Make Hard Mode Last Boss Token Non Class Specific

It's getting a bit old to run through a hard mode for that end token only to have it drop for the class that is never present in the group. It seems like it's almost a guarantee it will be that class that you didn't bring along.

It needs to change to be just a token for that armor slot that way everyone has a chance going in and knows it. As it stands right now, you spend 1-2 hours doing a hard mode (that you only get to do once per day) and get nothing for it for the most part. You may be lucky and have some random purple drop off previous bosses but lets face it, we're there for the end token only.

So either open it up, or let us run the hard mode more than once per day.

Random is random. Good for companions. Annoying yes but its part of MMO's.

good for SOME classes companions; rooper comps pretty much use same equip; so to a degree your stements invalid for all classes

Edited by BMBender

• 4 weeks later...
It's getting a bit old to run through a hard mode for that end token only to have it drop for the class that is never present in the group. It seems like it's almost a guarantee it will be that class that you didn't bring along.

It needs to change to be just a token for that armor slot that way everyone has a chance going in and knows it. As it stands right now, you spend 1-2 hours doing a hard mode (that you only get to do once per day) and get nothing for it for the most part. You may be lucky and have some random purple drop off previous bosses but lets face it, we're there for the end token only.

So either open it up, or let us run the hard mode more than once per day.

Could not agree more!!!

Me and some friends did our first couple of hard modes today and got nothing usefull on the token drops.

I have to agree with a non-specfic token. The end game looting seems hardly random, even more so with a premade. Hard modes already are near worthless to run anyways since it's an hour of killing stuff, only to hope you get the final drop, and hope it's even for your class to begin with. Changing it to this system will make hard modes far less tedious and annoying to gear up as you'd have a 1 in 4 shot to always get gear you could use.

Not unless it's tionese tokens in HMs, which it should be. It's already easy enough to get gear in this game. I could literally be mostly columni geared in a single day if class tokens are non-specific. Columni is the second best tier currently available. Making tokens non-specific makes gear runs simple beyond measure. What achievement is there in getting gear when it's all but handed to you?

I could literally be mostly columni geared in a single day if class tokens are non-specific.

I call ********. I've been raiding for a month and done dozens of HM's and I've gotten **** for gear. 3 SW drops from HM and ops are even worse (since destiny loot is not only bias but totally broken). Not to mention that until recently you got next to no columi commendations to try and buy gear with. Even getting full T2 in a week is a stretch, unless you run both ops and the stars align for you and destiny loot just ***** gear out for you every boss (even our best gear drop from raids has been 1 fresh 50 with 3 columi pieces from both tops).

Bear with me.

You run the same heroic every day.

you get screwed out of your token every day for a month.

You renew and the same thing happens for another month.

See why they won't change the way loot works?

On another note, you can still buy your token piece with comms saved up from running it for a month.Be glad that the only way of getting your token isnt dungeon farmin.

Fully agree. I have run 4 HM flashpoints and 3 out of 4 times, we have had Columi loot drops for classes not present in the run. It is utterly ridiculous to invest so much time and get zero value in return for the successful win. Either make the barter token generic, not class-specific, or put in code to only drop class-specific loot for a class in the run!

Fully agree. I have run 4 HM flashpoints and 3 out of 4 times, we have had Columi loot drops for classes not present in the run. It is utterly ridiculous to invest so much time and get zero value in return for the successful win. Either make the barter token generic, not class-specific, or put in code to only drop class-specific loot for a class in the run!

So they should tailor loot to party comp? i havent seen a single MMO do that.

Its about keeping bums in seats, you get what you want and you will find other things to do.......

I havent seen a single poster here realise that your getting tier 1 and 1.5 from doing heroics.....

Be glad you dont HAVE to raid to see tier.

I call ********. I've been raiding for a month and done dozens of HM's and I've gotten **** for gear. 3 SW drops from HM and ops are even worse (since destiny loot is not only bias but totally broken). Not to mention that until recently you got next to no columi commendations to try and buy gear with. Even getting full T2 in a week is a stretch, unless you run both ops and the stars align for you and destiny loot just ***** gear out for you every boss (even our best gear drop from raids has been 1 fresh 50 with 3 columi pieces from both tops).

Or you know you could read the words I actually said not what you assume I said. I never said you could do it currently in a day. Yes the stars would have to align for that to work out.

Bracers, chest, pants, gloves, boots, offhand, and head. All of these are columi level and can be obtained via hardmodes. If you take the class requirement off of these tokens you can get all of this gear in a single pass through everytime. Let's say you run this content 2 a day for 5 days. If you do your dailies on Ilum and Belsavis you can get a RAKATA level implant or earpiece. In 5 days you have gotten the bracers, chest, pants, gloves, boots, offhand, and head. On top of that you got the Rakata level item as well. There you go, you have zero reason outside of the daily to do anything but pvp and run ops. You just took an already short endgame and made it even shorter. Congrats.

What they need to do is lower the HM gear tokens to tionese level and make the actual loot drops correct. Not the craptastic mess they are now, where you can (and some usually do) go 10 plus instances without seeing your class token drop. Removing the class requirement doesn't help, it makes matters worse. It's like trying to get rid of a single tree by burning down the whole forest. The loot drop system is the problem not class requirement on tokens.

Edited by Baconmonster

Having generic loot tokens would be a bad Idea. People would ninja all the time, I've seen people ninja loot for companions when there was a player who needed the Columi tokens. Generic tokens would be bad.

I think they best way to solve it is for tokens to drop only for classes that are present in the instance.

Some of us cant always get a guild run going for HMs because our members have busy personal lives. So pugging is sometimes the only way to go. :)

Running HM FP's is a time sink. If you could run it and get the piece of gear you needed in one run then you would be seeing a lot more "I cant find a HM FP group" QQ. Its best for the game if they do not make the tokens universal for all classes. It makes people go back and run things repeatedly. So I would say it is "Working as intended"

Not unless it's tionese tokens in HMs, which it should be. It's already easy enough to get gear in this game. I could literally be mostly columni geared in a single day if class tokens are non-specific. Columni is the second best tier currently available. Making tokens non-specific makes gear runs simple beyond measure. What achievement is there in getting gear when it's all but handed to you?

^ this

Could not agree more!!!

Me and some friends did our first couple of hard modes today and got nothing usefull on the token drops.

Oh no!!! You did your first hardmode and didn't get purples...OMG what are you going to do.