Warzone (PVP) Planet - Faction Battles

Saito_Hiraga

Here's a crazy suggestion that has recently being running on my head.

I cant decide if call this idea "PVP Planet", "Warzone Planet" or "Faction Battles" but its about the possibility to add an entire planet designed for Faction vs Faction and PVP action.

Since its meant to be a massive scale warzone I was thinking on a planet where the Republic and the Empire are actually fighting for its control. We have heard like a thousand times during conversations, quests and some other places about Republic and Empire battles on planet ("Planet name here") where the ("Faction name here") is getting owned by the other, so a planet where an actual battle between factions is taking place could help players to get lots of actual front line PVP action against players on the other faction with the opportunity to get some new commendations, reputation or any other way to get titles, new gear and cool stuff.

I was thinking it could work as an actual competence for the control of the planet, like a massive Daily Warzone, with the following features:

• A Command Center for each faction:
    Where you arrive with your ship and where you can get supplies and stuff, with the main medical bay and all the other basic needings for the game, maybe with a GTN station too.

• Capturable little towns, medical centers, bunkers and other outposts:
    To capture them a faccion must eliminate the guardian NPCs (possibly guarded by champion NPCs so players must come with a team to stand a chance aganist them) and players protecting them, then hold the possition for a minute or two, After the base is captured it gets its guardians respawned (but now from the faction that captured it) and the faction players gain access to that base properties. (Example: Capturing a medical center grants the players access to it's vendor and in case of dying they are able to respawn there instead of respawning at the Command Center which is possibly too far away, Capturing a town may grant access to its vendors and maybe also some taxi pads and quick travel points, capturing an outpost may help to protect the entrances to areas where a faction has already captured other bases or maybe for a place where players can regroup for launching attacks to near enemy bases).

• Customizable Defenses:
    This just an extra possibility, once a base is captured. There are areas where players may build some other defenses to that base in order to make it more difficult to be captured by the other faction, the defenses they can build depend on the player's crafting Skill which must be at its max level (to make it fair) Example: Armormech Crafters can give the NPC's a buff that increases their endurace and defensive stats, Armstech crafters can spawn some extra troopers of Strong or Elite rank, Artifice can add some force based traps, Biochem can give the NPC's a buff that cures them periodically during the fight, Cybertech can build some turrets and Synthweaving can spawn some Jedis/Siths NPC's of Strong rank with stealth ability to ambush the attackers after they've killed the other NPC's and are waiting to capture the base (This are just examples and this is not forcefully required into this WZ Planet idea I was just thinking of it as an add that could make base captures more interesting and less monotone).

• Unique Quests:
    Instead of getting story line quests, have it filled with quests for eliminating other players, capturing enemy outposts, getting control of certain area of the map and maybe some special ones for placing bombs at some structures, destroying an enemy convoy that is resting somewhere, protecting some landing pads or bases from waves of enemy attacks. Possibilities are infinite.

• Planet Conquest and Daily Rewards:
    Every base that is captured and every quest that a player completes adds score for their faction and every 24 hours (Real time) the faction with the highest score wins the planet and every player that contributed to the faction's score that day gets a reward (possibly credits, special commendations or High reputation items [Maybe also depending on how much they contributed to their faction is the amount or value of the rewards they get])

• Daily Reset:
    Every 24 hours (real time) the planet and the factions' score resets and all the bases become neutral (guarded by neutral aligned NPC's like planet natives, mercenaries, thugs, creatures, etc.) so both factions can start again their battles to capture them and score for their faction.

If you liked this idea I would really appreciate if you can reply with your opinions and ideas, and also if you can share this topic so everyone can see it, comment and finally let the development team consider if it can be done and added in a future update.

Sounds great!

Though the only problem I can think of, this sort of thing was tried with the Ilum PvP place, and 'Outlaw's Den' on Tatooine, they're pretty dead; very little people use them anymore.

Despite that, the fact you offer quests and stations throughout this PvP world could make this work, indeed it would be quite unique, I would definitely be interested in playing somewhere like this.

any of that idea is good to me. now the only thing is can the hero engine handle it I wonder...

Its not really hard to make if you start thinking of it, just look at Makeb, its huge with lots of areas and AI's around them and the engine worked well with it. This planet doesn't needs to be as huge as Makeb.

A planet with a size similar to Jundland on Tatooine could work really well for this kind of idea.

• 5 months later...
Its not really hard to make if you start thinking of it, just look at Makeb, its huge with lots of areas and AI's around them and the engine worked well with it. This planet doesn't needs to be as huge as Makeb.

A planet with a size similar to Jundland on Tatooine could work really well for this kind of idea.

NPCs are much different than player characters. Unfortunately, this game engine grinds to a halt when too many (> 20?) players are in the same location.

Ilum had some of these things at launch. There were points to capture and such. A lot more advancements in the core of the game would have to made to make this a viable option.

• 4 months later...
the planet could be a large pvp wz where every couple of hours the 2 sides battle it out for supremecy, the right to loot the planet of goodies and a few bosses in a small ops run just for owning the planet.....wow had something very similar and something like this would be an extra little it seems to need.