Healing with telekenetic spec

usblues

How well can you offheal, if necessary, as a full telekenetic specced sage?

Is it enough to keep your companion tank alive?

Is it enough to keep your party up if the healer dies or needs a little help in a pinch?

There's no easy answer to this as it depends on a lot of factors.

At low levels your spec doesn't matter very much, so yes you can absolutely main heal as a TK spec (or obviously offheal then). As you gain levels, the game assumes for balance's sake that you're advancing down your tree and tries to compensate for your increased abilities as such. Thus you will find it increasingly harder to heal in any major capacity as you near endgame. Obviously the more skilled you are the longer you're going to be able to get away with this, but the strain mostly comes from your healing efficiency and lack of hots and aoe healing.

Honestly the difference between Seers and TK/Balance sages when it comes to healing isn't that they can heal so much more on each cast, it's that they're incredibly more efficient at it and have extra tools to help them deal with group dmg and heavy burst dmg periods. The higher in level you go, the more mobs will be capable of such attacks (especially in flashpoints).

Can you keep your companion alive? Yes, unless you've pulled far too many mobs. But keep in mind, you certainly couldn't keep them alive half as long as a Seer can. That said, it's enough for leveling purposes.

Could you offheal a group? No not really at endgame. Doing so would require your absolute focus and drain your force bar fast enough that you might as well be putting a doom clock over your own head for going OOF. You're simply far better off and more efficient at continuing to dps down the target. Ending the fight quicker will make it easier on the healer as well.

Could you fill in if a healer dies? Yes, in an emergency situation even at endgame you could, but you won't be nearly as effective at keeping the tank up with out the light touch up healing and hots. You also, again, won't last for very long due to your inefficiency. A group in this situation better be within 10-20% of a boss kill to have a hope of lasting long enough.

TL;DR - Yes in extreme emergency, but No realistically.

Edited by Khadroth

How well can you offheal, if necessary, as a full telekenetic specced sage?

Is it enough to keep your companion tank alive?

Is it enough to keep your party up if the healer dies or needs a little help in a pinch?

No and no.

At lvl 50 so will your healing be a joke and it is realy no point to even bother using it, it is better to just throw a shield on your target and try to nuke the mob down instead.

I''m fully epic geared lvl 50, with currently full TK spec and i heal for 2.2k heal every 3 sec if nothing interrupts me.

Maybe it sounds mutch for a lowbie, but it isn''t.

A elite will slam your tank companion for 1-2k every hit and some elite has abilities that deals for 2-4k on your companion.

Most mobs in Ilum are in a group of 3-4 non-elite and with 1-2 elites.

So Yeah... your tank will die, so instead of trying to heal it so should you just nuke it or switch to a healer or dps companion like Nadia.

And don''t even bother doing it in a heroic instance, they kill your tank companion with 2 hits.

And even if you try to go slighty hybrid into healer for the HOT so will it only tick for 230 which is not even worth getting considering a lvl 15 player deals more dmg than your HOT.

And same goes to heroic instances, it''s to little and to slow to keep your party alive and it is way to easily interrupted.

Edited by Naduronx

Telekinetic spec pre-endgame is a waste. It's slower, clunky on casts, and requires bad companions. It's also slow as hell compared to balance for leveling. I'm confused as to why people are even leveling as healing, there has been no content so far that has required me to use any points in healing spec even if I am dedicated healer. Edited by stickyricky