Announcing a Free-to-Play Option

CourtneyWoods

So your saying expansions aren't content.. which makes no sense. So who is grabbing straws now? :rolleyes::eek::p

I never said they weren't content.. You are just being obtuse and playing semantics.. You know darn well that expansions are looked at a little differently and subscribers are typical charged for them.. Pretty much every MMO in existence charges for expansions.. From WOW to Rift to GW2 to SWTOR..

You are just arguing to argue.. Let me know when you actually have a valid point to make.. :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your saying expansions aren't content.. which makes no sense. So who is grabbing straws now? :rolleyes::eek::p

Thats funny, I dont remember a single expansion (in any game genre) that is free. Content (thats your key word) update, yes. Expansions no. Now, go lurk under a bridge or something :p

Thats funny, I dont remember a single expansion (in any game genre) that is free. Content (thats your key word) update, yes. Expansions no. Now, go lurk under a bridge or something :p

Makeb was only made an expansion when F2P was announced. Before then it was always planned to be a free update. But seems people have short memories, or weren't in the game when it started.

Makeb was only made an expansion when F2P was announced. Before then it was always planned to be a free update. But seems people have short memories, or weren't in the game when it started.

So where is the announcment of it been a content update?

Was it ever actually confirmed and then backtracked on?

If you have no answer to these 2 then you have no argument your just speculating and you dont win arguments that way you win them with actual facts

Edited by Mercia

So where is the announcment of it been a content update?

Was it ever actually confirmed and then backtracked on?

If you have no answer to these 2 then you have no argument your just speculating and you dont with arguments that way you win them with actual facts

Right here

Go to 5:05 where it's stated: "It's basically the biggest NON EXPANSION PACK piece of content"

And here http://www.examiner.com/article/ea-and-bioware-go-back-on-promise-to-release-makeb-free-to-subscribers

I knew that inane post would follow what I said so I had it ready for you.

Enjoy. :D

Edited by Avatarless

More semantics and misdirection. The planet Makeb was going to be included in a content update, that is the only thing that was said by BW. They never, ever implied that a level cap or anything else would be part of a content update (and free).

And see that fact is largely irrelevant.. F2P was a game changer.. If you can't understand that then, again, that is your problem..

Other than knowing that Makeb was being worked on.. I never heard them specifically say it would be free.. Me personally.. I always assumed that something as big as a new planet would always be an expansion.. Sorry you didn't share that obviously correct assumption..

Feel free to show where they ever said that Makeb would be free.. I know that it was debated here on the forums.. But you can't believe everything you read on the forums...

Let's assume they did say it... Again... F2P was a game changer.. If you are not smart enough to understand that then I can't help you.. I have no problem paying $10 for the expansion.. I don't feel my privileges as a subscriber have been violated.. I feel that for what it was.. It was worth the $10 dollars.. I am really enjoying the seeker droid and the macrobinoculars.. It is a nice change of pace to just dig stuff up.. I have got some nice stuff from that..

If you want to sit here and cry about it then do as you wish.. Bioware has done nothing wrong.. I am just sad that people doesn't seem to understand how F2P impacted this game.. Everyone screamed for it.. Well.. Now they have to live with the consequences of getting it.. What is the old saying?? Be careful what you wish for?? You may not like what you get?? Well.. F2P changed everything.. People need to deal with that.. :)

More semantics and misdirection. The planet Makeb was going to be included in a content update, that is the only thing that was said by BW. They never, ever implied that a level cap or anything else would be part of a content update (and free).

^^

Also it is still not confirmed they didnt put it out as a content patch on the PTR or announce it as a patch

And see that fact is largely irrelevant.. F2P was a game changer.. If you can't understand that then, again, that is your problem..

Other than knowing that Makeb was being worked on.. I never heard them specifically say it would be free.. Me personally.. I always assumed that something as big as a new planet would always be an expansion.. Sorry you didn't share that obviously correct assumption..

Feel free to show where they ever said that Makeb would be free.. I know that it was debated here on the forums.. But you can't believe everything you read on the forums...

Let's assume they did say it... Again... F2P was a game changer.. If you are not smart enough to understand that then I can't help you.. I have no problem paying $10 for the expansion.. I don't feel my privileges as a subscriber have been violated.. I feel that for what it was.. It was worth the $10 dollars.. I am really enjoying the seeker droid and the macrobinoculars.. It is a nice change of pace to just dig stuff up.. I have got some nice stuff from that..

If you want to sit here and cry about it then do as you wish.. Bioware has done nothing wrong.. I am just sad that people doesn't seem to understand how F2P impacted this game.. Everyone screamed for it.. Well.. Now they have to live with the consequences of getting it.. What is the old saying?? Be careful what you wish for?? You may not like what you get?? Well.. F2P changed everything.. People need to deal with that.. :)

Here it is again for you then:

Right here

Go to 5:05 where it's stated: "It's basically the biggest NON EXPANSION PACK piece of content"

And here http://www.examiner.com/article/ea-and-bioware-go-back-on-promise-to-release-makeb-free-to-subscribers

Edited by Avatarless

Right here

I knew that inane post would follow what I said so I had it ready for you.

Enjoy. :D

That is all well and good.. F2P changed that and made it all irrelevant.. Sorry.. You also notice that at least in the first video, he was specific in NOT calling Makeb an expansion.. Apparently that changed.. Which most certainly within their right to do..

Enjoy reality.. ;)

Get over it, don't you have anything better to do with your life?

They went back on it... so what! I paid $10 just like everyone else. Sorry for those who paid $20. :(

$10 gave me many hours of content. Hell a month ago I bought the DLC for Dead Space 3 also $10 for 2 hours of gameplay. Most DLC's are 4-5 hours! i have spent 4x that amount with Makeb, Macrobinocs and Seeker Droids to just name a few things.

Compared to other MMO's SWTOR hasn't done that bad with MT's and paying for expansions. Some F2P games really nickle n dime ya to death!

If you don't like it, don't buy it!

If you don't like Star Wars The Old Republic then don't play it!

It's that f'n simple.

Stop being a drama queen.

That is all well and good.. F2P changed that and made it all irrelevant.. Sorry.. You also notice that at least in the first video, he was specific in NOT calling Makeb an expansion.. Apparently that changed.. Which most certainly within their right to do..

Enjoy reality.. ;)

In reality if someone is kicking you do you just lie there and let them keep on kicking you? Perhaps, but I choose to fight back and try to stop them from kicking me. :cool:

By paying them $15 a month to just whine and they just lol and say thanks for the same amount of money this other joe gives but loves our product

Well done that really worked out for you

In reality if someone is kicking you do you just lie there and let them keep on kicking you? Perhaps, but I choose to fight back and try to stop them from kicking me. :cool:

No. They aren't "kicking you". They "kicked you". A single instance. If Makeb increased your subscription cost each month then there is a continuous "kicking".

So now you've had "a kick" you've got a decision to make. Walk way and never come back. Or continue to remain in the position where you can get kicked again, ie when the next expansion pack comes out.

"Fighting back" is simply not an option. You either continue to play, in which case there is every chance you'll get another kick again or you can walk way and never be kicked again.

You have choices.

Dude.. How is that even relevant to anything.. Nobody is kicking me.. Bioware has done nothing wrong!! What they said before F2P is for the most part irrelevant.. They changed to an entirely different business model.. How they do things is going to be different.. Either deal with it or move on!! But it isn't going to change anything..

If you think Bioware is kicking you, then please.. By all means.. Cancel your subscription and move on to another game.. Seriously.. You strike me as someone that just wants to have a pity party.. You will look for anything to sit and whine about.. If you can't comprehend the impact of going F2P had on this game.. Then perhaps you should listen to the people that can.. :)

They also didnt just start kicking on their own you told them too by paying them

I on the other hand got everything you did but i dont consider ever been kicked i feel i got value for money like everyone else who is subbed because money talks if you pay you automatically vote that what your getting is acceptable

Wrong.. Expansions are different.. That is your error.. My statement is 100% correct.. There is a reason the word expansions is not there.. You adding it to suit your own needs and views is your own mistake not mine..

Did we pay for TFB when it was added?? What about Section X?? That is content.. Makeb was an expansion.. That is different.. You are just grasping at straws.. :rolleyes:

while I agree that Makeb was an expansion and I have no problem with Paying for that Expansion, the new Customisation and Cathar Race are content and not a Expansion.

This according to Jeff Hickman is free to subscribers. So unless they make this accessible via Creds or progression unlocks, he has not kept to his word and lied.

If you think Bioware is kicking you, then please.. By all means.. Cancel your subscription and move on to another game.. Seriously.. You strike me as someone that just wants to have a pity party.. You will look for anything to sit and whine about.. If you can't comprehend the impact of going F2P had on this game.. Then perhaps you should listen to the people that can.. :)

and that is not your call :)

if you feel that nothing is wronge and people who make such threads are complaining/ crying or whatever then let them do it cause they are customers too UNLESS you are a fan boy who dont care about anything as long it has Star Wars tag on it....

so by all means go be Han, Darth vadar or whatever and let the people who care about their game talk :rolleyes:

Edited by saremun

and that is not your call :)

if you feel that nothing is wronge and people who make such threads are complaining/ crying or whatever then let them do it cause they are customers too UNLESS you are a fan boy who dont care about anything as long it has Star Wars tag on it....

so by all means go be Han, Darth vadar or whatever and let the people who care about their game talk :rolleyes:

And that isn't your call now is it?? Oh the irony.. :p

while I agree that Makeb was an expansion and I have no problem with Paying for that Expansion, the new Customisation and Cathar Race are content and not a Expansion.

In which case every cartel armour and speeder is also content, so why ave you not been complaining ever since F2P?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

"choose to fight back" lol, really?

BW isnt some lvl 50 elite beating you up, it is a company out for a profit. the "only" way to lol "beat" them to unsub,,,,except you still wont win since

1, your sub will be replace within a day

2. cartel purchases will recoup your sub cost.

you cant "fight back" , you cant win in this situation; all you can do is survive

Edited by astrobearx

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

"choose to fight back" lol, really?

BW isnt some lvl 50 elite beating you up, it is a company out for a profit. the "only" way to lol "beat" them to unsub,,,,except you still wont win since

1, your sub will be replace within a day

2. cartel purchases will recoup your sub cost.

you cant "fight back" , you cant win in this situation; all you can do is survive

at least he wont be the fool who pays to others to slap him in the face.

Edited by saremun

LOL, you proved me right!

Not at all.. You can't attempt to correct me about something and then do it yourself.. Reminds me of that old saying.. 'Practice what you preach..'

Now if you have something useful to add to this thread great.. Let's hear it.. :rolleyes: