EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Please use this thread to give us your thoughts on the Rishi Stronghold changes that are in the final PTS build (going out today or tomorrow). I will leave the other thread open so I don't squash any on-going convos there. Please use this thread only after playing with the Stronghold on the new patch.

Thanks!

-eric

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new walkway has been added to connect the beach to the landing platform in the Rishi hideout.

There is some new sand on the beach in the Rishi Cove.

Inquiring minds want to see....

House, house, house, house! We need a house! Seriously, why isn't this priority number 1?

Edited by TonyTricicolo

New walkways and sand are all fine and good, but it needs a building that doesn't limit people to a windowless silo. Come on, just copy and paste a better structure from something already on Rishi! The Blaster's Path cantina would be beyond perfect. This is a great opportunity to show how versatile the SH can be and that the team can provide quality content for players across the board! Please give us a better building! Edited by DuchessKristania

There is a need for a better building or structure that we can make into a home. We were suggesting adding on the Blaster's Path Cantina that already exists on Rishi. The silos don't make for good homes, so please add a proper building for us to decorate as living quarters.

Many of us wanted a beachfront home and asked for it for years, and you finally grant Rishi, but leave out the most important part: A house.

There is a need for a better building or structure that we can make into a home. We were suggesting adding on the Blaster's Path Cantina that already exists on Rishi. The silos don't make for good homes, so please add a proper building for us to decorate as living quarters.

Many of us wanted a beachfront home and asked for it for years, and you finally grant Rishi, but leave out the most important part: A house.

Maybe those junk piles were for raw materials to build your own shanty house. :p

On a serious note.. hey devs!! Please listen to this request! The very core of a Stronghold is to have someplace you can actually call HOME. I honestly don't care what you copy from Rishi for it... but at least make it have a semblance of the ability to be decorated as a home. YOU DID add beds, tables, chairs, etc to the long list of decorations.... leading one to believe you at one time did agree that a Stronghold should be able to operate as a home... not just some warehouse in some backwater pirate slum.

Edited by Andryah

I notice that a way to turn off PvP and control who uses the PvP consoles (keys) are not part of the final build.

This is a deal breaker for me. It is extremely disappointing that after years of requests for a Rishi stronghold, one like this is released. We were told that the PvP is optional. It is NOT optional if you get PvP messages in your own stronghold, get dismounted, or lose companions.

Not having a key control for the PvP terminals means one can't list their stronghold publicly or even invite acquaintances to tour it. Anyone could click the terminal and grief people in their own stronghold I would think this would be a problem for even people who want PvP because there's no control over who can instigate it.

Please don't overlook this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=951304

The new wall decorations we have are a really great piece, especially for the Rishi SH but the bigger wall sections are currently limited to big hook types. This severely limits creativity and the ability to potentially create a cool extra walled off area in the Rishi SH or any other SH. Therefore please, to make the most out of the Rishi SH and make each one with every player unique, allow even the biggest wall decorations to be placed in smaller hooks like large or medium, perhaps even medium narrow if the structure wouldn't block out the hook. Having the big wall decos like the Kaas city wall be able to be placed in a medium sized hook type would increase the fun of the Rishi SH and any other SH tenfold!

Edited by Ylliarus

Please don't overlook this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=951304

The new wall decorations we have are a really great piece, especially for the Rishi SH but the bigger wall sections are currently limited to big hook types. This severely limits creativity and the ability to potentially create a cool extra walled off area in the Rishi SH or any other SH. Therefore please, to make the most out of the Rishi SH and make each one with every player unique, allow even the biggest wall decorations to be placed in smaller hooks like large or medium, perhaps even medium narrow if the structure wouldn't block out the hook. Having the big wall decos like the Kaas city wall be able to be placed in a medium sized hook type would increase the fun of the Rishi SH and any other SH tenfold!

This would present another option for a proper building as well. Give us the ability t make our own! Please don't ignore the requests of your decorating community. Strongholds are about decorating, no matter the personal style, they need to be versatile and offer something for all tastes.

Maybe those junk piles were for raw materials to build your own shanty house. :p

On a serious note.. hey devs!! Please listen to this request! The very core of a Stronghold is to have someplace you can actually call HOME. I honestly don't care what you copy from Rishi for it... but at least make it have a semblance of the ability to be decorated as a home. YOU DID add beds, tables, chairs, etc to the long list of decorations.... leading one to believe you at one time did agree that a Stronghold should be able to operate as a home... not just some warehouse in some backwater pirate slum.

Oh god, I hope not lol.

I appreciate the support toward having a proper structure we can make into a home. It's very important to me (and others too) to have a house on Rishi. And you know, if they tacked it onto the end of the beach, I wouldn't even need a pvp toggle, cause odds are, after I decorated the pvp area, I'd never set foot in it again, the home and beach are where I'd spend all my time.

Thanks again, Andryah. :) The support means a lot.

Oh god, I hope not lol.

I appreciate the support toward having a proper structure we can make into a home. It's very important to me (and others too) to have a house on Rishi. And you know, if they tacked it onto the end of the beach, I wouldn't even need a pvp toggle, cause odds are, after I decorated the pvp area, I'd never set foot in it again, the home and beach are where I'd spend all my time.

Thanks again, Andryah. :) The support means a lot.

I'm with you! To be honest, most of the bugs, including the fly sounds (no pun intended) wouldn't bother me in the least if they added a house. The ship I haven't done much with. I find it kind of meh. It's just dark walls and no windows. IF I buy this sh, and unless a proper building is added I honestly don't knoww that I will, I might make the ship into a luxury liner, but I'm still pretty meh on it.

For me personally, the PvP toggle and restricting the access to the PvP terminals with keys are the most important thing. It wouldn't matter if they put the Organa Palace at the end of the beach if I have to go through PvP areas with those red messages to get to it, or if I end up unlocking areas I can't use or decorate because they are PvP zones.

I still can't list the SH or have visitors if they can use the terminals to grief other players and I have no way to stop them.

But for the stronghold overall, and the change that would make the most sense for the most people, it's adding a decent building. It would not interfere with anyone's enjoyment of the PvP zones and would not take away anything from the shanty town vibe.

It would however give the stronghold more appeal to more players and increase possibilities for decorators, RPers and even PvPers who want to have a building to complement whatever they do with the PvP. If you're doing Huttball maybe that's where the Hutt and his entourage hang out.

For me personally, the PvP toggle and restricting the access to the PvP terminals with keys are the most important thing. It wouldn't matter if they put the Organa Palace at the end of the beach if I have to go through PvP areas with those red messages to get to it, or if I end up unlocking areas I can't use or decorate because they are PvP zones.

I still can't list the SH or have visitors if they can use the terminals to grief other players and I have no way to stop them.

But for the stronghold overall, and the change that would make the most sense for the most people, it's adding a decent building. It would not interfere with anyone's enjoyment of the PvP zones and would not take away anything from the shanty town vibe.

It would however give the stronghold more appeal to more players and increase possibilities for decorators, RPers and even PvPers who want to have a building to complement whatever they do with the PvP. If you're doing Huttball maybe that's where the Hutt and his entourage hang out.

I honestly think they will be adding a pvp toggle, or granting keyholders the control over pvp. I think it wasn't mentioned in the latest post because they mentioned it in an earlier one. Looking at the latest post it seemed that all of the changes were different from what was previously mentioned.

I honestly think they will be adding a pvp toggle, or granting keyholders the control over pvp. I think it wasn't mentioned in the latest post because they mentioned it in an earlier one. Looking at the latest post it seemed that all of the changes were different from what was previously mentioned.

I certainly hope so. I'd feel better if they confirmed this was still happening.

I hope they will too. And I hope they'll say something about adding it in. It's important, I'd rather have it than not, but for me, a proper structure to decorate is the priority.

Please please please please PLEASE give us a proper building. I absolutely adore this stronghold. I think it could be wonderful as a marketplace or a full blown city. The main problem is there's no proper buildings anywhere. Nowhere to make a cantina or even just a home for a character. It is the one thing I am missing and hope is added before it goes live.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

First off, I want to thank you all for your feedback throughout the PTS cycle! Although we won't be able to address every point of feedback, your input has significantly improved the quality of this update, and we look forward to repeating the process for more of our releases in the coming months.

A key piece of feedback we've definitely seen and investigated is the addition of a "house" or "cantina" type of building to the stronghold; unfortunately, that just isn't something we can feasibly add to the stronghold at this point. I know this may seem like a simple request, but it would actually require significant development and testing time to implement at quality. That said, we are taking this particular piece of feedback to heart and will make sure that future strongholds include those types of spaces where it makes sense.

I also want to clarify that although this is the last build we have planned for PTS, it does not represent the final build that will be going live as update 5.9.2. Additional fixes and changes that are not in the final PTS patch notes will be included in the full update, such as the PvP toggle. The comprehensive patch notes for 5.9.2 will be released a bit closer to the update going live, which is still planned for July 31.

Why do vendors in strongholds now have blue nameplates?

Vendors on fleet have green nameplates.

Vendors on planets have green nameplates.

Vendors out in the wild have green nameplates.

Vendors on your ship have green nameplates.

Vendors in strongholds on the live servers have green nameplates.

Why are they now blue in strongholds?

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

Please please please please PLEASE give us a proper building. I absolutely adore this stronghold. I think it could be wonderful as a marketplace or a full blown city. The main problem is there's no proper buildings anywhere. Nowhere to make a cantina or even just a home for a character. It is the one thing I am missing and hope is added before it goes live.

^THIS^ !20 times over! The stronghold needs a proper building. What we have are three round room, without windows, mostly open ceilings, and greasy floors.

Edited by DuchessKristania