Class Feedback

CommunitySupport

1. How do you think your Sage spec is perceived by other classes?

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

1. As a balanced sage, I'm constantly being under-estimated in my damage output. I attribute it to ignorance mostly. But partially because of the dress... Yes, I wish the Sage tier gears have different looks. Perception is important.

2. I perceive my spec as competitive. Not bursty enough in some situations, making me 1-dimensioned.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

!

DPS (As both Balance, Telekinetic, and Hybrid)

1. PvE - Valuable party member with good cc, and on par dps. PvP - Worst possible way to fill an ops spot.

2. PvE - Enjoyable, and depending on spec engaging. Little low burst dps, but very strong aoe. PvP - Worst class to play bar none in any MMO I've ever played. Very low survival ability, with little to no burst dps to strain healers or actually make people consider how to attack you.

1. Imps love me.

2. Casual player so can't talk about RWZ. Normal WZ's there are occasions when it is fun. When guarded by a good tank, when the enemy is rubbish, that's about it. Playing against most teams it is a case of how many enemy can I get to leave the objective whilst they kill me. If it is one I often can kill him (full WH aug). 2 is their optimum for a fairly quick kill.

I don't want more CC as there is too much in wz's already. How about one of these defence cooldowns? Even something like make my next heal uninterruptable? I've specced as much anti-knockback as I can but still find the amount of interrupts too much.

I know my skills aren't great and I'm sure there are sages out there that perform much better in wz's however for me I can state that WZ's simply aren't fun.

Some suggestions.

My bubble absorbs more damage (even just for me).

My fast heal (1.5 second) insta with cooldown (easy then to re-tweak if proves to be too unbalancing).

Some type of armour increase defence cooldown.

Sprint immune to slow (though I accept that in Hutball this would be overpowered).

Easy answer, the easiest kill in game in PvP circumstances whether DPS/Heal spec. I am a full Seer Sage Healer, who also goes between the 21/20/0 hybrid and a Tele/Balance Hybrid for pure DPS. Sage Heals are quickly finding themselves without Rated spots. We're percieved as a free kill in rateds, and a utterly useless paperweight for our teams to carry through the warzones. Our only use to them is to rescue them in huttball, we cannot defend nodes or doors. In short Sages are becoming the least desired class to take into rateds, the ammount of crowd control and pocket tanking needed to keep them alive and useful in rated warzones is ridiculous compared to the other healing and DPS classes.

Now in PvE we are highly desired, because the problem is our skills are so based on PvE that they are utterly useless in competitive PvP as it's all about healing output w/ no survivability.

As DPS spec against equally geared players, I find that I can handle myself fine, there's so much kiting involved that I think this has turned most players off of playing the class, you will spend 90% of your time kiting melee because you are viewed as a free kill, and even when not heal spec will be quickly downed by the other team because they know you are squishy.

As healing spec, I feel incredibly underpowered in a PvP environment, Deliverance is on a 2.2-2.3 second caste even w/ high ammounts of alacrity. The only thing it's useful for is hopefully to fake caste, but usually it's just a waste of caste time because players wait until you've already caste for 2.0 seconds then interrupt. I have a Scoundrel healer as well, his big heal is on a 1.8 second caste, and is actually usable in PvP. In other words by not knowing how to make the double deliverance dip only 1 x 1.4 second Deliverance caste you have severely hurt our survivability, and made us a laughing stock of Rateds unless we are pocket guarded and body guarded by everyone on our team. Now lets just simply look at our defensive capabilities, it consists of a bubble that's gone in 1 attack by a majority of classes. Our AOE heal is basically unusable in PvP everyone knows to interrupt it, and the stupid animation tells everyone in a 30m radius what you are casting. Healing Trance is our best tool to stay alive now, but it's no counter really to burst DPS, our best counter to that is benevolance because deliverance takes far too long to caste. Looking at it this way in the 4.6 seconds it takes us to get 2 x Deliverance caste's off a Scoundrel has gotten 2x Underworld Medicine(their big heal) off in 3.6 seconds(1 second faster .5 seconds per caste), and is well on his way to casting another.

So overall you meant well by removing the double dip deliverance, but we need the 1.4 second caste in PvP to even stand up to par with the other healing classes in single target healing so find a way to fix this. Also our instant caste Rejuvinate is on far too long a c/d, it should be instant caste up all the time, everything else we caste gets interrupted besides that and our cleanse in a lot of matches.

Before 1.2 Sage Healing felt powerful, now we feel weak in competitive PvP, we are seen as a free kill, we are quickly being taken out of many guilds main rated groups. I played a Seer healer up until recently when I finally got my Scoundrel to 50, and am 6 piece Warhero on him now. Compared to the Sage, the Scoundrel now feels powerful, can actually survive and heal his team while pressured, oh and has the same healing throughput as my Sage in less gear. I can caste heals all day on my Scoundrel never run out of resources, no one ever dies, it's amazing. Basically Sage to me feels like a ghost of itself, it's fine for doing regular warzones, but is so caste reliant that it struggles in rateds without a pocket guard and dps constantly peeling attackers from it.

To put it nicely a Sage healer basically has to roll with an entourage of tanks and DPS willing to protect their every move, because they are 4 GCD's from a Pyrotech or Mara from being useless and dead.

Fix us before the actual season 1 of rated's starts please, I would like to play my Sage again, but as of now my Scoundrel Sawbones in BM gear is > Sage Seer in Fully Augmented War Hero in terms of survivability and useful healing output, and there's something wrong with that in a very gear based game.

Edited by Yinata

Who Pves? Warlord healing sage premade and RWZ PVP only. @1 we are either the easy kill or the real tanks of this game. @2 to many people were riding the coat tails of Pre 1.2 op healing and needed a wake up. Currently lockouts and TTK is what needs to be reworked. Resistance to either lockouts mez or stuns or increased damage resistance. In terms of spec 31/7/3. Why are you taxing me on basically two of the points or 1 point for 1% Dmg reduction wow I just reduced 100 Dmg for a talent point what a waste. Also fix the egress bug it's not working as intended.

1. Below average burst, below average survivability, and a liability in competitive RWZ.

2. Good overall damage, below average burst, below average survivability, and fun class to play.

If it can shoot, stab, or swing a weapon it'll probably kill us faster than we can kill it (at equal gear).

If we try to run away, and this is the real funny part, our max range is the max range for Leaps and Grapples.

Makes tons of sense, right?

The 10 meter range we're supposed to have as an advantage is nonexistent.

Edited by Sevaar

Full heal spec sage.

PVE: I think most perceive us as having incredible AE heals with unlimited force so they don't understand how some fights with lots of AE dmg and/or movement make it very difficult to keep force up due to 1.2 changes. I also don't think people understand how long the cast times are for our main heals or that we have to stand in our own AE heal constantly to effectively manage force.

PVP: I think most see Sage as the primary target because we are an easy kill (low survivability and HPS < DPS).

PVE: I perceive the Sage in PVE as a bit clunky due to the force management issues but still workable. Raiding on the Sage is the only thing I do at this point.

PVP: I think the healing spec Sage is essentially extinct in PVP as their ability to survive is not good. When people tell you to roll a hybrid spec to be an effective healer (so you can survive longer than 3 GCD) there is something wrong. There are some circumstances a healing spec Sage can still thrive in PVP but it's usually with multiple cross healers (that can't kill anyone) and/or guard and/or against unskilled players who have low dps/don't know how to interrupt heals. Force management is also not really an option in PVP since there is rarely a time that it's safe to take health off to gain force but that isn't usually an issue with the short TTK in PVP.

I have played every spec in every setting, so I will voice my opinion on all.

PvE: Seer is good, salvation is great for keeping raids toped off, little lacking in clutch time heals.

TK: best dps spec, good aoe damage, but still falls short of almost every other dps class in optimal spec/gear. Still viable in top tier raids.

Balanced/hybrid: Easy spec to master, decent enough damage, gives healers a bit of a break with self healing.

PvP: Seer: useful, but would take other healing class of equal gear over it. easily taken down and can be interupted. Salv is useful for defending and pull is good for getting an ally out of trouble, but not enough to make up for downsides

TK: utterly useless, not enough burst, cant wind up enough to take enemys down.

Ballenced: Almost just as useless as TK, can put up big numbers if good, but not wining any 1v1's or killing healers.

PvE: I feel that seer is just fine, and the lack of having a crisis moment heal is made up by being able to throw a bubble on to absorb damage while HT knights them up.

TK is the best DPS build by a mile. Doesn't have nearly as much burst as other classes, and still falls short in optimal rotation and gear to almost all other dps classes, and significantly so. Still it is viable in endgame for now, but if things don't change, they will fall further behind and get left behind when its time to raid.

Balanced or hybrid builds are great for new players at any level of play. Its extremely easy to get the rotation down, and the dot self healing makes it easier to recover if we take some unwanted damage. The build falls WAY behind though in end game when optimal gear is taken into consideration, which makes since with the ease to play it, but it makes the build a junk build for players trying to do the best they can.

Ultimately I feel that the Sage is being a bit forced into the healing tree, both by other players, and by design. It seams like the Sage dps is meant to fill the roll of either a glass cannon, or a kiter, but we like the umph in dps in the TK tree to be considered a cannon, or the maneuverability and control to kite another player effectively in balance.

I'm the sage healer in our guild.

I don't really interact with players outside my own guild.

Love it. I find healing in flashpoints and ops fun and engaging. I only run out of force if I haven't been on top of it. As for soloing, well, Qyzen and I can do any of the Heroic 4 missions in the game just us. I never cast Benevolence, even with the practially guaranteed crit from Conveyance it's just not worth it. Maybe Conveyance should increase its crit bonus as well.

I play a level 50 healing sage: 32 Seer / 7 Telekinetics / 2 Balance. I heal hard mode flashpoints, no operations or pvp.

Everyone seems to like my healing, because nobody dies. They see me as reliable, if a little boring.

I like my spec very much, although running out of force if a fight goes badly can be a slight issue. Bubble and renew helps me mitigate tank damage while healing up DPS, and I feel in control of my healing and able to respond with my "oh crap" bubble/benevolence skills. The long cast time on force lift can be a little dodgy if I'm recasting crowd control during a tough fight, when I need to be healing.

[seer] That generic healer class, and as such, are quite usually preferred, or more acknowledged for their actual value, compared to other healing classes, specially on PvE/ops.

[TK] That generic squishy spellcaster class.

[balance] The generic squishy spellcaster class (as with other AC's, non-sages can't differentiate the difference between the other two non-healer/tank trees).

[seer] That generic healer class that needs a little bit more survivability in PvP.

[TK] That generic squishy spellcaster class that I don't play much.

[balance] Hybrid AC excellent for soloing PvE and a fun hybrid for PvP.

Consular – Sage Healer

PVE Operations/Flashpoints Perspective

• Probably the best healers in the game due to the AOE heal that can heal up to 8 players and the Force Armor shielding ability.

• Great array of tools such as Rescue, crowd control, and interrupt abilities.

• Worst looking high end PVE clothing gear for male characters, no appropriate dark side looks.

• Deliverance is a somewhat useless heal for HM operations and flashpoints because it has such a long cast time and does only a relatively “okay” spike heal for the long cast time.

• Frustrating to run out of Force during long boss fights and have to use Sacrifice to keep healing.

Loved & feared for the same reasons. The sage is an excellent healer, both in PVP and PVE. I see no reason to change anything.

Other classes respect the sage for his raw power, but we get laughed at because of the way we look. All the end-game sets look simply terrible - tionese, columi, rakata and BH/campaign.

When I see my character in the character selection menu I think to myself: "How is it that a character that is so frickin' awesome looks like a total twet?"

He doesn't look like a jedi at all, more like queen Amidala with a hangover.

And yet, good sets are possible. I loved the level 20 promulgator set, the old centurion set (the brown one, not the stupid red-and-yellow-christmas-tree-one of the recruit set) and also what the consular is wearing during character creation. This class needs a bit more masculinity after two VERY feminine sets.

Edited by Erikusz

1. They tend to see me as a 'proper' healer - had comments like 'never a problem with sages' before. I'm ok with that, but makes me wonder about the other classes (and more accepting of 1.2).

2. I love this spec. Very enjoyable (but see below!).

Furthermore: I hate that no matter how I spec, my lightsaber, the most awesome and coolest weapon in the galaxy, is a stat stick.

This is a major issue with the aesthetics of the class. Feel like I'm not a jedi. :(

I play a lvl 50 seer (32-7-2) I heal HM FP and ops and do some PvP

My guildies like my heals. I keep them alive and they are happy. In PvP most see a seer as a water balloon. Easy to squish with the only side effect wet trousers (more of a nuisance than a threat). When I am left alone I can dish out some big heals.

I have augmented PvE gear and so my heals are powerful. I keep people alive and they are happy. Force armour is helpful in those panic moments where health is less than 10%. I usually try to keep everyone above 50-60%. Overall, I think I can heal well in PvE.

In PvP though, once I am marked then it's at least 2 marauders/sentinels on me and I die before I can say STAR WARS. I lack this "OH DEAR" abillity when I am focused in warzones.

If I may suggest that Kinetic collapse or Force wake be lower in the telekinetics tree or give seers a skill that makes Force armour something like an impenetrable barrier that prevents all damage while at the same time does not allow us to interact with the environment or move (stunned, mezzed, snared) at all for 30-60 seconds.

I play a full balanced 31-7-3 spec. I would say (at least on my server, "Prop of Five") we are the last of the dps classes to be sought. I've witnessed in general chat, groups looking for dps and specifically exclude sages from even answering. No need for a sage who is too squishy and does moderate dps. When there is a better armor higher degree of dps class as an option.

As for what my opinion is, I truely love my sage. I'm a full time pvper. And I'm one of the stubborn ones who REFUSE to reroll. If I wanted to play another class I would have rolled that class Dec. 2011...in other words on launch day. I'm holding onto a class I have fun playing with the understanding that I'm frowned upon when I enter a rwz. And that's being honest! I'm holding on because I'm looking forward to the day that I log into my account and see a shiny new buff waiting for me to re-establish my class ;)

I am Jedi Seer - 32/7/2 for the most part (PvE and PvP- I respec often). This spec applies to all of my response.

1A. In PvE: A versatile healer that brings many tools to the table; a healer who's resource pool is longer than other healing classes'

1B. In PvP: Enemies seem to view me as a priority target; (pug) teammates seem to think I can heal myself while also healing them while I take incoming damage.

2A. In PvE: A versatile healer, particularly strong aoe heals. I perceive us as pretty balanced here; we lack a strong single target heal for emergencies (i.e. fast) but we make up for that in AoE heals; we pair well with other healing specs. I enjoy having a strength and relative weakness.

2B. In PvP: I perceive the seer spec as a "double health-dipper" in pvp; we wear the lighest armor in the game and must use our own HP to sustain our resource during drawn out fights. Some warzones this literally lasts an entire round/5-8 minutes. I do not perceive this to be fun in PvP. (In PvE, I find resource management a fun andchallenging component). I'd expect a "health-sapping" resource mechanic to be paired with a higher armor/survivability class/spec, not a lower armor class/spec.

One little tidbit (sorry I must add), I feel like Confound and Egress talents were great ideas but need the numbers altered. Ideas: Give egress a longer duration or a much higher speed buff; AND/OR give confound a much higher debuff to speed (reduce the duration to compensate). This would require less reworking of our overall tree.

SUGGESTIONS:

Whatever kind of WoW mechanic you are trying to imitate with the Sage - it is still a JEDI and that makes wielding LIGHTSABERS an iconic part of the class. The official class trailer knew this and deliberately showed the Sage using his saber.

Right now, double strike is not only useless, it is $(@!)$@ useless.

Give some kind've mechanic, such that every use of double-strike increases the damage of the next force attack by 25%, or a crit with any melee ability increases the crit chance with force abilities. Like what was done in the Shadow Balance tree, which does feel like a jedi. And make it so Willpower affects melee damage and crit chance for Sages.

I don't even care if double-strike use remains 'un-optimal'. I just don't want it to be f/cking useless and an insult, as it is now.

Edited by clearsighted

Seer Sage:

1. In my opinion, healing sages are considered the weakest of the three healers in pvp. Virtually every marauder/sentinel and vanguard/powertech trains me from he moment they see me until I die. I imagine that they think sage healers without a tank are a complete joke.

2. As with all the sage specs, we do not have a 'true' defensive cooldown, and most of our healing comes from interruptable, casted heals. We are virtually useless in pvp without a tank; however, we are very strong in pve. I think we are very underpowered in the lower levels of pvp; without tanks, peels, taunts, offheals, cc's, and interrupts.

Telekinetics Sage:

1. This spec is thought of as a glass cannon with very little in the way of defenses. People are aware that we do an enormous amount of damage if left alone; therefore, we are hunted down with vigor.

2. I think this spec is pretty fun to play in a pve environment, and does extremely competitive dps. In higher levels of pvp, this spec feels almost useless as you are most people's first choice in terms of who to kill (We have no defensive cooldowns or effective escape mechanics and we wear light armor). I feel like this spec is almost useless in pvp save for pug games.

Balance Sage:

1. This spec is thought to be very mobile and have extreme control, yet very little damage or burst. People view us as an annoyance at best and an easy kill.

2. I think that this spec is extremely fun to play in pvp due to its control and mobility, yet it doesn't have the burst or defenses necessary to excel in higher level pvp. In pve, this spec is extremely boring as it's just too simple of a rotation and requires little planning due to its mobility.

Thank You

Seer Spec.

How others perceive it: a very useful spec. Moderately high skill requirements to do 'alright' in, extremely high skill requirements to excel in. Tends to require extremely good awareness, prioritization and timing, more then anything else.

How I perceive it: Good for any type of PVE, if the sage is talented. If they aren't familiar with healing and/or don't know the spec inside and out, they'll run into force issues or people dying on them issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I play a DPS sage, or at least it's suppose to be a dps sage but we're not. I play a hybrid, Tele/Balanced.

The majority of people I have come across believe dps sages are useless because other classes can provide the same benefits as sages and put out better dps burst. We are looked upon as the 'easy kill' and are ALWAYS the first targeted in PvP because of this. Many people call us 'Support DPS class' (which is the newest term I've been reading on the forums) and healer class and utility class, but none of our tree's are utility tree's, they are either heal, or damage spec'ed.

In PvP I am to weak compared to all other classes. In a 1v1 I go down in less then 10 seconds unless I get a newb that doesn't know how to PvP and he lets me kite him around, in which case it then takes me 45 seconds to 1 minute to kill him. I have had two sages (me and one other sage), attack a marauder, a 2 on 1, the marauder won because he's doing 2.5k and upwards to 6k damage per hit while I'm only doing 500 to, if I'm lucky, 1.5k per hit. I do not have the Burst DPS necessary to compensate for my weak armor. On the backside of that coin, I have no defenses useful enough to compensate for my lack of burst DPS. This class is broken beyond belief, a glass cannon with no cannon.

It's longer then 3 sentences and I'm sorry but this class is so screwed up that you can't answer it in three sentences. I wish I could write you more but you probably won't read it, not even sure if you are reading it now.

Hi everyone,

We’re looking for some specific feedback about each Advanced Class and spec. Your feedback here, along with other feedback we’ve been gathering and our internal metrics, may guide future class balance changes. Similar threads will be found in every Advanced Class forum.

Here are the two questions that we’d like to ask (please only post about specific specs that you actively play, and don’t forget to tell us which one you’re talking about!):

Please answer the post using the same format and in no more than 2-3 sentences per question.

This is not a discussion thread, so please do not debate others’ feedback – everyone gets to share what they think. Any off-topic or unconstructive posts (or any that do not follow the above guidelines) will be removed without warning.

Remember, this isn’t the only thread we’re looking at for feedback – if you have more feedback than fits the above guidelines, please feel free to post a discussion thread. We’re looking to get some specific insights here, but we are always reading the forums to gather feedback and player concerns.

Thank you!

I'm sorry, I know this isn't a discussion thread but this is driving me crazy. Don't you people play your own game? Honestly, if you where to play your own game you would already know the answer's to those questions. If you read your PvP forums you'll know the answer to these questions just the same. There is a black and white difference in class balance that anyone who plays the game can see, which brings me back to my original question, do you guys play your own game?

1. I think that other's view my dps sage as a minor nuisance in PvP. The sage is easy to kill and poses no real threat. We are quick commendations for people.

2. I joined after 1.2 so I wanted to play the "mage" class purely because I like those types of classes in games. I'm dissapointed that the sage has such low dps for being so weak defensively. Please make it so we can actually burst damage with the tk tree and have that damage actually pack a punch.

A. I am a free meal unable to protect myself (enemy perception).

B. I am marginally better at healing but infinately more difficult to keep up in PvP (Republic perception)

C. I am excellent in PvE. . . as a healer only.

A. I am not sure I make enough of a difference because despite my talents, I die and run too much in PvP.

B. Missing a bit of fun factor or defining skill. AE heal just not making me feel unique.

C. Not sure what I am best at. Thought squishy healer would be hands down best healer or best ccer.