs to be correctly balanced as such. We have several defensive relics today for tanking class and not really any "HEALER ONLY" relics that are worthy of a mention. SA and BA do have several benefits, but not dedicated like several of the DPS Relics (Internal, Energy, etc.).

I mean, just make a wholly new one and be done with it, the amount of changes they'd have to do on that one would amount to a wholly new relic anyway.

I mean, just make a wholly new one and be done with it, the amount of changes they'd have to do on that one would amount to a wholly new relic anyway.

Works for me that way as well. Just thought the "Quick Win" would be to fix an existing one that is designated as a healer relic already. :)

Another option is a +5% Alacrity for Dread, +6% Ark, +7% UW, +8% Kell Dragon.

Some would think that would be OP, but in reality with the existing DR Curve on Alacrity is should be in line.

The best way is to make a new relic, and target specific healing skills like the set bonuses do, that way they cannot be abused for the new flavour of the month.

Some would think that would be OP, but in reality with the existing DR Curve on Alacrity is should be in line.

No, because TK sages/Lightning Sorcs would benefit from this way too much. (FYI, TK sage is one of my favorites)

If you're gonna do something, it should definitely be something heal based.

Try this one: 50% chance to automatically heal lowest health party/raid member for xxx over 3 seconds. {insert rest of text here}

That way, it still helps out the shadow/assassin tanks, but will benefit healers too.

Edited by Kelvarn

No, because TK sages/Lightning Sorcs would benefit from this way too much. (FYI, TK sage is one of my favorites)

If you're gonna do something, it should definitely be something heal based.

Try this one: 50% chance to automatically heal lowest health party/raid member for xxx over 3 seconds. {insert rest of text here}.

I agree that would make it more BiS for DPS. That's the trick here and I agree it needs to be more "HEALER" Only type of relic.

The relic today is heal xxx over 3 seconds. Problem is that value is CRAP compared to the damage output of the newer content. Someone needs to add 1k to that in order to make it more in line with new content. Personally I'd like to see SET BONUS gear get fixed as well, but that's a different thread.

I agree that would make it more BiS for DPS. That's the trick here and I agree it needs to be more "HEALER" Only type of relic.

The relic today is heal xxx over 3 seconds. Problem is that value is CRAP compared to the damage output of the newer content. Someone needs to add 1k to that in order to make it more in line with new content. Personally I'd like to see SET BONUS gear get fixed as well, but that's a different thread.

Here's a question for you: Does it benefit from healing bonus?

If it doesn't, then I agree a little more work needs to be done on it, than what I presented.

if it does, then I don't really see an issue with what I presented.

MAYBE boost it a little bit more, but that I can't say for sure, as I quit healing on my sage.

If it doesn't, then I agree a little more work needs to be done on it, than what I presented.

MAYBE boost it a little bit more, but that I can't say for sure, as I quit healing on my sage.

From what I've seen it does, but it doesn't warrant making it a permanent part of gear. I don't have a perfect solution, but its worth it to bring up the problem.

You keen that virtually nonexistent DR?

The half value for alacrity is 1406.... so even with a relic that adds XXX alacrity for x seconds every x seconds would come nowhere close to the DR and in all honesty wouldn't be that use full it would have to increase alacrity by like 500+ just for that 8% increase.

You keen that virtually nonexistent DR?

The half value for alacrity is 1406.... so even with a relic that adds XXX alacrity for x seconds every x seconds would come nowhere close to the DR and in all honesty wouldn't be that use full it would have to increase alacrity by like 500+ just for that 8% increase.

If it's a straight % boost to Alacrity then the rating change is not a factor. I'm sitting on 9.1% with around 550 Alacrity dumped into my Sorc Heals. Having a straight BOOST would make a difference, but I'm not suggesting we make this so OP people go nuts over it and use it for say.. TANKING or DPS.... :) (Not picking on you specifically, but it's funny how this relics use turned out)

For example: I'm at 9.1% now and get another 8% boost for 17.1% that would increase my Force Regen by a WHOLE 0.5 p/sec and decrease CD's by about 0.3 sec. (Yea the DR curve is not broken on Alacrity is it? LOL)

I don't think it should be an Alacrity PROC but a static power - would make more sense. Again NOT USABLE IN PVP being the key here to keep the PVP'ers from QQ thread.

Edited by dscount

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went back and checked the logs.. it appears that the over 3 seconds DOES NOT use CRIT or Healing Bonus.

Maybe that just needs a quick investigation. If that 3 second tick is supposed to include CRIT and/or Healing Bonus then it might just be a tad better than first appearance. Right now I'll keep using my EWH/Clicky Boundless and UW SA.

QUESTION: Has anyone else seen this CRIT or use Healing bonus?

Edited by dscount