SOA - The ultra-bugged boss

This boss is so god &*^%$# bugged it's ridiculous, every time we get to stage three SOA bugs out....1) Falling through floors,or they dont appear 2) When SOA floats u in the air u fall and die 3) Getting insta-killed from 100% hp..... 4) mind traps tank and resets boss?!?!?! all 9 times ran one of these buggs wiped or reset the boss.... Absolutely retarded.... this endgame content should not have been released, This would never happen in any other MMO and if it did it would be fixed the next day.

-end rant, fix your game or make it FTP

This boss is so god &*^%$# bugged it's ridiculous, every time we get to stage three SOA bugs out....1) Falling through floors,or they dont appear 2) When SOA floats u in the air u fall and die 3) Getting insta-killed from 100% hp..... 4) mind traps tank and resets boss?!?!?! all 9 times ran one of these buggs wiped or reset the boss.... Absolutely retarded.... this endgame content should not have been released, This would never happen in any other MMO and if it did it would be fixed the next day.

-end rant, fix your game or make it FTP

i have yet to see falling through the floor, them not appearing is easy to fix with raid reset. the only time i have seen anyone die to throw is during transitions which is usually savable with extricate. getting killed instantly also rarely happens, almost always you were in an effect that you may not have been able to see. the boss himself does not always update his position correctly between server and client, same with some of the effects. its one of the few that we havent really been able to nail down, but these kinds of things is what brez are for. boss reset due to mindtrap is either you or an offtank not taunting correctly.

the vast majority of bugs are more than beatable with good play.

This is the problem.. THE VAST MAJORITY OF BUGS.... There should not have to be a "workaround".

This is endgame we are talking about here.. not some random *** quest on alderaan...

I think what has really got people ticked is the fact that they said it was fixed and that they are running everything just fine on their end. Then we get this patch and its the same ol' ****...

Good play or not.. when the damn mob just dissappears and resets, its not a matter of good play.. its a matter of just plum luck... and crap programming...

Half-*** work will never get you anywhere... Trust me.. I use to have to do the dishes 5 times when I was a kid cause I tried to rush it because I wanted to do something else... But when I got a job washing dishes as a teenager I MADE SURE it was done correctly or it was my job, or even worse.. someone getting poisoned or something cause I was lazy and incompetent...

Long story short.. get stuff fixed correctly the first time... I would much rather wait a month to know it is truly working the way it should be than get half-*** work and false promises for a month.

Did they test this stuff on the public test server? If so, can someone that actually tested it comment on it? was it working correctly there?

HE MIND TRAPS EVERYONE ONCE THEN RESETS AND RANDOMLY MIND TRAPS EVERYONE AGAIN...

TANKS INCLUDED... stop QQing over this ****

Ok.... so what part of he RESETS and goes back to the TOP of the area with FULL *********** HEALTH forcing everyone to exit area and come back in do you NOT understand????

So it might not of happened to you.. grats!! thats wonderful.. but it is happening to others... so piss off..

Good play or not.. when the damn mob just dissappears and resets, its not a matter of good play.. its a matter of just plum luck... and crap programming...?

when he starts to cast mindtrap on you then either you or your designated offtank need to taunt. do this and he wont reset. would it be any more of a bug if he mind trapped the tank and walked around 1 shotting healers? cause honestly thats pretty much what this equates to. there are very few pulls that are wipes to actual bugs. if you can prevent it, intended mechanic or not, its your responsibility to do so.

I was off-tanking the ops and i didnt even have time to taunt before he reset, it was ridiculous and on our last try there were pieces of the floor again were missing during phase 2! These bugs are dumb the only reason we were in there because it was supposed to be fixed.... they need to stop rushing content and work on it AND TEST IT before its released.

Did they test this stuff on the public test server? If so, can someone that actually tested it comment on it? was it working correctly there?

If I recall after reading some of the PTS threads, they don't have 50's to test end game Ops and FP's. Maybe every character resets after a new patch? Doesn't make any sense, but that's what Ive been hearing.

Take it with a grain of salt

Really? So if I play better, I could:

Avoid the missing floor

Avoid a crystal dropping on my head while being pulled into a mind trap

Avoid the boss resetting when a tank get mind trapped

Avoid the crystal not breaking the boss' shield

So you tell me that all of those are a L2P issue?

Wake up and stop defending this piss poor broken fight.

Truly, the end-game raid content in this game is absolute trash. Seriously, I waited years and years for this game -- and all they have to offer is TWO VERY SMALL BUG-RIDDEN raids.

5 Bosses a piece. EV has 2 bosses that aren't bosses, they are 0 skill loot boxes, one of which bugs on a regular basis and locks you out of the raid entirely, halting your progress and wasting your time.

How the *(^($% can they think this is acceptable? I know now all SWToR is about is voiceover and mediocre story-lines. That is supposed to make up for how trash the game really is. League of Legends is free, they support it constantly and ensure that the player-base STAYS INTERESTED. MMO's keep their player-base interested with END-GAME... NOT voiceovers and questlines. Absolute. Epic. Fail.

Truly, the end-game raid content in this game is absolute trash. Seriously, I waited years and years for this game -- and all they have to offer is TWO VERY SMALL BUG-RIDDEN raids.

5 Bosses a piece. EV has 2 bosses that aren't bosses, they are 0 skill loot boxes, one of which bugs on a regular basis and locks you out of the raid entirely, halting your progress and wasting your time.

How the *(^($% can they think this is acceptable? I know now all SWToR is about is voiceover and mediocre story-lines. That is supposed to make up for how trash the game really is. League of Legends is free, they support it constantly and ensure that the player-base STAYS INTERESTED. MMO's keep their player-base interested with END-GAME... NOT voiceovers and questlines. Absolute. Epic. Fail.

Did you people not play WoW when it was first released? Does ANYONE remember the original Molten Core?

2-3 months after release 95% of the raiding population was still trying to down the first 2 bosses in there. Ragnaros didn't fall to the majority of guilds for close to 6months of release (if I am remember correctly.) They ONLY had MC, and for the most part it was a X-hour wipefest. It was bugged to **** also.

The game has been out for ~2 months and the 2 entry-level-raids that were created have been fully cleared. Yea they got bugs - thats how new games work.

I understand peoples frustration. I really do. Would people have been happier if Foreman Crusher or Bonethrasher was unbeatable? This way instead of clearing content with a quickness you had something to throw yourself at for 5 days a week? Or would that make it worse?

I am getting bored with the content. We clear both raids on HM every week. Yea we get random bugs that stop us from collecting loot. Suck it up - if you don't like it, quit doing Soa for a few weeks till its fixed and avoid the frustration.

All im saying is so many people are spitting doom and gloom and how the end-game content is so bad. Its been 2 months people - yea it's slim pickings and its fairly easy content (when not bugged.) Give the game some time. Take a month off if you have to. Nothing is released 'perfect' in this industry. NOTHING. They spent years developing the GAME, not strictly end-game content. Don't think they are neglecting us. If the game is to survive, both PvP and end-game ops need to be fully developed and fleshed out. I have no doubt they are working on this. If you waited years to play, you can wait a few months for the end-game content to really pick up steam. :o

Edited by Rookss

Unfortunately my expectations were clearly too high. BioWare had held a high standard except for DA2 and I expected that same standard. Especially when they delayed release so that the game would be "polished".

A game that's polished has a combat log. Enough said.

Did you people not play WoW when it was first released? Does ANYONE remember the original Molten Core?

2-3 months after release 95% of the raiding population was still trying to down the first 2 bosses in there. Ragnaros didn't fall to the majority of guilds for close to 6months of release (if I am remember correctly.) They ONLY had MC, and for the most part it was a X-hour wipefest. It was bugged to **** also.

The game has been out for ~2 months and the 2 entry-level-raids that were created have been fully cleared. Yea they got bugs - thats how new games work.

I understand peoples frustration. I really do. Would people have been happier if Foreman Crusher or Bonethrasher was unbeatable? This way instead of clearing content with a quickness you had something to throw yourself at for 5 days a week? Or would that make it worse?

I am getting bored with the content. We clear both raids on HM every week. Yea we get random bugs that stop us from collecting loot. Suck it up - if you don't like it, quit doing Soa for a few weeks till its fixed and avoid the frustration.

All im saying is so many people are spitting doom and gloom and how the end-game content is so bad. Its been 2 months people - yea it's slim pickings and its fairly easy content (when not bugged.) Give the game some time. Take a month off if you have to. Nothing is released 'perfect' in this industry. NOTHING. They spent years developing the GAME, not strictly end-game content. Don't think they are neglecting us. If the game is to survive, both PvP and end-game ops need to be fully developed and fleshed out. I have no doubt they are working on this. If you waited years to play, you can wait a few months for the end-game content to really pick up steam. :o

Thank god someone has some sense.

WoW at launch was 100000000x more bugged/less content than SWTOR at launch. People just go from a fine tuned game (that's been out for 8 years now?) to a brand new game and expect the same result.

Most people that started playing this game probably started in WoW and have never played a game at launch.