Official PvE Progression.

Chevee

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no but the 105 for the clear and the 241 accrued puts RG at 7th world 1st U.S.

What does points matter when LD50 cleared the entire instance first? I mean, it's cool and all that you killed the easy bosses before they did, or at least recorded that you did before them, but it doesn't change that they cleared the entire instance before you guys.

Those points are just there to make people feel better about themselves...

What does points matter when LD50 cleared the entire instance first? I mean, it's cool and all that you killed the easy bosses before they did, or at least recorded that you did before them, but it doesn't change that they cleared the entire instance before you guys.

Those points are just there to make people feel better about themselves...

In the format used to rank guilds as a whole you have to use multiple factors to show over rankings. If the current spreadsheet system being used is how the community as a whole sees fit to rank overall guild progress then so be it. If by using said system when the total end points are tallied and RG is rank number one overall then that is that. No one is disputing the fact that LD 50 got both the server and US first final boss kills. Do not be mad at a guild for using the current ranking system properly. If you have a problem with it take it up with the designers of the system being used to overall rank, not the guilds using the in place system.

In the format used to rank guilds as a whole you have to use multiple factors to show over rankings. If the current spreadsheet system being used is how the community as a whole sees fit to rank overall guild progress then so be it. If by using said system when the total end points are tallied and RG is rank number one overall then that is that. No one is disputing the fact that LD 50 got both the server and US first final boss kills. Do not be mad at a guild for using the current ranking system properly. If you have a problem with it take it up with the designers of the system being used to overall rank, not the guilds using the in place system.

That's all well and good, but this is a thread for full clears.

That said, the point system is simply, pointless. The only thing that ultimately counts is who cleared the content the fastest and clearing content means killing the last boss. By all rights, LD50 killed the last boss fastest, and are thus ranked US 1st. It doesn't matter if RG killed the earlier (and easier) bosses before LD50 because it still took them longer to kill the final boss.

Gratz to RG for getting the US #1 based on that system. I believe the system is done in this way so that the people who help formulate strats, which could potentially be used by people who end up overtaking them only at the final boss, are held in a higher esteem. This definitely lends itself better to games where content cannot be cleared in a single week.

Who is the best will always be a matter of opinion But whether you see it as the guild that has accrued the most points by a system, or the guild that cleared the content faster, we definitely have the 2 top US guilds on this server.

I tip my hat to my fellow gents on JC.

Edited by Dalfurend

Gratz to RG for getting the US #1 based on that system. I believe the system is done in this way so that the people who help formulate strats, which could potentially be used by people who end up overtaking them only at the final boss, are held in a higher esteem. This definitely lends itself better to games where content cannot be cleared in a single week.

Who is the best will always be a matter of opinion But whether you see it as the guild that has accrued the most points by a system, or the guild that cleared the content faster, we definitely have the 2 top US guilds on this server.

Yeah, no matter what we all can agree that JC is the best US server. :cool: Congrats to both guilds for the clears and good luck to the rest. lets get some more top 10 US guilds on the server!

That's all well and good, but this is a thread for full clears.

That said, the point system is simply, pointless. The only thing that ultimately counts is who cleared the content the fastest and clearing content means killing the last boss. By all rights, LD50 killed the last boss fastest, and are thus ranked US 1st. It doesn't matter if RG killed the earlier (and easier) bosses before LD50 because it still took them longer to kill the final boss.

That's your personal opinion and it has no place in a progression thread. If you don't agree with the system then don't use it for ranking your guild. However do not try to undermine the other guilds who use the system and have no problems with how it is set up.

You are a stand up guy and i salute you sir. I actually believe our server probably ranks in the top 3 as far as total guilds PVE Progression wise in the world ( Based on the amount of guild on the world ranking for PVE HM content). So, I would like to tip my hat to the server and all the guilds pushing content. Also, RG love you GUYS!

Edited by Daegun

once again, I am sorry for reading the thread title wrong when it said "official PVE progression" and not the title that is there of "post your terror kills here". my bad!!!

Read the first post...

Instance Cleared, Difficulty and 8 or 16 man. (EC HM, KP NM, EV NM are only available for Top 10 Progression)

In Naascar, When you want to know who wins a season, you look at points. When you want to know who wins a race you look at the finish line. This isn't an entire expansion, this is one zone, the starting line was Wed, the first car over the finish line was LD50. No question. Now, when the expansion is over? We'll take a look at those points.

In Naascar, When you want to know who wins a season, you look at points. When you want to know who wins a race you look at the finish line. This isn't an entire expansion, this is one zone, the starting line was Wed, the first car over the finish line was LD50. No question. Now, when the expansion is over? We'll take a look at those points.

]-[oo\/\/ot??

This was quite possibly the worst analogy I have ever heard.

Moreover the "world" rankings were started by a random guy in a random guild.. so saying his point system is the proper world first is ridiculous. Hell, I can make up a random point system as well: 50 points per first kill; 500 points for clearing the instance first. Do you see what I'm getting at??

Grats to LD50 for Server 1st, US 1st, and world 9th

awins awins awin, knawmeen?

Edited by svalentine

Hi Chevee,

I hope I'm not sticking my foot into a hornet's nest here, but the progression dates via your setup is off. LD50 Should be listed as clearing 8 Man TFB on 9/28.

Here's why:

Here is our clearing announcement/post. If you check the time stamp it lists 04:00 AM on the 29th via GMT.

By converting 04:00 AM GMT to EST, the kill of the boss happened at 11 PM EST on the 28th.

For the sake of thoroughness, Republic Gentlemen (Grats guys), listed their kill in EST.

Republic Gentlemen has cleared TFB HM 8man. Here is our kill shot.

Killed 9/29/2012 4:09 PM EST

http://republicgentlemen.guildportal.com/GuildFiles/443431/Screenshot_2012-09-29_16_09_49_153305.jpg?c=0.06801226083189249

Thanks again for your constant effort in keeping everything up to date. You're doing an outstanding job.

Regards,

Edited by TalonKorr