Nightmare Loot Bugged?

We got nightmare loot off droid. Hardmode loot off gharj. Two patterns off pylons and that was it. No other loot except commendations.

I was aware of the hardmode loot bug from our previous kills, but never opened a chest and seen nothing but two patterns. It was on master loot as well.

We ended up switching to hard mode for 4th boss so we could at least get usable items. That worked out fine as intended loot dropped.

This was all 16 man fwiw...

We've run into some oddball loot as well. We did some nightmare modes for the sake of progression and just seeing if we could, but I think we'll just be running those on Hard now where we actually get the crafting material drop and what-not. Nightmare didn't seem to give us anything particularly awesome that doesn't already drop in Hard.

We've run into some oddball loot as well. We did some nightmare modes for the sake of progression and just seeing if we could, but I think we'll just be running those on Hard now where we actually get the crafting material drop and what-not. Nightmare didn't seem to give us anything particularly awesome that doesn't already drop in Hard.

Nightmare is supposed to drop only Rakata, where hard is supposed to drop columi/rakata. But at this point go nightmare for the first kill, and then do hards for loot.

Ancient Pylons only dropped a Biochem schematic for us on Nightmare 8-man last week. No other loot. Other 8-man guild group then did the encounter on Hard and got several Columi/Rakata gear tokens as usual. Definitely buggy.

That reminds me, on our Nightmare runs this week we got some biochem schematics for some Exotech something or other that our 400 Biochem person can't actually learn. Says they have insufficient skill or some such. I think one may have dropped in our normal run too.

Edited by Ascendant

• 3 weeks later...
Nightmare is supposed to drop only Rakata, where hard is supposed to drop columi/rakata. But at this point go nightmare for the first kill, and then do hards for loot.

This is absolutely not true and stop spreading wrong information. Nightmare drops the same stuff as Hard Mode, you just have better chances of getting more Rakatta gear. It's not bugged that you got Hard Mode loot on Nightmare mode, you were just unlucky.

PS For those of you having loot problems, are you guys still using masterloot? Has the no loot problem come up with masterloot turned off?