Makeb Expansion- new abilities discussion

Sosajoshua

-did not see a previous one like this. If there is one already then ok-

So I just wanted to here what everyone was thinking for new abilities with the expansion. You can talk about any of the 3 specs and what you'd like to see or general expect will happen to any spec and in any scenario (PvP or PvE).

Okay so im a full Madness 3/7/31 and while I love my dps in PvE and PvP (though I havent PvPd since like September) I feel the spec would appreciate a burst ability that plays off our DoTs (similar to Thundering Blast) , a change in Crushing Darkness that allows it to proc another ability or hence another when resolved, or an AoE DoT like the Sniper's "corrosive grenade."

-the burst while is a dumb idea considering this is a DoT specc would work well in single-targeting in PvP or PvE. In PvE i have yet to see a Madness outdps a Lightning though we can match it. The reason is because we have neither an insta-crit burst nor a set bonus that properly helps us. In PvP its easy to outdps a lightning even with their chains simply because our dots

-CD proc ~> think of what Affliction does Thundering Blast; or how corrosive dart ticks twice. CD could tick twice which could allow for DF incorporation or more FL and then you can go about your rotation

-AoE dot.....if you've seen Lethality snipers in PvP enough said

I have no knowledge of Lightning or Corruption playstyles as I never tried either in their full spec so I leave the rest to you all

Having raided in full lighning for a long time, i can tell you that in the long endgame fights like kephess in tfb that require a good amount of movement, a madness hybrid out DPS's big time. But if i could add an ability I would;

1) rebalance something to make lightning more mobile

2) make Death field a guaranteed crit when affliction is up just like TB

I havent played with hybrids in sometime so I wouldnt know hoe they compare though i figured itd be at least even with full specs. The crit with DF would be nice but I like how Sniper Lethality is and if Madness got a similar ability i think id help the spec (lessened extra dot of Affliction for example)

id like crushing darkness to be baseline instant cast

wrath should instead your next shock or lightning strike do 30% more dmg

parasitism should be changed to regenerate force

cloud mind should have an added defensive benefit as in dmg reduction or something like a hunters ability in wow which makes you un targetable for a few seconds

something like mist form (gw2) where the sorc turns into a ball of pure lightning energy for 4s and reflecting incoming dmg back to the attackers and doing x dmg every 1 second to all enemies within 4 meters of the sorc

edit: i wouldnt mind sorcs being the first class to get a pseudo disarm, rendering their target unable to perform any offensive/damaging attacks for 5seconds (still able to use defensive abilities)

Edited by wwkingms

Some Lore-ish abilities! http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_side_of_the_Force :rolleyes:

Deadly Sight

Enhance Force Sensitivity

Force corrupt

Force lightning already have

Force choke already taken

Force crush already taken

Force drain

Force Destruction

Force phantom

Force Slow already taken

Force insanity

Force scream already taken

Force rage already taken~

Thought bomb

Memory Walk

Spear of midnight black

Transfer essence

Edited by paowee

Madness - New Ability, one tier further from Creeping Terror - 2min CD - For the next 12s, all the healing you gain from Parasitism and Death Field is shared to all of your operation members.

Lightning - Passive talent at the same tier than Thundering Blast, called Crackling Atmosphere - Each second spent casting Lightning-based abilities deals XXX unavoidable damage to your surroundings. The pace at which it deals damage is affected by Alacrity modifiers.

I would like to see Madness get something similar to Unstable Affliction from WoW. Just a little dispel protection.

I would like to see more "real burst" from the Lightning tree. Something similar to Voltaic slash's effect. (Also I"m a fan of a end tier talent to make Lightning Strike instant.)

I would love to see a significantly stronger heal from the Corruption tree that sacrifices YOUR own health to heal an ally. (Ideally for burst healing)

Edited by Xeraz

For the corruption tree instead of AoE heal being the top ability, I would want a new one added a self only super bubble, add 1k absorb to it for 3k instead of 2k, so one ability will burn it off, or make it baseline negates x number of attacks like 3, this would not have a long CD timer, basically you would have to manage it, but be able to apply it all the time unless you were being attacked, like the current bubble. iI would be self only and also grant immunity to leaps and pulls like a sniper as well as bubble stunn and increased force regen while active.

So a re-cap instant cast bubble defensive ability that creates immunity to leaps and pulls, absorbs 1k more dammage, AE stunns on breaking, self only, increases force regen, and can be applied as often as static barrier.

Healing tree top teir ability.

For madness - a talent that improves either death field or DoT damages on target under 30% health, and an AoE DoT.

For corruption : 50% critical healing bonus on dark heal to make its effect on Force Bending finally worth it, and a new top tier instant-heal about to the strenght of the current dark heal with a small cooldown and moderate force cost. Force Bending could affect it by increasing the ammount it heals by 20-30%.

Additionnaly a talent that helps with passive force management would be nice.

For lightning, a talent skiving off 0,5 sec of TB cast time, and for the ability something on a 90 sec cooldown that removes the cast time on LS for 6 seconds to help with mobility. Additionnaly, reduce the GCD by 0,5 sec on it while this ability is active.

Edited by verfallen

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a drop in the potency of Revivification, in exchange for an Innervate-like chain healing ability. Revivification just destroys effective HPS for sorc healers, as seen on numerous parses. Personally, I've been hovering between 30-40% overheals, with Revivification being 40-50% of my total healing done in any given boss fight. We already have chain lightning in the Lightning tree. Just fix a couple lines of code, and voila! Chain Heal. BioWare has already half-*****ed the corruption sorc as the "Shamans of SWTOR". Why not take it all the way?

Lol not to shoot down some of what you guys are saying for ThunderSithGod trees but did someone say Lightning has burst!? Or they want a better burst!? ThunderingBlast is already an insta-crit when target has Affliction and ChainLightning is a burst that hits multiple targets correct? Also you want a lowered cast bar? The PvE set bonus can already give you increased alacrity after an Affliction crit. Sorry not trying to counteract your statements but these "new abilities" you want are already ingame if you look for them.

Now for madness (as I am one) Id love the AoE dot, especially for PvP. The paraticism for a raidgroup would be similar to Mara Bloodlust so thats fine. I would like if the paraticism got boosted a bit cause the "pocket health" is not really all that much coming from Affliction or CT.