Ship escape pods?

StormKrieg

im scared to use mine incase i get jettisoned and my ship explodes and i lose it and am left drifting through space with an angry companion.

They don't do anything, it just says you can't use it at that time

And pets disobey the laws of physics on a regular basis anyway, so I doubt they'd care regardless

• 2 weeks later...
You can take party members onto your ship.

This is to prevent you holding them hostage in space forever.

They use the escape pods to get out :)

Brilliant logic win. I didn't even think of this - but it makes perfect sense!

I think you're probably right. :D

Thanks!

it used to be a faster way to get to whatever planet you were at. instead of going to the orbiting space station then taking a shuttle down, like on Hoth. They took it out but left the door for some reason.

Why oh why would they take such an awesome feature out? What design reason could it possibly be?

"Oh hey guys that escape pod thing is a bit too easy on players. Instead lets make players run through the orbital station 200 times, it will never get old!"

Why oh why would they take such an awesome feature out? What design reason could it possibly be?

"Oh hey guys that escape pod thing is a bit too easy on players. Instead lets make players run through the orbital station 200 times, it will never get old!"

You'd be surprised how many cool features EAware removed during beta. I think they removed more than they added, as statistically impossible as that may sound.

• 1 month later...
Probably just more unfinished content

Unfinished content, or adding a component to the ship that can be used at some future date? It's room for expansion, not necessarily an Expansion Pack, but for the developers to take advantage of it as they wish.

• 2 months later...
I haven't had the guts to use them yet. Rumour has it your ship will explode and you'll be stuck on the nearest planet or orbital station.
They seem not to do anything whenever I tried them it said "This is unavailable at this time".

• 2 weeks later...
They're currently useable if you're in someone else's ship and they're doing space combat -- It's the only way to get off their ship while they're doing so.

How do you get on another's ship. i haven't figured that out yet.

There is a point to them. If your friend who owns the ship starts a space battle while you're on their ship you can use the escape pod to exit the ship; since the ship won't be docked on a space station.

also

Quote: Originally Posted by adogwood

They're currently useable if you're in someone else's ship and they're doing space combat -- It's the only way to get off their ship while they're doing so.

Be in a group with the other person and follow them into the hangar then get onto the ship before they do.

Edited by Brimmer

If you're grouped with them, follow them into their hanger instance and board their ship. That's how I help my wife with some of the class quests that she can't solo, but require the ship of someone on the quest to get there. It sometimes bugs though and drops you back in fleet. On one occasion, my wife and I had to drop group and try again 3 times before it worked. Most of the time it works fine on first attempt though.