Michael Arndt (Hunger Games, Toy Story 3) will be one of the EP7 screenwriters

Argure

Hunger games was incredible. Read the source material and watch the movie and tell me he wasn't a superstar of a screenwriter.

what the-

I don't even... OH! Do you mean the source material is crap and the fact that the person made a half-decent movie that sucked is actually a positive? OK, I'll give you that one if that's what you mean :D

I just hope they stick to canon with the novels, tv, movies etc or it will turn like star trek with no real continuity and conflicting info.

they already said it will be an original story

This is a good thing. Toy Story 3 is considered one of the best movies of the past 50 years. I love star wars but Toy Story 3 is a better movie then even the original trilogy. Hell Lots-o is a better villian the Palpentine and they share a similar back story. If Episode 7 can carry 1/10th the emotional weight of Toy Story 3 it will be amazing.

they already said it will be an original story

This is a good thing. Toy Story 3 is considered one of the best movies of the past 50 years. I love star wars but Toy Story 3 is a better movie then even the original trilogy. Hell Lots-o is a better villian the Palpentine and they share a similar back story. If Episode 7 can carry 1/10th the emotional weight of Toy Story 3 it will be amazing.

^ This is why doing drugs is a bad thing.

Toy Story 3 better than the OT.....my goodness...

^ This is why doing drugs is a bad thing.

Toy Story 3 better than the OT.....my goodness...

that's not even debatable. Toy Story 3 managed to create more emotion in it's scenes then even Empire. The scene where Han is lowered into the carbonite chamber is great but the incinerator scene is far more dramatic and gripping.

Like I said Lots o is far more menacing villain then Emperor palapentine could ever hope to be.

that's not even debatable. Toy Story 3 managed to create more emotion in it's scenes then even Empire. The scene where Han is lowered into the carbonite chamber is great but the incinerator scene is far more dramatic and gripping.

Like I said Lots o is far more menacing villain then Emperor palapentine could ever hope to be.

*Wonders if he's a child*

I will give you this, though: the incinerator scene was intense. But no way any pink stuffed bear could compare with Palpatine.

Great movie.

But Star Wars is just on a whole other level.

And no, there is no way on the planet that Lotzo-hugging-bear is more menacing then Palpatine. You could argue that Toy Story 3 is a better movie, but Star Wars is more intense and dramatic. Period.

Great movie.

But Star Wars is just on a whole other level.

And no, there is no way on the planet that Lotzo-hugging-bear is more menacing then Palpatine. You could argue that Toy Story 3 is a better movie, but Star Wars is more intense and dramatic. Period.

^This

Emperor of the galaxy with lightning coming out of his hands > Stuffed bear with traumatic past

Star Wars beats all because it is Star Wars

Edited by Aurbere

^This

Emperor of the galaxy with lightning coming out of his hands > Stuffed bear with traumatic past

Star Wars beats all because it is Star Wars

stuffed bear who is a corrupt politician who keeps in control through fear and intimidation and is willing murder others to hold on to his power.

He is a more realistic and believable villain then The Emperor who is just an old man who can use magic.

It's the same reason why a vast majority of people think that Delorus Umbridge is a scarier villain then Lord Voldemort.

Vader is more intimidating villian then Lots o but not the emperor.

stuffed bear who is a corrupt politician who keeps in control through fear and intimidation and is willing murder others to hold on to his power.

He is a more realistic and believable villain then The Emperor who is just an old man who can use magic.

It's the same reason why a vast majority of people think that Delorus Umbridge is a scarier villain then Lord Voldemort.

You kinda described the Emperor in your attempt to make the bear a better villain. Palpatine did all of those things and more. Plus, he did many of his evil deeds for fun.

More realistic? LOL SERIOUSLY? Lotzo is a toy bear that talks!

ROTFLOL

You kinda described the Emperor in your attempt to make the bear a better villain. Palpatine did all of those things and more. Plus, he did many of his evil deeds for fun.

i know i did that was the point. They have the same backstory but Lots o is a much more intidmidating villian as he is more human.

More realistic? LOL SERIOUSLY? Lotzo is a toy bear that talks!

ROTFLOL

... yeah I don't unerstand how that is hard for your to understand. Obviously none of them are real but it's about writing. Which is written as a better character.

Look at this way. Wall-E was a robot who only said one word. But even then if I asked you to describe his character you could. You could probably do it easier then trying to describe Padmes character.

Edited by sstanks

i know i did that was the point. They have the same backstory but Lots o is a much more intidmidating villian as he is more human.

Given that he's a toy, calling him more human is a stretch. In terms of emotion, I would agree that Lotso has more emotion than the Emperor, but Palpatine is so much more than the bear.

Remember that the Emperor was in complete control of the entire galaxy. Lotso was in control of a bunch of toys that had no real bearing on the outside world. They were both in control of their own worlds, but Palpatine's actions had a much greater effect. Plus he could fry Lotso at will.

Given that he's a toy, calling him more human is a stretch. In terms of emotion, I would agree that Lotso has more emotion than the Emperor, but Palpatine is so much more than the bear.

Remember that the Emperor was in complete control of the entire galaxy. Lotso was in control of a bunch of toys that had no real bearing on the outside world. They were both in control of their own worlds, but Palpatine's actions had a much greater effect. Plus he could fry Lotso at will.

and Vader has less power but he was a better villian then the Emperor so it doesn't mater what they are in control of. Or look at Ingorious Bastr.ds in that the main villian the Je Hunter is even more evil and more intimidating then the Emperor. Yet he doesn't even have 1 millionth the power that the Emperor has.

Creating a realisitc or good villian has absolutely nothing to do with how much that person controls or what magic they can do.

and Vader has less power but he was a better villian then the Emperor so it doesn't mater what they are in control of. Or look at Ingorious Bastr.ds in that the main villian the Je Hunter is even more evil and more intimidating then the Emperor. Yet he doesn't even have 1 millionth the power that the Emperor has.

Creating a realisitc or good villian has absolutely nothing to do with how much that person controls or what magic they can do.

I suppose you're right, but I wouldn't call Lotso more intimidating than the Emperor. A good villain? Yes. They were both good villains. You like one more than the other, I like one more than the other.

For me, personally, I can't take the bear seriously.

1. Note how utterly derailed this thread has become. Discussion of screenwriters transformed into an argument about whether a corrupt Sith politician is a better villain then an insane pink teddy bear.

2. They were both well written villains. Toy Story 3 was an enjoyable, family-oriented, animated film. Star Wars is an enjoyable, epic space saga filled with Lightsaber-wielding warriors and politicians with Force Lightning*. Comparing the two is like comparing an apple and an orange. It isn't which is better, it's which you enjoy more.

On a side note, it is ironic: Pretty sure that neither Disney/Pixar OR Lucasfilms planned on a second film**.

*: Referring to SW as the Films, not the Films+EU. Toy Story doesn't have any backgrounds like the EU that Star Wars does. Quite frankly, I know of a lot of people who would gladly forfeit the EU of Star Wars and have the Force be as mysterious as the reason for why the Toys are alive. These are not my personal views, however.

**: Technically, Lucas DID have a backup plan: If the first Star Wars movie failed (ROFL) he had a sequel written to try and revive it. The sequel evolved into a book whose name escapes me.