Soooooo no new ops before 2.9

Don't much care about new ops when we are still waiting for NM modes of the current Ops.

OMG GOD more grinding of the same old Sh*t,

Dont mind, NiM but it would be nice for NEW CONTENT a thing this game lacks!

2.5 new ingame mini event

2.6 the same new ingame mini event

2.7 nim and new low lbl fps

2.8 nim again

I don't think you can conclude that out of this article.

They just write that they will release new operations during 2014. For 2.8 there's just standing: nim dp and new ships.

If 2.8 shall be the biggest game update so far (remember 2.4 had 2 operations and more) it may entirely possible that they also release new operations in 2.8.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

I don't think you can conclude that out of this article.

They just write that they will release new operations during 2014. For 2.8 there's just standing: nim dp and new ships.

If 2.8 shall be the biggest game update so far (remember 2.4 had 2 operations and more) it may entirely possible that they also release new operations in 2.8.

I'm doubting that myself. They'd probably want to wait because if they added a new operation they'd add a new tier of gear. Could you imagine the rage if a new operation came out and gave the same tier of gear as the NiM mode that came in the same patch?

Edited by mastirkal

OMG GOD more grinding of the same old Sh*t,

Dont mind, NiM but it would be nice for NEW CONTENT a thing this game lacks!

2.5 new ingame mini event

2.6 the same new ingame mini event

2.7 nim and new low lbl fps

2.8 nim again

I guess it just depends on what you want out of the games raid content. Farming HM is a relaxing fun pastime, but NM is the only real challenge the game provides. If they launched new ops without releasing NM modes of the current content, that would likely be the end of the road with me. The entire point of the game for me is to tackle the toughest content with a group that can clear it.

Edited by izmirtheastarach

i dont think so if they wont give it before 2.8 i think they would wait until 3.0

I guess it just depends on what you want out of the games raid content. Farming HM is a relaxing fun pastime, but NM is the only real challenge the game provides. If they launched new ops without releasing NM modes of the current content, that would likely be the end of the road with me. The entire point of the game for me is to tackle the toughest content with a group that can clear it.

i understand that but in the way of new content yiu cannot release nim and say its NEW content

i understand that but in the way of new content yiu cannot release nim and say its NEW content

It may not be new content, but it's the only content I care about. Like I said, that may not be the case with you. Which is totally fine. We all want different things out of the game.

Edited by izmirtheastarach

I'm doubting that myself. They'd probably want to wait because if they added a new operation they'd add a new tier of gear. Could you imagine the rage if a new operation came out and gave the same tier of gear as the NiM mode that came in the same patch?

they said in 2.7 they would release a new tier of gear.

2.7 is NiM DF with a new tier of gear, maybe with a new type of comms and comms gear. They're not twasing anything about 2.8 except for GSF and NiM DP, but they are adding a new story in 2.7, so 2.8 might have a brand new Op, too.

Fingers crossed for you hardcore raiders.

they said in 2.7 they would release a new tier of gear.

I'm well aware. They wouldn't add a new tier for 2.8. If they added a new raid on top of 2.8 it would have to have either a new tier of gear, give the same gear as nightmare, or only give lower tier pieces. All three of those solutions are not optimal and would induce some form of rage.

2.7 is NiM DF with a new tier of gear, maybe with a new type of comms and comms gear. They're not twasing anything about 2.8 except for GSF and NiM DP, but they are adding a new story in 2.7, so 2.8 might have a brand new Op, too.

refer to above.

They might do the same as TFB and SV NIM with the gear no comms and all from ops

I'd be much happier about this if NiM DF and DP came out at the same time. Waiting until June to release DP is just artificially stretching the cycle (compounded with releasing a new difficulty and passing it off as new content). In WoW, there were 182 days between Heroic ToT and the release of Siege of Orgrimmar, an entirely new raid zone. We're going to go 190 days (granted there were the holidays) before we get half a tier's worth of raiding, in an old zone with old assets, and then wait two months until we get the other half.

That isn't cool at all, and nobody in DNT is happy about it.

The big issue with new content is that Starfighter has sucked up just about every aspect of it.

We no longer get things for ground game, and instead get bombers, gunships, and game modes for starfighter.

The problem with that is GSF bores the crap out of me, and I've heard the same from many others, some haven't even tried it. I enjoyed it for a week then went back to ground game, I get more enjoyment running the same ops I've ran over and over on alts than flying around in circles trying to aim my mouse cursor on some little reticle.

Unless they have a hidden agenda all I'm seeing is for the next few major updates to be MORE GSF, and I mean honestly I'm not surprised, they can charge people all sorts of Cartel Coins for stuff with it.

Even the new FP we're getting is tied to launching GSF, sure we got things like the Rakghoul event, but what else has come other than that?

6-8 months to release a op that is already made and just needs some tweaks here and there with different loot is absurd. Not to mention the casual raiders who don't even run NiM. They get to wait 8-12 months for new Ops.

Edited by TrillOG-

I'm well aware. They wouldn't add a new tier for 2.8. If they added a new raid on top of 2.8 it would have to have either a new tier of gear, give the same gear as nightmare, or only give lower tier pieces. All three of those solutions are not optimal and would induce some form of rage.

This x100. I'll eat one of my shoes if a new operation is released at the same time as NiM DP.

The content cycle has felt downright glacial in SWTOR for a good stretch now. They have yet to grasp a fundamental rule that is that elder game content and plenty of it is what keeps games thriving long term.

Swtor is a revenue success for EA atm that much is true. Go take a look at where the lion's share of the revenue is coming from now and more specifically from what part of the playerbase. Then ask yourself whether subscribers and/or raiders fit into that economic priority list.

NIM DF NIM DP should have been launched the day that the SM and HM versions were launched not at some as yet undetermined time months and months after the fact.

Everytime this happens from content cycle to content cycle more of the raider base (and pvp base) goes away. You know the people who want to test the new ops on the pts and see how they work help with feedback etc etc. The community dwindles but the ftp base skyrockets. And all you are left with eventually is a server filled with General Chat that makes your IQ go down just looking at it.

So let's speculate on when we might actually see a new operation....

I'm actually growing more pessimistic that we will even see a new op in 2.9. They are hyping 2.8 as their "biggest update up to this point", without a new operation, so it seems likely their August patch would be a minor one.

Plus if we get a Makeb-like expansion this year, do we assume that will raise the level cap again? If so, it will really need to be released with either a new operation, or the current operations re-tuned to the new max level, or both.

So my guess is the October release will be 3.0 with a level cap increase and two new operations.

I like the challenge of NIM ops but i don't like being stuck doing the same ops for so long, just like before by the time nim DF and DP come out im so burnt out on them i don't want to see them again.

Didn't they learn from TFB and S&V? NIM modes are wasted when their is such a huge gap between hm and NIM and a small gap between NIM and the new ops.

Should we stop speculating and wait for some actual patch notes before making assumptions?

I know, its common sense and that can be extremely hard to utilize on an internet forum.

Actually, we are using common sense. Common sense tells us that it will not be viable to release a new SM/HM operation at the same time as DP NiM, because of the gearing issue. We assume only that Bioware realizes the problems this would cause, and will not go down that horrible road.