Bug, Working as Intended, or I am just too dumb to figure it out?

Truush

I recently started leveling a healer (commando) and have been having a blast.

My problem comes with targeting group members.

I would like to use f1-f4 to do so for speed purposes, however I can never get them to work properly.

I realize that f1 is for self targeting, and f2-f5 are for group member 1-4. But the order never matches what is in my raid frame. Yes, I use the operation frames as this allows me to not need a magnifying glass to quickly see a groupmate's health bar. I have tried re-mapping the keys but can not get it to consistently work.

Is there anyway to have hotkey targeting work consistently for groups in raidframes?

Is this a bug? Working properly (and stupidly)? or is it me that is just missing something?

Do I have to use the terrible group windows to use hotkeys? Am I stuck mousing forever with Raidframes? Please tell me it isnt so.

I'm not entirely sure, as I don't use it much, but I thought it was like the following:

F2 - 1st party member = you

F3 - 2nd party member = 4th slot (usually tank position, so quick tank support)

F4 - 3rd party member = 2nd slot (a dps)

F5 - 4th party member = 3rd slot (a dps)

Not in a party right now, so can't check out to confirm it either. But see what it does for you. If I recall right it wasn't random however, there was something to it.

As far as I know, working as intended.

This has been brought up a few times in the Suggestions area, including a thread started by me. As it stands, you can only keybind the four Group members. When it comes to Ops members, throw it out, the F-keys are assigned, but it doesn't coincide. So essentially, It becomes a clicking nameplate game to heal/target group members.

Like you, I've always used the F keys to target group members when healing. It's something you'll have to re-learn while running Ops, if you haven't already.

Good Luck

As far as I know, working as intended.

This has been brought up a few times in the Suggestions area, including a thread started by me. As it stands, you can only keybind the four Group members. When it comes to Ops members, throw it out, the F-keys are assigned, but it doesn't coincide. So essentially, It becomes a clicking nameplate game to heal/target group members.

Like you, I've always used the F keys to target group members when healing. It's something you'll have to re-learn while running Ops, if you haven't already.

Good Luck

I brought this up 2 years ago in Beta.

You CAN change the size of the op frames and health bars. What I ended up doing was making them bigger, set my heals to use the keyboard and use the mouse to target players. Its the only way BW will let us TRY to do our jobs....

There is no easy way to target another players companion however...

Edited by Meaneye