Corpse Despawn and Lag

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We are aware of the issue currently in-game in which corpses aren't despawning, leading to lag issues in some areas. We are exploring a fix for the issue for Tuesday. Also, we may be doing a brief server restart tomorrow at some point to help alleviate some of the lag. I will have more information on that tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

-eric

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I reported this issue in a ticket, I get advise to delete game files to force a verification of my game? I think someone needs to reprogram the protocol droids to actually use intelligence rather than stock book answers to an issue which they didn't even fully read the ticket on.

When I reported this issue in a ticket, I get advise to delete game files to force a verification of my game? I think someone needs to reprogram the protocol droids to actually use intelligence rather than stock book answers to an issue which they didn't even fully read the ticket on.

This is pretty much true of all MMOs. If you have a technical issue 9/10 Google will solve it, and 9/10 CS will give you nothing but useless info(at best).

Using common sense, its the un-looted bodies not despawning. Because when i kill stuff i can bio/scav it and the body disappears, we can bio/scav stuff that other players killed as long as they looted them. We are unable to do this to the pile of bodies that are laying around, so they were not looted.

As long as you don't break conquest with the patch, I'm fine with that. :) All the planets with heroic quests are pretty laggy right now.

Hope to also get a fix for the stuck quests where everything is completed but the quest doesn't advance, and the update on companion strength.

It's practically unplayable now. You should bounce the server now at least.

At least I have been able to watch football all day and not care about playing. I was hoping to get more feedback for you guys about comp changes, but that went out the window with 2 sec plus skill lag...

We got a response with a eta on a fix - good enough, though talking of restarts i have feeling this game could do with more regular restarts but i guess the cost is high?

There are MMO's that do server restarts on a regualar basis (think EvE does everyday?) & those restarts seem to quash most issues.

Hey folks,

We are aware of the issue currently in-game in which corpses aren't despawning, leading to lag issues in some areas. We are exploring a fix for the issue for Tuesday. Also, we may be doing a brief server restart tomorrow at some point to help alleviate some of the lag. I will have more information on that tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

-eric

There is absolutely zero excuse for letting this continue past Tuesday evening without pumping out a fix. None. Even Daybreak fixes stuff faster than this and their dev team consists of 3 interns and a janitor.

Using common sense, its the un-looted bodies not despawning. Because when i kill stuff i can bio/scav it and the body disappears, we can bio/scav stuff that other players killed as long as they looted them. We are unable to do this to the pile of bodies that are laying around, so they were not looted.

You can only Bio-scan the looted Strong or Elite corpses, it's the regular strength corpses that are laying around, nothing a Biochemist can do about those :)

You can only Bio-scan the looted Strong or Elite corpses, it's the regular strength corpses that are laying around, nothing a Biochemist can do about those :)

Which are laying around, i've seen a lot of Strong+ around that i couldn't bio/scav. If i can't bio/scav them and they are Strong+ then they have loot on them, mine despawn when i bio/scav them so the piles of strong+ ones laying around have loot on them.

Edited by Joefjr

There is absolutely zero excuse for letting this continue past Tuesday evening without pumping out a fix. None. Even Daybreak fixes stuff faster than this and their dev team consists of 3 interns and a janitor.

This is why we don't rush huge, complicated things to meet crazy deadlines. It ends up hurting you 5 years later.