HM Loot Drops

Any idea how HM loot drops are determined? We ran Kaon last night with 2 Jedi Consulars (heal and DPS sage), a sentinel, and a trooper.

Now I have no problem if I get to the end of an HM and someone else get loot that they can use as long as somebody gets usable loot. However, when we got to the end of the run, we got a drop for Smuggler/Agent Columi head gear.

Really? We run through an HM to get a piece of equipment that nobody can use? That seems a bit harsh.

Anyone else seen something like this?

There is no "smart" loot system in place for hardmode flashpoints - the drop is entirely random - although sometimes it doesn't seem like it (i.e. heavily favouring bounty hunters/agents etc).

There is a "smart" loot system for normal flashpoints though - you get exactly waht classes you have in your group.

That's pretty standard in any MMO I've ever played. Shoot, the bosses in some of Aion's dungeons would sometimes drop nothing at all. Ever played a game where you ran the same dungeon every day for weeks on end without seeing the piece you want drop?

Same thing here.

Yea, Its going on right now. Loot is pissing me off. I've run Kaon 11 times so far... (almost everyday for 2 weeks). I haven't even seen inquistor helm drop. I'm not even sure if it exists anymore. The drops were 3 war, 2 agent, and 6....6!! BH. I've only had BH in my party 2 times. I'm to the point where I will do some ****** stuff to get that helm if i see it. Anytime I have competition in my party for the helm... I toss on master looter in mid of last boss cause if in Jesus *********** christ's name it drops, there is no chance in hell I'm giving to someone else. Last piece i need. I would buy it...but you get a god damn tionese comm at the end of HMs and you only get 3 columi a day.. *********** gay.

Really? We run through an HM to get a piece of equipment that nobody can use? That seems a bit harsh.

Generally, there's someone that can use it, either on a companion or by ripping out the enhancement to fix some of poor itemization.

Anyway, I'm fine with it being random, otherwise, would be too easy to get all the pieces you want, would remove any incentive to do HMs. As is, Ops and the silliness of making daily/weekly the main way to get columi badges already kills much of the interest from people in doing them.

ia/smuggler helms/gloves give you bis enhancements. half your group should have been overjoyed in what loot they received.

in general both columi and rakata are so horribly itemized that you have to move around both mods and enhancements to get optimal gear. there is very little "wasted" loot in game as much as people want to scream about it otherwise.