BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this a few weeks ago when i helped out a fellow jedi, it was a very difficult fight with the 2 of us and his t7 and my doc. Finished my own class story yesterday and its almost a completely different fight now, extremely easy to do. Just pop emp when the adds come and lay the hurt down on the emp, he was dead in less than a minute.

EDIT: Guess what! I got lucky. Got him down to 2k and he promptly bugged out ignored interrupts and instant cast a one shot on me. The difference came in my next attempt, either some bored CSR was peeking in and took pity on me, or its more bugged than they realize because the Emperor took one Lightsaber throw to the face (To start the fight) and gave up. Quest step moved on and I completed the story.

To be honest, Im not really happy with that. I would have much preferred to manage it under my own power rather than luck out and either have help from on high or another bug give me the win. It definitely needs some looking at Bioware, its very very buggy.

The exact same thing happened to me.... after several attempts where i was close, the last fight i basically one-shotted him...

as for the puzzle, complete it and you get the ancient chest. it's bugged, but if you leave the story mode and re-enter, you'll be able to open it. unfortunately, all the npcs respawn. the easiest way is to simply queue for a warzone. when you come back, you'll be able the open the chest, which i read contained a full set of blue gear for T7, however it was a full set of green gear....

Its a shame they nerf the fight...

Everyone need to remember you are fighting THE EMPEROR. The most powerful Sith the Universe has known.

The Emperor defeated Revan and Meetra (Exile), two of the most powerful Jedis the order has known, without too much trouble

You are not suppose to walk in there and just beat the crap out of him.

Its a shame they nerf the fight...

Everyone need to remember you are fighting THE EMPEROR. The most powerful Sith the Universe has known.

The Emperor defeated Revan and Meetra (Exile), two of the most powerful Jedis the order has known, without too much trouble

You are not suppose to walk in there and just beat the crap out of him.

Revan is a boss in a level 35 instance.

I could walk in at level 50 and just beat the crap out of him.

I really wish Bioware would have gone with something like having Satele Shan use her family's famous Battle Meditation, to bolster all of your companions and had them all join you, in addition to all the jedi you redeem along the way.

Like a huge, elaborate multi-stage/objective battle with the most powerful Sith ever. Instead it's a banal, trite, bugged, lame *** fight like all the others, where you **** out and hide behind pillars, while nickle and diming a health bar down, while T7 seven gets floored in seconds due to yet another weak *** cop out decision, made by developers who phoned it in.

I really wish Bioware would have gone with something like having Satele Shan use her family's famous Battle Meditation, to bolster all of your companions and had them all join you, in addition to all the jedi you redeem along the way.

Like a huge, elaborate multi-stage/objective battle with the most powerful Sith ever. Instead it's a banal, trite, bugged, lame *** fight like all the others, where you **** out and hide behind pillars, while nickle and diming a health bar down, while T7 seven gets floored in seconds due to yet another weak *** cop out decision, made by developers who phoned it in.

Hi I don't think you've played it since 1.1. Soothe your frustrations, it's not the Jedi way.

Did the fight today, and I was surprised by how easy it turned out to be after all I had heard. Especially the trash before the Emperor was a joke. Was the fight nerfed in the latest patch? Or at least the Trash Mobs?

As for the fight with the Emperor himself, it's still kinda hard and the fact that I was extremely nervous due to all the horror stories people told me about the fight didn't help. In my first attempt he one shotted me at about 40%, I got him in my second try, without Force Might, I forgot to reapply it.

The Emperor dies really fast. Seriously, he's extremely squishy. I started the fight by sending in T7, the Emperor ported to the stairs and called the ads, they ran up to the throne where T7 was still waiting, I nuked them with his EMP. I killed the second wave one by one while T7 was tanking the Emperor. I used a Presence stim and a Companion Medpack, the latter helped a lot. T7 dies right after the second wave, the rest of the fight was really just interrupting as many casts as possible, especially the really long one. One thing I noticed is that his AoE can be kinda hard to spot, since the ground is rather bright. I killed him with about 20% of my life left. And I actually forgot to use Awe. I forgot to pop Call on the Force. And frankly, I was so nervous that I didn't really watch my rotation either. Now, I might just have gotten lucky. It might just be that 90% of the Jedi Knight Community sucks. But I actually do think that there was a nerf to the Emperor in this patch, especially since, you know, I didn't play particularly well and still killed him relatively easy. The most important part about the fight really is to interrupt his casts, they do the damage, and as a Watchman you have 4 different interrupts, it should be possible to interrupt all his most dangerous skills. And when the ads spawn, don't panic, let T7 use his EMP if he's still alive, if he isn't, pop all the defensive cds you have available and just use tab targeting and Strike to dispatch them quickly.

On an unrelated note, the chest for T7 bugged for me, couldn't loot it, and also after I beat the Emperor I couldn't pass an invisible barrier to talk to him, a relog solved that problem though, just wanted to say that there ARE still bugs with him that should be fixed. Also give Scourge some clothes :p

I totally agree, I geared up with dailies and brought T7 back to shape, and for WHAT?

all the gear in the chest was lower than what T7 had, and I had harder fight when esploring around (there is one group of four strong and one group of two elite apart from the main path).

I started the fight and was afraid from what I had read. I hardly lost any life and the fight was finished. T7 died as I dealt the final damage. I did not analysed during the fight as I thought It would be hard. I started as usual and never changed target, meaning I only focused on the emperor. The add never posed me a problem and focused on T7.

That was really a let down. I even think one of the add was left but the emperor was down so the fight had ended (not sure on this since I finished on a force sweep at 3500 damage).

Either it got nerfed or the tric is just to forget the adds and kill the emperor.

Hi I don't think you've played it since 1.1. Soothe your frustrations, it's not the Jedi way.

Wait so patch 1.1 made the fight interesting? It's not a banal gimmick boss fight anymore? Or did they just nerf what is already a lame boss fight by simply lowering damage output or what have you?

Wait so patch 1.1 made the fight interesting? It's not a banal gimmick boss fight anymore? Or did they just nerf what is already a lame boss fight by simply lowering damage output or what have you?

As the Bioware rep said in this thread, the fight was never supposed to be that way. 1.1 fixed it, as you can see by all the posts in the past few pages proclaiming victory over the Emperor.

Here is the short and sweet to this thread. T7 is not needed. He will die in the first 25% no matter what. If you want the solution to finishing the last quest in act III read the spoiler.

Quick version at bottom.

Aggro the Emperor and go hide behind the pillars next to his throne. Pop Rebuke just as the ghost clones come up the stairs. Use zealous strike and strike to kill the clones. This does 2 things. It will kill them in one hit and build focus. As you kill the clones keep moving around the pillars to kill the Line of Sight on the Emperor. Once the clones are dead use Blade Storm and Crippling Throw to deal damage. The ranged attacks allow you to dance around the pillars interrupting the attacks of the Emperor. If you have lots of med packs or a reusable one you can stall the fight out and keep moving around the pillars not taking damage waiting for any CoolDowns to come back. At 100/75/50/25 the clones spawn.

Just keep moving around the pillars, breaking LOS of Emperor, use Strike and Zelous Strike to kill adds. Use Blade Storm and Crippling Throw to deal damage.

Had a bit of trouble with it, took about 12 goes as a combat sentinel today. I found getting the T7 upgrades helped out. (if your having the chest bug just log in and out, worked fine for me after this.)

I used the pillar method with a bit of a twist, instead of doing laps around the back pillars I used los to hide behind the ones at the top of the stairs and I drop down onto the floor and sit in the corner and wait for every mob to come to me and either smack the emperor or pick off the adds as they come one at a time and repeat as needed. Ended up with 60% health at the end doing it this way.

Other little I tricked I used was to sit behind the pillar with T7 on passive with his taunt's ready and let him attack as the mobs stacked up, I got him to last 2 waves this way.

The fight went from seeming neigh impossible to know i'd get it in next few goes after I tweaked the other methods in this way. Hope this helps, fun fight but shouldn't have to tweak the fight in this way for solo stuff.

Edited by Jakexe

This fight took me three tries as a defense specced Guardian with T7 pretty decently geared up. The first two times I was went in with no knowledge of the fight and kept trying to tank the Emperor and his clones in the middle of the room which didn't work out hehe.

The third time I saw pillars mentioned and took to LoS'ing the Emperor behind the pillars up by the throne when his clones spawned. T7 actually did a good job of withstanding the clones until they vanished and the Emperor would follow me up behind the pillar where I would engage him. He would reappear in the center of the room when the clones spawned and it was rinse repeat from there. I made sure to land a taunt on the Emperor when the clones respawned to keep him forced on me and kept T7's aggro abilities off, he was able to aggro the clones without the taunts just by attacking one of them.

It was a bit of an annoyance being forced to use a companion all of a sudden that I hadn't been using or gearing up for quite awhile. I spent 75k or so gearing up T7 and he held out through the fight. That's what you get for ignoring the droid hehe.

The chest near the end with the gear T7 was laughable, first it wouldn't open after I solved the puzzle and I had to leave the entire instance. I came back in and the chest worked but the T7 gear in it was lame. I had upgraded him much better than that using the GTN and some crafted stuff.

Edited by Ryukan

I almost killed him three times (Jedi Guardian) and keeping more than half my energy, but everytime he´s about to die he pushes me (or whatever he does) and i suddenly die, doesn´t matter the amount of energy i have.

I spent two days upgrading both mine and T7´s gear, and i obviously better than him, im talking about me having more than 50% and he having 1-5%, but he always kills me, don´t know how...

I never attack the clones, i just focus on him all the time, and the battle goes very well, until he... does his "die-now" trick and goodbye.... i´ll have to bring a friend i guess.

Not sure if it's already been said, didn't feel like going through 35 pages of the thread, but here's how I beat him after suffering a humiliating defeat for like 7 times.

First I was standing behind one of the pillars, breaking the all the targets' line of sight and luring them to me. You can start running circles around the pillar(s), killing the clones as you pass them with your simple spamable strike skill until only the Emperor remains. Breaking their line of sight also cancels anything cast-able they are about to fire at you. See the Emperor charge up his Force Blast? Go hide behind a pillar until it cancels out. I know I easily killed him like this as a defense specced guardian with T7 in lv 40'ish gear. It's just too bad the AoE's don't work on the clones.

The problem with this is that the fight feels a whole lot less epic as it should be. I mean it's the friggin' Emperor, supposedly the strongest Sith out there.

Hmm...you guys really scared me with this whole LOS/pillar thing. Hadn't upgraded T7 that much (been using Kira and occasionally Doc), but I thought 'Let's give it a shot.'

Worse part of the fight? Forgetting in my excitement that his Force Blast was an instant kill when he was down to 10% health. But in the end, I killed him on the fifth try. No LOS, no pillar trick...just concentrated my attacks on the main boss himself rather than the others, and used interrupts on his big attacks. Popped a might stim before the fight too.

Maybe they made it easier in this recent patch...whatever the case, it doesn't need to be nerfed anymore. Frankly, the battle was a bit of a let down. I don't know whether that's intentional to show how uber awesome you've become as a Jedi, or the developers just got lazy at the end, but this end battle was actually easier for me than the battle with some of the fallen Jedi. Go figure.

Edited by Raailan

This fight honestly isn't that hard. I did this at level 50 on the first try with a decently geared T7. Since you know that you can only use T7, it makes sense to start gearing him around level 48-50 with items above rating 80+.

With that said, T7 still gets ravaged pretty early on in the fight. I didn't LoS using the pillars and fought the emperor in front of his throne area. AoE doesn't work on the clones so you need to actually strike them somehow (slash or strike will do). Also, make sure you interrupt the emperor at every chance you get. There's one key ability that needs to be interrupted when he's low on health (too lazy to figure out which one).

Play your AC/spec right and you should be fine.

...I killed him on the fifth try. No LOS, no pillar trick...just concentrated my attacks on the main boss himself rather than the others, and used interrupts on his big attacks. Popped a might stim before the fight too.

I succeeded yesterday with very similar tactics, also on the fifth try. Turned off all agro on the droid (except EMP). Engaged and followed my normal combat routine, with close attention on interrupts. Left the adds to the Droid. Used all healing capabilities and finished the fight at half health. The droid at a third.

I would not call it easy. It is fast and furious, and a good test of class abilities, because you better use them all. IMO it needs no changes.

Hmm...you guys really scared me with this whole LOS/pillar thing. Hadn't upgraded T7 that much (been using Kira and occasionally Doc), but I thought 'Let's give it a shot.'

Worse part of the fight? Forgetting in my excitement that his Force Blast was an instant kill when he was down to 10% health.

That´s the problem, the battle seems easy to me, but when you are about to defeat him he kills you with one single strike. Tried this morning again and he blowed up 75% of my energy when he was about to die... that´s ridiculous...

I wouldn´t care if the fight were tougher, but having a "secret" move that can kill you instantaneously makes no sense.

By the way, i play it exactly the way you do and it works well, until that single strike of course...

That´s the problem, the battle seems easy to me, but when you are about to defeat him he kills you with one single strike. Tried this morning again and he blowed up 75% of my energy when he was about to die... that´s ridiculous...

I wouldn´t care if the fight were tougher, but having a "secret" move that can kill you instantaneously makes no sense.

By the way, i play it exactly the way you do and it works well, until that single strike of course...

The best tip I can give you is when you see him kinda hunch down, KICK him. Worked for me.

Yea see I am so ****** the Emperor dropped dead before the fight started.

... I wish I was kidding.

I walk in, start the first conversation, he goes blah blah blah you're going to die. Drops out of conversation, I see red big bad Emperor before me and before I can use one ability he despawns and appears sitting on his throne. The quest advances telling me to talk to him. I do so and he acts as if I had just beaten him in battle.

So... yea. I didn't even have to fight him.

Guess he was to scared. Punk. :cool: