Busted the 50% XP armor

ThomasStarWars

Now you have to keep the armor up to date for 50 levels with mods because they got rid of the armoring making it worthwhile for 50 levels, and if you want to move the armor to a different character, you have to remove the mods and put fresh mods in on the other character because of the level requirements on mods.

I must have been using this wrong. The only difference for me, is that I now have to add armouring. Which is negligible.

And now I have two of this set. Yay.

With the armor on the set I was able to do the entire class story without bothering with mods. Now with the difficulty increase and nerfed set it will be yet another boring time sink added to leveling.

Edited by Suzsi

With the armor on the set I was able to do the entire class story without bothering with mods. Now with the difficulty increase and nerfed set it will be yet another boring time sink added to leveling.

Same. I used to rock that built-in armor rating of the XP armor through a lot of levels, just getting mods and enhancements for it periodically. Meh. Not a big deal losing the built-in armoring, but it sure was a nice convenience.

I have a relevant question. I saw in the patch notes that we were supposed to get the dark vs light armor in the Overflow? I didn't log into an overflow but I did have two boxes that said they were the dark versus light armor but both boxes only amounted to five pieces. am I missing a box or am I missing something else entirely?

I have a relevant question. I saw in the patch notes that we were supposed to get the dark vs light armor in the Overflow? I didn't log into an overflow but I did have two boxes that said they were the dark versus light armor but both boxes only amounted to five pieces. am I missing a box or am I missing something else entirely?

Mine was in legacy storage, not command stash overflow.

Now you have to keep the armor up to date for 50 levels with mods because they got rid of the armoring making it worthwhile for 50 levels, and if you want to move the armor to a different character, you have to remove the mods and put fresh mods in on the other character because of the level requirements on mods.

You would need to remove the mods anyway were the tertiary stats meaningless for the class you're moving the armor to.

• Dev Post

Yeah that was an error, it is in your Legacy Storage.

-eric

The changes to how armors work really super nerfed the usefullness of the set yes. I noticed it especially badly on the starter planet. Even when my char hit level 10 before finishing korriban and i went to the fleet to get mods for it and then went back to korriban it was still an super slog. it didn't seem as bad on corusant with overleveled char there who had level appropriate to actual char level mods installed in it but it was still an massive downgrade. Also The amount of xp either required to level or the xp you get from stuff seems to have been changed drastically because leveling through korriban i was way lower level than i have been usually and it took me way longer xp wise to get there. example usin x and y. If I before patch 6.0 got to level x on korriban after y number of quests it now seemed to me that i got to level x only after 2y or 3y number of quests and stuff. P.S. Also they should make it so each new char you make get sent an copy if you have unlocked it in the past like with a load of other stuff you get sent in mail for newly created chars that is from something you unlocked ages ago. Edited by Jevnaker

I'll have to check later, but it sounds as though the set has the XP bonus but now also have no armoring fitted? That would just mean I'd add green armorings along with the green mods and enhancements I used to use. No biggie.

the problem comes from the tedium of having to extract the mods and insert new ones if you want to move it to an alt.

the problem comes from the tedium of having to extract the mods and insert new ones if you want to move it to an alt.

Sorry, can't sympathize. I have 155 toons and almost all of them at one point wear their own set of fleet-bought legacy gear prior to 6.0 and I'm sorry, but those 20-30 seconds necessary to rip out and stuff mods into another piece, well, if that's your tedium, that's your tedium, but I can't sympathize. It's a non-event to have to restuff mods.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Sorry, can't sympathize. I have 155 toons and almost all of them at one point wear their own set of fleet-bought legacy gear prior to 6.0 and I'm sorry, but those 20-30 seconds necessary to rip out and stuff mods into another piece, well, if that's your tedium, that's your tedium, but I can't sympathize. It's a non-event to have to restuff mods.

more time played metrics required for bioware

Something like this came up in an earlier thread about this armor. It seems that the OP of that thread was almost daily switching between several alts. Most people just start one alt and level it to 50 (or as desired) using the bonus armor. That means only having to remove mods when you start a new alt.

If you are playing several low-level alts at the same time, the obvious way to avoid the "tedium" is to ignore the bonus on all but one alt - levelling is fast enough without it.

really the gear should have no armoring slot and fixed stats according to the amount it gave before...

that gear was really good, awesome reward for people that took the time and finished the requirements... now its just good..

USELESS ARMOR NOW -- VERY DISAPPOINTED

The old set used to be bound to Legacy. I passed it from new toon to new toon.

I had planned to send it to my Nautolan.

BUT NO... it bound to the character that pulled it out of Legacy storage while I was reorganizing space.

Now it will never be useful again.

Edited by Xina_LA

USELESS ARMOR NOW -- VERY DISAPPOINTED

The old set used to be bound to Legacy. I passed it from new toon to new toon.

I had planned to send it to my Nautolan.

BUT NO... it bound to the character that pulled it out of Legacy storage while I was reorganizing space.

Now it will never be useful again.

Ahem...

before yet another person uselessly flies off the handle about this...

remove the gear from the bound box, and you will see...

https://i.imgur.com/MnWtLVu.png

Outlier much?

I don't think most of us want them balancing the game's time sinks around someone with 155 characters.