JAWA companions PLEASE

OK these jawa telegrams in the cartel market are very cute to my wife as ive given her a few but these jawas have a lore about them from the movies and the devs got to incorporate them into the game as companions,,lets get a protest going for jawa little buddy companions,what do you say?

If there was a Jawa pet a bounty hunter could have 3 jawas out at once - jawa companion, jawa pet and party jawa.

I think a mini jawa pet would be too cool, but there would be tons of them on fleet as who can resist a cute little jawa?

Wow... really?

"So play Bounty Hunter!" was your best response? You have got to be kidding me...

Well considering the ONLY Jawa Companion is that of Blizz who is the Companion of the Bounty Hunter and there are no other Jawa Companions in the Game, yeah, Play the Bounty Hunter is the ONLY response.

By Companion, I refer to those that can speak & fight alongside of you & has his/her own spot on your Ship. What more did you expect or even want in terms of an Answer?

"Oh, there is Jawa Companion coming the down the line for everyone" - Except only BW would know that and they haven't given any clue as to if we would even be getting a new Companion any time soon [ie before Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion].

You might not like the answer or the way it was said, but when the question basically asks "How can I have a Jawa as a Companion?" then the only answer at the moment is "Play the Bounty Hunter Class"

Edited by Altyrell

Wow... really?

"So play Bounty Hunter!" was your best response? You have got to be kidding me...

At the risk of going all star wars-lore nerd here..

Jawas are scavengers on Tatooine. They are a shady bunch that steals droids. I doubt they'd have any real interest in this war between the empire and republic. Why would they want to accompany anyone? They aren't pets.

At the risk of going all star wars-lore nerd here..

Jawas are scavengers on Tatooine. They are a shady bunch that steals droids. I doubt they'd have any real interest in this war between the empire and republic. Why would they want to accompany anyone? They aren't pets.

On the other hand... if you hand one a rocket launcher.... you know he's going to pull the trigger. :D

He won't sell it until it's empty and worthless either. :p

Perfect companion for a Bounty Hunter IMO. Jedi have no business associating with Jawa at all, much less as a companion to play along side.

I suspect that a Jawa compaion might sell well on the Cartel market. Kinda like HK, purchase him with a mini quest to get him and once you have him allow an unlock on all other characters. Maybe make him a healer compaion (one thing I hated on my BH was getting a Jawa compaion and having to dump him on the ship because a BH Tank dont really need a tank compaion) and by having the new compaion be a Jawa it would save on voice overs.

On the other hand... if you hand one a rocket launcher.... you know he's going to pull the trigger. :D.

In his defense, how Blizz arrived off-planet in Hoth, and how he even got his namesake, are far-fetched tales that are incredibly rare and a mixture of dumb-luck and being at the wrong place at the right time.

Kind of like Hoar the Tusken Raider, whom by sheer dumb-luck, became a master of the Jedi Art of Teras Kasi.

I suspect that a Jawa compaion might sell well on the Cartel market. Kinda like HK, purchase him with a mini quest to get him and once you have him allow an unlock on all other characters. Maybe make him a healer compaion (one thing I hated on my BH was getting a Jawa compaion and having to dump him on the ship because a BH Tank dont really need a tank compaion) and by having the new compaion be a Jawa it would save on voice overs.

I would buy one if he was on the Cartel list.I have had a BH and Blitz was the best companion in my opinion.He was so cool he made Fonzie look like a nerd.

I kinda like that there are certain companions that are sort of exclusive to a certain class. Jawa is an iconic SW race, it's great to see it in the game, and it's great that it's not super common. It's another incentive to play a different class and try it out.

For example, I really like the Wookie race, ever since I was a kid. One of the reasons I really wanted to play a smuggler was to get a wookie companion. It was a neat feature of playing a smuggler. :)

I kinda like that there are certain companions that are sort of exclusive to a certain class. Jawa is an iconic SW race, it's great to see it in the game, and it's great that it's not super common. It's another incentive to play a different class and try it out.

For example, I really like the Wookie race, ever since I was a kid. One of the reasons I really wanted to play a smuggler was to get a wookie companion. It was a neat feature of playing a smuggler. :)

That's actually one of the reasons I dislike playing the Smuggler and the Knight.

It's just TOO "iconic". Let's break out of the mold a bit and try different pairings than Han + Chewie and Luke + R2.

From a Sith perspective, I'd like to state that Jawas are rats with hoods, they make funny noises when you cut them in two with your lightsaber, and cauterized Jawa flesh leaves a bacon-y smell in the air. Beyond this very apetizing odor I don't see any use for their existence.

:jawa_biggrin: + :csw_redsaber: = :jawa_angel:

That's actually one of the reasons I dislike playing the Smuggler and the Knight.

It's just TOO "iconic". Let's break out of the mold a bit and try different pairings than Han + Chewie and Luke + R2.

I don't see why that should deter anyone from playing those classes. You only have to use the "iconic" companions for specific missions.

Personally, I'd like to see more "normal" companions, not weirder ones. "Normal" as in typical members of that faction and preferably human. I don't play certain classes because their companions are just too strange. Blizz is the single biggest reason I don't play a Bounty Hunter.

I don't know why some people are determined to turn this game into a freak show. I love the fact that the humour in this game is the kind of humour that adds to, not detracts from the setting. Things like the smuggler making wisecracks are lovely to see and make me enjoy the game more. What I can't stand is the kind of humour that is aimed at parodying the setting. I have left MMOs in the past because it all got too silly and juvenile.

When it comes down to it, I want to play a Star Wars game, not a Star Wars parody. Everytime I see BW adding party jawas and jawagrams I come one step closer to quitting.

Personally, I'd like to see more "normal" companions, not weirder ones. "Normal" as in typical members of that faction and preferably human. I don't play certain classes because their companions are just too strange. Blizz is the single biggest reason I don't play a Bounty Hunter.

I don't know why some people are determined to turn this game into a freak show. I love the fact that the humour in this game is the kind of humour that adds to, not detracts from the setting. Things like the smuggler making wisecracks are lovely to see and make me enjoy the game more. What I can't stand is the kind of humour that is aimed at parodying the setting. I have left MMOs in the past because it all got too silly and juvenile.

When it comes down to it, I want to play a Star Wars game, not a Star Wars parody. Everytime I see BW adding party jawas and jawagrams I come one step closer to quitting.

You mean companions like Malavai Quinn, Lt. Felix Iresso, and Tharan Cedrax? I can't stand them. Malavai is a slimy :rak_01:, Felix' voice acting is terrible, and Tharan sounds like a snotty pubescent kid. On the other hand, companions like Mako and Andronikus are pretty good. Personally I'd prefer more companions like Kaliyo or Nadia though. Human-looking but different enough to be interesting. Jawa pets are fine, one jawa companion is enough though.

edit: Hmm, actually more alien-looking companions might be better. The Gand companion for the trooper is pretty cool. There's also this bat/mouse-like race that speaks in a whistling language (appears in the movies and KOTOR II, can't remember the species) that's jawa-like. It could make a decent alternative to a Jawa.

Edited by Blackholeskipper