Preferred Powertech companion skills

AntiPop

(Currenlty 23) I've gone Slicing for credits (currently at 52k), Armortech and Scavanging.

Obviously if I had another toon for credit gain I would drop Slicing for Underworld trading so you have ALL the mats you need for Armortech.

Armortech provides you with updating armor the whole time you are leveling (I currently make gear that is 4-5 levels ahead of me) which gives you a great edge and allows you to sometimes choose comendations over gear which allows you to get nice upgrades.

I dont know about any other proffesions but my 3 are working for me atm.

I went Cybertech, once I find a piece of Orange gear I like the look of I can just mod it, Reverse Engineer the old mods and make some grenades.

Went Scavenging as the companion gifts you sometimes get are good for maintaining decent standing, and Underworld Trading for the rare metals and, occasionally, Schematics which I can either sell or use.

Slicing/Diplomacy/Treasure Hunting.

You'll have enough money to buy anything... it's a good way to get a nice cushion built up in your wallet.

Diplomacy to max out dark side points quickly and pour in some companion gifts.

Once I get enough money, I'll untrain diplomacy/treasure hunting and probably go Cybertech/Scavenging or something to supplement its mats/schematics.