Added value for different crew skills crits

BambulaGTS

One day i I was thinkng about 2 different crit outcomes for armors/weps/something and mods.

Some time ago crit crafting armor/wep was only way to have augment slot for item thus crit crafting such item u add a great value to it just for being lucky, cause item potential price were higher.

Items that could not have mods were just doubled, it was great too, added value from thin air.

But suddenly all mods become extractable and augment kits were introduced, thus limiting added value for crit crafted items with augment slot to basicly value of corresponding MK kit, in case of MK-6 like 30-50 k.

But items that duplicate on crit craft, especially mods started to produce a lot of added value from nothing, top ones (27) like 1 kk +.

Then I though there was something wrong there.

What you think? It it just eternal circle of nerfing buffing profs and wheel turned to cybertech (was cried about being UP and useless immensly here)?

Or there is some idea behind this order of things?

Edited by BambulaGTS

Something that you are not taking into account is that it is the armor crafting skills that make the augmentation kits. Yes cybertech and artifice can acquire the "special" kit materials but only the armor and weapon crafting skills can make the augmentation kits. Furthermore, it is Armormech, Synthweaving, and Armstech that can make the augments to go into those slots.

I think the biggest wrench in the works right now is the cartel shop and the fact that every piece of equipment that comes out of there is adaptive and moddable, so cybertech is getting a lot of attention.

I think a good solution would be to allow players to buy schematics off the cartel shop to craft the items available there. This would give players an alternative method of acquisition.

Something that you are not taking into account is that it is the armor crafting skills that make the augmentation kits. Yes cybertech and artifice can acquire the "special" kit materials but only the armor and weapon crafting skills can make the augmentation kits. Furthermore, it is Armormech, Synthweaving, and Armstech that can make the augments to go into those slots.

I think the biggest wrench in the works right now is the cartel shop and the fact that every piece of equipment that comes out of there is adaptive and moddable, so cybertech is getting a lot of attention.

I think a good solution would be to allow players to buy schematics off the cartel shop to craft the items available there. This would give players an alternative method of acquisition.

schematics wont happen unless the item is no longer being sold or you have to buy a mat from the cartel to make it. they are not stupid enough to loose monies made from the cartel shop with crafter makeable items.