Yellow Crit numbers missing?

Humphammer

I've played an assassin for awhile now, something that has bugged me and was wondering if it's like this for all assassins. NEVER, do I see a yellow crit number for Maul, Voltaic Slash, or Execute. Force attacks (Discharge/Shock) I DO see yellow crit numbers.

Voltaic Slash seems to always hit for around 1100x2 and is always white, so it's almost like it never crits even with gear bonus we have.

Maul and Execute can hit anywhere from 1200-4000 always white numbers.

I've just assumed the bigger numbers were crits but the Voltaic Slash being consistent has me wondering.

Thank you for any feedback.

Edited by Humphammer

The color of damage signifies the type of damage being dealt, not whether it was a crit or not.

Yellow numbers (both hits and crits) are results of force/tech damage. Thus your withers, death fields, shocks, discharges, dots, and lightning will always show yellow damage.

White numbers are from physical attacks like maul, saber strike, thrash, voltaic slash, assassinate, and lacerate. These 'white' attacks are also subject to the target's defenses and can thus be dodged or parried.

Crits will always be the same color as a hit, but with a slightly larger font size.