Best item to get MK-9 components?

Beltane

Pre-2.0, for the MK-6 augment kits, I used to RE Dark Synth Belts to get the MK-6 components, because the belts only took 2 of each material. In 2.0, the only items I can craft that drop MK-9 components when REed take 6, 8, 10 of each material...

Am I just overlooking something obvious or am I really going to have to spend about 120k in resources per MK-9 augment kit...?

Edited by Beltane

Pre-2.0, for the MK-6 augment kits, I used to RE Dark Synth Belts to get the MK-6 components, because the belts only took 2 of each material. In 2.0, the only items I can craft that drop MK-9 components when REed take 6, 8, 10 of each material...

Am I just overlooking something obvious or am I really going to have to spend about 120k in resources per MK-9 augment kit...?

You are not mistaken. The best profession to make per MK-9 augment kit is artifice, which will cost half of anything else. The other professions need to be brought down to the artifice level.

You are not mistaken. The best profession to make per MK-9 augment kit is artifice, which will cost half of anything else. The other professions need to be brought down to the artifice level.

BioChem can get them for similar cost as Artifice as well with implants.

BioChem can get them for similar cost as Artifice as well with implants.

Yep. Also, Bio can farm mobs and nodes on Makeb but Artifice can only gather from nodes.

I would say that Bio is king of MK-9 Augment Components at present.

I too was shocked at the cost of the MK-9 components, roughly 90 crystals and 90 fragments for 10 components. I'm wondering if the material cost is bugged. Doesn't make sense for a belt to take as much as a chestpiece to craft. For now, like others have said I'm using biochem or artifice

This is what I've been doing. Using my Artifice toon to craft items for MK-9 component farming.

• 1 month later...

I did the math - it costs something like 490k to get enough mats to make 10 mk-9 augments kits.

Given that 10 kits sell for 800k on ToFN (My server), this is just anther nail in Synthweaving's coffin.

And whose idea was it to make thermal regs only avialable from slicing, when Synths reccomended gathering skills are archeology and Underworl Trading?

Broken, broken, broken.

I did the math - it costs something like 490k to get enough mats to make 10 mk-9 augments kits.

Given that 10 kits sell for 800k on ToFN (My server), this is just anther nail in Synthweaving's coffin.

And whose idea was it to make thermal regs only avialable from slicing, when Synths reccomended gathering skills are archeology and Underworl Trading?

Broken, broken, broken.

Well, when the game dropped, Augment crafting didn't even exist. They were added on to Synthweaving, Armormech, and Armstech later down the road. Archaeology and Underworld Trading are still the recommended skills for Synthweaving because everything they make requires Archaeology components; Blue and Artifact require UT mats. Except for Augments, which are a fraction of their available schematic pool.

I'm not sure why the grouchiness against those skills. It just means needing an alt who Slices or *gasp* interacting with the rest of the economy to acquire that tiny subset of mats.

• 2 weeks later...

The obvious thing to do to help Sythweavers, Armormechs and possibly Armstechs is the one thing BW will never ever ever do - give us the ability to craft and sell custom designed orange modifyable shells (and RE static items within our craft's purview to learn an empty orange version of that look). While this makes a lot of sense in terms of revitalizing those crafts by tapping into players' desires to customize their characters' appearance, it would have too much impact on the current way to customize - via the Cartel Market.

Oh and isn't it odd that the two crafts that make armor aren't the crafts that make armoring mods? ...just saying.

Edited by Lanja

Cybertech too is a good way. If you RE level 54 headsets it will cost only two Mythra, four Turadium, and two Tricopper Flux.

This all the way.

I actually managed to craft a full stack of 99 augment kits by RE'ing earpieces on my Cybertech, then mailing the components over to my Synthweaver.

Cybertech too is a good way. If you RE level 54 headsets it will cost only two Mythra, four Turadium, and two Tricopper Flux.

Meh and a half.

I just checked (Harbinger)

2 Mythra + 4 Turds sell for 9,300 credits on the gtn. So not counting the cost of the tri-copper and mats needed to craft the kit from the components, you are looking at 93,000. The mk-9 kits are listed at 75,900. Now if I factor in crits and RE returns and deduct failed missions (so many failed missions post 2.0), I am not making anything much if at all by crafting the kits. I think that I do better selling the mats and buying the kits (at times a loony toon lists them real low when the undercutting madness hits).

My contention then is that there is no best item to get MK-9 components.

Edited by asbalana

Meh and a half.

I just checked (Harbinger)

2 Mythra + 4 Turds sell for 9,300 credits on the gtn. So not counting the cost of the tri-copper and mats needed to craft the kit from the components, you are looking at 93,000. The mk-9 kits are listed at 75,900. Now if I factor in crits and RE returns and deduct failed missions (so many failed missions post 2.0), I am not making anything much if at all by crafting the kits. I think that I do better selling the mats and buying the kits (at times a loony toon lists them real low when the undercutting madness hits).

My contention then is that there is no best item to get MK-9 components.

Wow. I'm starting to get the frustrations you have with crafting on The Harbinger.

I wonder if prices on your server are typical and Begeren Colony is an outlier, or if Harbinger is just wonky for some reason. When I sold my stack of 99 MK-9s a week or so ago, the prices per kit were about 120k on my server.

In fact, a couple of days ago, the MK-9 kit market had dried up, and the few that were remaining were selling for close to 140k each. I happened to have a stack of 15 in my bag so I listed them for 2 million and they sold in about an hour.

Wow. I'm starting to get the frustrations you have with crafting on The Harbinger.

I wonder if prices on your server are typical and Begeren Colony is an outlier, or if Harbinger is just wonky for some reason. When I sold my stack of 99 MK-9s a week or so ago, the prices per kit were about 120k on my server.

In fact, a couple of days ago, the MK-9 kit market had dried up, and the few that were remaining were selling for close to 140k each. I happened to have a stack of 15 in my bag so I listed them for 2 million and they sold in about an hour.

LOL, sorry if I am misrembering. I am sipping my morning coffee and on my laptop so can't verify but I believe that both servers are West Coast PVEs and both seem to have a large pop of players.

I checked out much of what you posted in the past (I have a few low level characters on Begeren started before the server mergers and then left to sit) and found that everything was accurate and true. The difference in pricing and volume of items and mats between the two servers surprised me greatly. It seems that our differences in opinion in the past has been a reflection of the difference in the two servers. There is obviously a reason why the differences exist, but for the life of me I can't even come up with an intuitive hypothisis.

For those who feel it necessary to say that you can earn a lot of credits on the Harbinger, I would agree. I started crafting again and have had no problem (without pushing it) go at a 4M a week rate by crafting level 28 and other stuff. I started a spreadsheet as well and have been amazed on how pricing yoyo's all over the place over short periods of time and how supply jumps and declines rapidly. I think that the economy is not healthy overall on Harbinger and sales on the gtn are not vigorous.

It will be interesting to see where the economy goes. The amount of credits entering the economy has not increased (actually the dailies on Makeb give less credits than those on Ilum) and yet missions have gone up more than 50% for top level mats and crafting costs for items (mats required) have increased. The number of mats introduced in going from level 6 to leve 9 is two for most gathering skills and the number of worthwhile items is pretty much limited to level 28 stuff. You have the same number of crafters chasing much fewer items. That is also not healthy. You also have PCs making lower level blues and mats wotth much less (yes I am still selling mods and armoring at lower levels but not like before 2.0). In the end, I am not surprised that the economy on Harbinger is tanking and think that it will get worse, i am surprised that the economy on Begeren Colony has not. If I was on your server, I would be cranking out stuff at a break neck rate and rushing toward my second 100M.

PS - I am not sure if I am remembering correctly, but the last few times over the last week that I checked MK-9 kits on Harbinger there were about seventeen pages and undercutting was going on like crazy. That is a far cry from drying up.

There was one item that I was looking at that was going for 81K and had been for a while. So I bought some of the purples (even though I had a few stacks of 99 in my cargo hold) needed to craft them as an experiment. I crafted two of the items and when I went to list them, I found that the price had dropped to 54K and that there was two pages of the item listed between 54K and 60K with some rabid undercutting by a number of crafters going on. To me that is crazy and not reflective of a healthy economy. It is hard to get into a crafting routne in that enviornment. The items are now sitting in my cargo hold and if the pricing does not come back, will end up on one of my companions.

Edited by asbalana

Well because someone else sh it in your cereal this morning, doesn't mean you need to sh it in others.

When I create 10 Kits, I usually crit at least 2 of them. So in retrospect the market is targeted at 12 MK-9 Kits to 10 MK-9 Components. And when i do the math it equals to about 876,000 credits for the kits and about 875, 000 credits for the components. You could throw in about 8,000 credits for the extra components to make the kits too. Overall, I feel it is a wash.

But the OPs point wasn't this. The point was asking if their are any cheaper ways to get components than Synth. Because Synth and Armor were the cheapest ways to get MK-6 components by REing Belts and Bracers. So yes Cybertech and Bio are better ways for components than Synth and Armor now.

I am actually potty trained, so you can eat breakfast with confidence although I would suggest staying away from hostility inducing drugs.

Well rng my chimes, I need crits to break even in your opinion. Are you a good rng or are are you a bad rng? Kits are currently 78,700 so if you would take time out from insulting me and redo the math, I think that still adds up to a loss even if you are a rng a ding kind of crafter.

By the way, "Time is money, friend". When you have the mats, you have the mats. When you create kits, you have to send you companions out to craft them. That is a lost opportunity cost and they could be generating revenue instead of crafting kits.

I will agree that Cybertech and Bio are better in that they provide less of a loss than Synth.

Edited by asbalana

Hi again.

I just checked and Begeren Colony has seven pages of mk-9 kits listed starting at 110,000 each with (after just one crafter posting a page of them at that price) they jump to 116,000 a little way down page two.

On Harbinger, there is currently twenty one pages of mk-9 kits listed. They start at 78,700. You have to go to page five before you get to 80,000 per kit.

That is a glaring difference between the two servers. I checked other items and this effect seems to be the rule and not an anomaly with respect to just kits. It is not clear to me why or how such a difference can exist.

Edit - I just checked and Begeren Colony is a RP server while Harbinger is a PVE server (I misremembered). Could this explain the vast difference. If so, the next game that I play will be on a RP server if I want to craft.

Edited by asbalana