races you DONT want playable

saiyanjedidmv

so im not 100% sure if this is in the right section but....as you all know there have been a million races i want to become playable threads this is there polar opposite counterpart for you folks.

what races do you not want to become playable(as i just asked in the title) and do not say cathar ok lets all agree to be at least semi mature about it comprende?

for me

devaronians:waaaaaaaaaay too dark for my tase seriously the imperial version of the zabraks was already pushing it to the extreme.

jawa: people are gonna kill me dead then bring back to life just to kill me again for this but quite honestly they seem a little silly and bland to become playable in my opinion.

gammoreans: i just dont like them plain and simple.

so yeah these are just a few examples so please try to refrain from bash and be at least semi mature about it and have fun.

Edited by saiyanjedidmv
fixing title typo and adding opinions

I do not want to see Wookiees, Ithorians, Hutts, or many of the more exotic species. They do not fit well in this game as playable. There are a LOT of species that are human enough for romance/voice dialog to fit that are still unique enough to be different from humans yet aren't so alien that they wouldn't fit well in the story.

Personally I like most of them and even species I would not want to play would mostly enrich the game.

That said, I don't think that species that are primarily cute, cuddly or funny would really contribute to the game. I could live without gungans, ewoks and jawa.... But then again, that wouldn't really be worse than Jedi Knights running around in Underwear or Dancer outfits on Carrak Station, so if people want it, I wouldn't mind letting them have it.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Wookiees, Jawas, Yoda's species and Taungs. Wookiees would just require too much work and it would be a headache to design new armour for their frame, Jawas are... Jawas -- beings to be found as scavengers, farmers and as citizens of the Outer Rim. Yoda's species should remain a secret and Taungs... if they'd get in, we'd have millions of players of a species supposedly extinct by this time.

Sorry would not want to play:

Wookie, ugnaught, Ewok[never left endor, so why?], gungans[were not even found until about 1000 years before the events of Episode 1].

what i WOULD play: Falleen, Zeltron, Bothan, Barbel even.

I think we have enough playable species already.

Even now I think Empire classes should be more restrictive. Agent should only be able to pick human (anything else doesn't make sense, yes even Chiss doesn't make sense, they are allies to the Empire but there is no way they would let a non-human in II structure). Warrior should be confined to Human and Sith. Inquisitor should be confined to Human and Sith (for the obvious storyline reason, ancestry). While Bounty Hunter is okay as it is.

Anything from EU

Pff, to me Star Wars is nothing but a childhood memory without the EU. Anyway, no Gungans, Ewoks, or Sullustans. Yes to Taungs (!), Duros, Rodians, Chagrians (want to see some females in the game!), Trandoshans, and Wookiees. Wookiee jedi would be weird though... maybe they'd be better as NPCs.

Edited by Blackholeskipper

I'm going to be the odd man out and say I have no issues with Gungans. To me, we get a bad impression of them due to Jar-Jar. If we had met one that wasn't a clumsy ditz first, we might have a better impression of them. So Gunguns I actually have no issue with as long as everyone doesn't play them as Jar-Jar clones.

I also don't mind Jawas. I won't go into details but I think one of the world quests even has a force sensitive Jawa, so they could be trained to be jedi and sith.

Having said that, one would have to do something like maybe have platonic only responses for companions. Both are probably too alien, especially Jawas to attract any of the companions that have romance options IMO.

I'm actually not fully sure there's a race I'd truly say "no" to. Even things I'd never play I figure should be possible, someone can have fun with them. I haven't seen the guy in a long while but someone was using full Sand People armor and RPing as a Sand Person pubtender on fleet. As bizarre and implausable as that sounds, they managed to make it work and work well IMO. So why not a Sand Person, at least again if most or all the romance options are gone? Someone had fun playing one via social armor/garb.