Armour Dyes Colour Suggestions.

Considering it looks like the Armour Dye system won't change to something with a bit more choice/versatility any time soon. I thought it wise to start a thread to at least compile a list of colour combinations that the player-base in general actually want to see.

For the sake of a big wall of text we'll imply that each colour has a light / medium / deep / dark variation. I'll also start with the most obvious...

Black + Red

+ Blue

+ Green

+ Yellow

+ Orange

+ Purple (the 2/3 missing variations)

+ Gold

+ Silver

+ Pink (personally I hate to add this one but for the sake of completeness)

White + (all of the above not already available)

Gold + Silver

Silver + a sort of gun-metal grey.

Anything else?

Give us the ability to mix and match colors as we please. It isn't too much to ask.

All they have to do is provide all the colors as primary and secondary and let us load the colors into a dye module as we please.

I'm in total agreement tbh, the current dye system is silly beyond all sense and reason other than as a money making exercise. The idea behind the thread is that if they don't listen to the up-roar they've created with the system, then we can at least suggest viable colour combinations in the hopes that they'll at least make it through instead of something trully awful like pale olive green and pink.

I'm in total agreement tbh, the current dye system is a money making exercise.

I fixed it for you.

Make no mistake, this system was analyzed and analyzed and metric'ed and analyzed again to extract MAXIMUM profit out of the playerbase while the company can hide behind the "it's optional, so it doesn't matter" shield.

I wanna be able to dye the armor sets that you can get in the cartel market....ya its cool to have the original color but what if half your guild gets the same armor? you have no way to diverse yourself....for an example ive seen tons of people with the revan armor set...im getting it soon cuz i liked revans armor alot and ive been with the white on red color scheme since the dye system came out....so i was hopeing it had a dye slot wich it does not :( so getting cartel market armor dye slots would be awesome

If they want to make money at this, there is a BETTER system....2 or 3 dye slots per armour piece that can only load a PRIMARY - SECONDARY - TRIM.

That or give the players that can create DYES the ability to mix the colors themselves through a system similar to the Matrix Cube(which in itself is another matter of controversy). Where the Dye makers would have to purchase a special dye maker or purchase from another player that has the ability to make the DYE Converter (cybertech??). A great way to boost the GTN economy some more.

Just a thought

I would like to see.....yes a lot of green

1 dark green/dark green need to craft scimc it on balmorra vendor 110k (Taris empire)

2 dark brown/dark green vendor balmorrra 10k (Taris imps)

3 blackornevy blue/dark green vendor balmorra 10k (Taris imp)

4 dark purple/dark green Cartel dye packs

5 dark green/dark pink (strong or "sexy pink" or rediish pink) cartel dye packs

6 dark gray/light pink cartel dye packs

7 light yellow/light blue or sky/egg shellcartel dye packs

8 pink/light blue hoth vendor 10k

9 dark orangelight pink hoth craftabe 110k

10 dark gray/dark orange hoth vendor 10k

not that to unlock 1,2,3,8,9 and 10 you need to do 3 h4 on that planet with convertion start to finsh as well as you need to be level 55 when you are 55 doing it at 43 dont count. the reason for this condistion is that its getting harder to find groups on hoth and balmorra/taris.

• 1 month later...

Black and Dark Green

Black and Neon Green

Yes, let's get some neon colors in the mix.

All dyes should be trainable for crafting, and not bind on pick up after crafting. PERIOD!!! I will NEVER get a Black/Black with how things are now. :( Bioware utterly ruined dye's for me doing this to Black/Black. I always had black dye in my other MMO's and never had to pay ridiculous prices for it. It is utterly infuriating.I pay 15 bucks a month and can't get a little dye pack because it's 2+ mill on the GTN when it should be learn-able to craft. NOTHING in this game is worth paying 2 mil...NOTHING.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Black and Dark Green

Black and Neon Green

Yes, let's get some neon colors in the mix.

All dyes should be trainable for crafting, and not bind on pick up after crafting. PERIOD!!! I will NEVER get a Black/Black with how things are now. :( Bioware utterly ruined dye's for me doing this to Black/Black. I always had black dye in my other MMO's and never had to pay ridiculous prices for it. It is utterly infuriating.I pay 15 bucks a month and can't get a little dye pack because it's 2+ mill on the GTN when it should be learn-able to craft. NOTHING in this game is worth paying 2 mil...NOTHING.

Agreed. They know the playerbase (and thusly the subs) wanted Black/Black, and they put it behind a RNG Pack and then made one of the most sought after and basic of color combinations...SUPER RARE!

Hopefully Final Fantasy and WildStar don't fall into this terrible mind set.

In going as the first word primary and second word secondary.

Black and Medium Red (imp soldier colors)

Black and Medium Blue

White and Medium Blue (pub soldier colors)

White and Medium Red

Medium Green and Medium Red(Boba colors)

Black Primary

Black Secondary

White Primary

White Secondary

Black and Dark Brown(epsiode 3 anakin robe colors)

The eradicators gauntlets needs a secondary deep red dye badly (because devs have managed to mess up the color order on a lot of cartel market items). I don't know does it exist yet or not but I haven't seen one anywhere, not even market.

For me the dye sustem is a little broken right now. It should be made like this. You have a mod item which has two slots for a dye colour. One for primary and one for secondary. In this slots you can put any dye you wish, any color you wish. Depending on the slot you put the colors into, they will be asigned to either primary or secondary. Then you put the mod item into the mod slot on your armor and it changes it's colour similar to the way it does now. When you decide to change the dyes you simple take the dye module out of your armor. Then you wash off the old dye (destroying it in the process) and apply the new one. It should be possible to remove only one colour leaving the other one intact.

Pros:

- intuitional handling of dyeing your gear;

- more colour diversity;

- abbility to apply same colour as primary and secondary;

- still profitable for BioWare to sell Dye Modules;

- Artifice dye modules will be priced higher, making crafting more profitable;

- Cybertech can have the posibility to craft the dye slote for the armor, making crafting more profitable;

PS.

It can be also done so that there is no mod item and the dye slots are build in into the armor itself.

• 5 months later...
In going as the first word primary and second word secondary.

Black and Medium Red (imp soldier colors)

Black and Medium Blue

White and Medium Blue (pub soldier colors)

White and Medium Red

Medium Green and Medium Red(Boba colors)

Black Primary

Black Secondary

White Primary

White Secondary

Black and Dark Brown(epsiode 3 anakin robe colors)

back to the front page again with you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...