Ok I have something to say to you, BW! Enough!

ObiJuanShenobi

Everyone knows that premades are ruining WZs. But there is another problem that is equal to this. Rage quitters are ruining WZs! Today on PO5, (and this happens often), it was a tie 6 minutes into the Alderaan Civil War WZ. It was competitive, each faction had one base capped and we fought for 6 minutes over the mid node. Eventually the Imps capped it and guess what? IMMEDIATELY, a Pub players says 'gg' and leaves. Within 30 seconds, 3 others leave and it went from competitive to a quick slaughter and a waste of my freakin time.

WHAT THE FORK?! Are you kidding me?!

It's one thing to get stuck against premade Imps all the time that slaughter us in 2 seconds, it's another to play with people who are so jaded that they immediately quit a good game the second it's in the Imps favor!

BW needs to fix this crap.

1) handle the premades. Cross server WZ's, take away group Queing for regular WZ's, or put a maximum gear cap on regular WZ's. whatever, just do something.

2) punish these quitters! 15 min deserter debuff sounds good to me. or massive credit hits.

Take care of both BW! Your current system is horse crap.

Edited by ObiJuanShenobi

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A deserter debuff at least sounds like a good idea. Also, leaving a game should have some kind of social impact, much like is done in League of Legends, a very popular PvP game.

If you're in a team with a leaver, something should let you know that [Player] recently left [x] games. At least then you know what to expect.

Another idea: if one person leaves a team, someone else on the other team is made invulnerable, immune, and heal-proof, but unable to deal any damage or have any of their abilities result in any effect. This neutralized player can no longer be targeted by either faction. Long story short: they are neutralized, so that the match remains fair and competitive.

On The Shadowlands, leavers haven't been a major problem that I've seen, but in the end leavers hurt us all and exacerbate an admittedly challenging PvP situation. My ideas are imperfect - even I can clearly see potential abuse of the neutralization system - but the current PvP model does not respond to the problem of leavers much, if at all.

Edited by Asvarduil

Delicious republic tears :)

I tend to say the opposite when some Juggernaut tries to solo someone - even me - and when they get me to 35% HP, I start spamming Emergency Medpack, while periodically hitting Vital Shot.

The ensuing ragequit is hilarious! But still, it's poor sportsmanship.

Everyone knows that premades are ruining WZs. But there is another problem that is equal to this. Rage quitters are ruining WZs! Today on PO5, (and this happens often), it was a tie 6 minutes into the Alderaan Civil War WZ. It was competitive, each faction had one base capped and we fought for 6 minutes over the mid node. Eventually the Imps capped it and guess what? IMMEDIATELY, a Pub players says 'gg' and leaves. Within 30 seconds, 3 others leave and it went from competitive to a quick slaughter and a waste of my freakin time.

It's one thing to get stuck against premade Imps all the time that slaughter us in 2 seconds, it's another to play with people who are so jaded that they immediately quit a good game the second it's in the Imps favor!

1) handle the premades. Cross server WZ's, take away group Queing for regular WZ's, or put a maximum gear cap on regular WZ's. whatever, just do something.

2) punish these quitters! 15 min deserter debuff sounds good to me. or massive credit hits.

If they stoped matching premades with pugs i think most rage quiters would stop, they also need cross server pvp ques as well, getting rolled by the same guild for most of the afternoon / evening is kind of demoralizing.

The issue is not premade vs pug. It's skill, coordination, and willingness to learn from one's mistakes, vs coddling.

At any rate, a public announcement to both sides about ragequitters, a 30 minute Deserter Debuff (15 minutes is not long enough to punish someone, and if they had to leave for legit reasons well they probably need the time off anyway), -Social Points (even resulting in the loss of Social Level if it empties out), maybe even -50k credits to pay for their space taxi.

I would be on board for ALL of these going into effect simultaneously. And anything else people suggest.

The issue is not premade vs pug. It's skill, coordination, and willingness to learn from one's mistakes, vs coddling.

At any rate, a public announcement to both sides about ragequitters, a 30 minute Deserter Debuff (15 minutes is not long enough to punish someone, and if they had to leave for legit reasons well they probably need the time off anyway), -Social Points (even resulting in the loss of Social Level if it empties out), maybe even -50k credits to pay for their space taxi.

I would be on board for ALL of these going into effect simultaneously. And anything else people suggest.

Word.

And great idea.

If they stoped matching premades with pugs i think most rage quiters would stop, they also need cross server pvp ques as well, getting rolled by the same guild for most of the afternoon / evening is kind of demoralizing.

You make a lot of valid points...

The problems is that BW just flat out doesn't care, nor do they even know *** they're doing. Seriously, think about it. No class balance in how long? Rage smashers got BUFFED? What?

They flat out don't know what they're doing. No cross server queues, no paid xfers. They probably should just release a statement saying "hey, we just don't know how to even do that, lol".

The real problem is that these guys are getting paid real life money, not Monopoly money (I know, that baffles the hell out of me) to deliver a product AND service that is supposed to entertain, and it falls way short of that mark. And beyond making a salary for it, they STILL think that "BW knows best" and think they're delivering a quality product. Just look at the statements released from their staff: "our game is awesome and people want to play it."

I often wonder if they just show up to work and get high all day long, because they can't possibly be doing much of anything else. It takes a good 8 days to get a response to a ticket alone, regardless of the severity.

Actually As someone who Ques Solo 90% of the time when getting my weekly/daily done I was completely unaware that premade groups in Warzones were ruining pvp. I win ATLEAST every other match... and I get put up against and with premades just like everyone else.

I have never quit a single warzone, disconnects notwithstanding and I hate people who quit--but I think what you suggest might be a bit harsh. Some people do not intentionally quit. Perhaps a 20 minute debuff of all expertise on the player who willfully quit? This way people who disconnect will simply have to find something else to do for 20 minutes and people who intentionally quit CAN still re-queue, but will be at a sever disadvantage in pvp.

no way am i ever gonna stick it out when im pulled into a loser with a bunch of hopeless idiots (unless its loooong gone i always give these matches a chance, but 50/50 i leave shortly). i also often leave a match before it starts when i see that there's no healers, which for uncoordinated pugs in anything but huttball isn't something i generally want to see. again, not always, but if theres nobody i recognize and no healers in alderaan im gone.

and sometimes i just ragequit, plain and simple. i stick it out in blowouts against the big name premades every day, that's what i get for solo queuing, and as long as im enjoying myself ill never leave, but sometimes i just get too exasperated.

dont want to see punishment for leaving, though a ban on groups larger than 2 in unranked and allowing ranked queuing for groups of four, at the very least, would be welcome, and i think would do more to reduce quitters in unranked than punishment.

dont want to see punishment for leaving, though a ban on groups larger than 2 in unranked and allowing ranked queuing for groups of four, at the very least, would be welcome, and i think would do more to reduce quitters in unranked than punishment.

Well here is the folly of that. You know how people complain about 8-man premades in normal warzones? Do you know how that is possible? Because 2 groups of 4 got put together into the same warzone. Some groups will even all quit until they get in together.

If you decide instead that normal warzones now only allow groups of 2, you will still have up to 8 players leaving every warzone that pops until they get in together. Your solution does NOTHING to alleviate the problem there, and goes so far as to make it harder for those friends who do want and like to play together.

See, the number you place on group size is entirely arbitrary. Which is probably why people want to eliminate premades altogether. Guess what? Even if you limit the group size to 1 (ONE!), you will STILL have people entering and leaving until they get in together.

This accomplishes nothing.

Well here is the folly of that. You know how people complain about 8-man premades in normal warzones? Do you know how that is possible? Because 2 groups of 4 got put together into the same warzone. Some groups will even all quit until they get in together.

If you decide instead that normal warzones now only allow groups of 2, you will still have up to 8 players leaving every warzone that pops until they get in together. Your solution does NOTHING to alleviate the problem there, and goes so far as to make it harder for those friends who do want and like to play together.

See, the number you place on group size is entirely arbitrary. Which is probably why people want to eliminate premades altogether. Guess what? Even if you limit the group size to 1 (ONE!), you will STILL have people entering and leaving until they get in together.

This accomplishes nothing.

Not quite. Although the solution offered is not exactly the best, I can see the reasoning behind it. The probability of matching two, 4 man Warzone groups together is fairly high and easy to accomplish, the lower the group number becomes, the lower the probability all the groups will land in the same Warzone on the same team, especially during high population times, and even less fruit full to repeatedly leave and attempt again. Not the best solution but at this point anything is better than nothing.

The plague known as Premades Vs Pugs undeniably needs to be abolished, it is an abomination of life that does not belong in any way shape or form but it needs to be done in a proper manner, through the following:

Cross Realm Function

Adequate Matchmaking

Split Queues

If not done properly it could either continue to be a problem, foster an abundant amount of loopholes as the current system does or increase queue times for Premades. I run both Premades and solo queue quite frequently, while I don't think Premades deserve an atrocious queue time I also don't believe they should be matched up against a Pug group. A timely solution is crucial or we will lose the vast majority of the player base, which happen to be casual PUGers.

Sometimes it works to your teams advantage in a WZ like Novare Coast when the morons rage quit u can get some decent people in there and turn the game around...but WZ's like civil war and voidstar if it gets too deep in the game a cuumback is less likely and it is annoying.

So it's demoralizing to lose to a well oiled and organized Imperial/Republic premade? how in the hell is that unfair> it's called, "get into a guild, and form your own premade". It's called: learn to play as a team and communicate. PUGs fail because they don't have any real means of coordinating, and don't know each other's playstyles. Premades are not ruining warzones, but rather PUGs are becoming obsolete and irrelevant.

This is a multiplayer game. The amount of QQ on these forums over people PLAYING TOGETHER is staggering.

That should be a clue as to what the vast majority of he players are. Look, I play Premades around 60% of the time but there are times when none of my friends and/or guildmates are available, due to running FPs, full groups or an abundance of other reasons. When those times come, I solo queue because I enjoy PvP, the sheer amount of frustration when a Pug meets a Premade is palpable. All it takes is 1-2 of these horribly one sided and unbearable games to repel players from PvP and/or the game, permanently. It simply should never happen, the fact that this is an MMO doesn't justify that, the game has to be attractive, engaging and most of all, fun for the vast majority of it's players, if it's not guess what, the players quit and the game dies.

Premades Vs Pugs effectively repels the vast majority of the player base (Casual Pugs) because for whatever reason, be it lack of time, experience, social skills, being new to the game and or level bracket, that player chooses to solo queue. It's called a solo queue for a reason, what we need is a better system for grouped players, there is no doubt about the dysfunctional state of our Ranked PvP system, it is nothing short of a failure and joke, which only contributes to the problem of mismatched opponents. The PvP community really needs to cease arguing within themselves and push for: Cross Realm Function, Adequate Matchmaking, and Split queues. It benefits all parties and makes for a solid, competitive, attractive, and most importantly of all, fair system.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

If you want to punish quitters, then bring in the same kind of treatments for those who -

a) enter pvp in pve gear

b) fail to call inc

c) fail to pass the ball in huttball

d) brainless folk

These are the main reasons why I quit a wz as I refuse outright to play with people who haven't a clue what they are doing and by lvl 50, there simply is NO excuses not understand how to play the game.

No punishment. People play and pay to have fun and they should have right to leave when they are not having fun or they have been insulted. If you make people stay you will see more players who play for your opponenet so wz could end faster or they are spamming insults in your chat or gather medals as 3th and 4th guard at your turret.

This and many other things are symptoms from disease that is killing lv 50 PVP. Its imbalance.

I just TOR and have not participated in pvp yet, but im looking forward to it, my last 3 years in SWG i only logged on to pvp and i enjoyed it until the time when the servers went almost empty.

Now ive lurked in the forums for a bit and im a bit confused, are people really up in arms against people who group up and communicate togheter? Isn't that kind of the best part of pvp, to fight in an organised group where every member knows their role and all of the people work towards achieving clearly defined goals?

Some poster said that the game needs to be fun, but in my opinion fun has many layers to it, the most fun that i have ever had in pvp is when the eventual victory has come with alot of organising, planning, team building and effective leadership.

The impression i get reading these forums about pvp in this game, is that most people want a more quicker, easier and shallower pvp, which in itself is not wrong, its totally fine to get your quick fix by just jumping in and out with people you don't know and maybe will not see ever again, but that kind of pvp is not for me.

Putting in effort to do something better should be rewarded, it pushes others to become better aswell, so in my mind disorganised group losing to organised groups should be the norm and its the first time i have ever seen an argument about something like this.

Or maybe im getting the wrong impression, since like i said i just started with this game and havent had the chance to check out the pvp firsthand.

Now ive lurked in the forums for a bit and im a bit confused, are people really up in arms against people who group up and communicate togheter? Isn't that kind of the best part of pvp, to fight in an organised group where every member knows their role and all of the people work towards achieving clearly defined goals?

Sadly, this is the case. The catch phrase for this is "coddling". Make sure you use that word as often as possible!

Some poster said that the game needs to be fun, but in my opinion fun has many layers to it, the most fun that i have ever had in pvp is when the eventual victory has come with alot of organising, planning, team building and effective leadership.

If you had made a brand new thread for this paragraph, it would get a dozen replies, tops.

The impression i get reading these forums about pvp in this game, is that most people want a more quicker, easier and shallower pvp, which in itself is not wrong, its totally fine to get your quick fix by just jumping in and out with people you don't know and maybe will not see ever again, but that kind of pvp is not for me.

It doesn't matter what you want. It matters what they want. There is no negotiation! This is war! Here is the time for temper tantrums!

Putting in effort to do something better should be rewarded, it pushes others to become better aswell, so in my mind disorganised group losing to organised groups should be the norm and its the first time i have ever seen an argument about something like this.

It's not about becoming better. It is about making the other teams worse so the coddlers look good by comparison.

Or maybe im getting the wrong impression, since like i said i just started with this game and havent had the chance to check out the pvp firsthand.

It's actually the most fun and balanced PvP in an MMO that I've played in a long time. And I've been playing them for 12 years, and text-based MUD before that.

Edited by Arlanon