Nightmare Denova

Yes. I'm making another one of these threads.

1.3 was a great success with transfers, ranked PVP and the LFG tool. PVPers and Casual players are rejoicing everywhere with content and features added directly for them.

Raiders play this game too! Do you really expect us to keep going with nothing but HM EC for another 3 months? Our mains are long since BiS, with min-maxed gear with maybe an exception of one or two elusive pieces. (I'm looking at you Force-Lord's MK2!!!)

I'm really trying not to sound unreasonable, but come on Bioware. Tuesday our guild pulled Toth and Zorn at 8:15. Kephess was dead at 9:45.

An hour and a half of somewhat relevant content. That just isn't enough to keep people interested for very long

This is not a "GIMME OR IM GONA UNSUB" thread. There was plenty of those in the PVP and General forums asking for Ranked Warzones, transfers and the LFG tool.

We just want some kind of update on Nightmare Denova. Something that lets us know you at least care about Raider's interest, however small a minority we may be.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw at least 3 of this threads until now with no answer.

Over 50 pages on threads in the pts to big concern, no answer.

What makes you think they will answer now?

My guild is in pretty much the same situation, some don't even log in anymore if there is no raid and if there is, well it takes a maximum of 90 minutes to clear it, best time was two weeks back with a little over an hour, but it's getting old and boring.

At this point I don't think even nightmare Denova is enough anymore, it's only 4 bosses, you can't possibly think 4 bosses will be enough for a few more months!!

Edited by Shinaa

• Dev Post
Nightmare Denova is coming. It has taken longer than we'd like, because we've been reworking NM to be a full-fledged difficulty mode with its own loot and its own mechanics. Trust me, we want to put it in your hands as soon as we can.

Real life has become so busy for me that I've been forced to quit the game for the next couple of months.

I'm starting to realise this is more of a blessing in disguise than not. With a bit of luck, we'll have Nightmare Denova by the time I eventually return. Originally I was worried about being left behind on the gear/content curve, but looking at the speed of content delivery thus far... I probably don't have much to worry about.

This is starting to become a joke if I'm honest. I understand the need to consolidate the population so that people on the lower pop servers could see the 1.2 content before anything new was released but what about us that have been farming the content for months? Do Bioware honestly think people will be content with farming the same four bosses week in week out for another two to three months until 1.4 is released? And what if 1.4 only had Nightmare Mode - no matter how many new mechanics you add to the fights, its still the same four bosses.

The fact of the matter is this, I've been saying it from the moment 1.2 hit the PTS - Four bosses and two difficulties wasn't enough, and frankly will never be enough for a full tier of raiding if they keep this rate of content up. 4 - 5 bosses is ok if there's two, maybe three month gap between tiers but there isn't. Its been around three months since Denova was first released and the last I've heard about Nightmare mode bar the 2 second mention in the E3 conference was at the guild summit when it was revealed that it wouldn't make it into 1.2 and would launch sometime after.

So, I picture three scenarios with varying degrees of possibilty:

1) 1.4 goes up on the PTS late July and contains both Terror from Beyond (Tier 3) and the retuned Nightmare mode for all three tiers along with the other stuff mentioned in the 1.3 leak and in the E3 trailer. Gets released mid - late august to help combat the Guild Wars 2 release date.

2) 1.4 goes up on the PTS sometime in August and contains only the returned Nightmare mode while at the same time providing a new 'half-tier' of gear (which strangely enough is already in the files as a grade 63 set named "denova": http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear?n=denova#) releasing sometime in September.

3) 1.4 goes up on the PTS sometime in August and contains only Terror from Beyond with 4 or 5 bosses.

Decide for yourself which seems more likely but sadly my gut feeling is telling me scenario two will happen, and if so, ugh I don't even want to think about it....

The best thing Bioware can do at this point is just come out and explain what the hell is going on with this because quite frankly I'm getting sick of it. My guild is going down the pan at the moment because people are sick of doing the same four bosses week in week out and this silence is just making things worse (you should have seen guild chat after that small clip of the new op in the e3 trailer). But, with the silence on the PTS forums I'm not expecting much here other than a "soon". But to be honest "soon" isn't going to cut it for much longer.

/endrant

Edited by The-Vortex

I hear ya man, it's a huge struggle to keep my guild together-- so to speak. Sure we've got 10-12 players who play lots of games together, but those few guys who only want to raid and are pretty much never online otherwise, are disappearing from our ranks 1 by 1. It's even harder to recruit to replace them because we recruit them to raid an hour and a half a week, and most of the time we just do 1--8 man since it's so much easier and faster.

Before servers merged we were 1 of 2 guilds on our server who was 4/4HM, we got it a bit over a month ago. When servers merged I thought well there must be at least one of us on each server, so I was looking forward to seeing a bunch of 4/4 guilds and a community of higher end raiders merge together. It turns out only 8 guilds on the new "super" server are 4/4. Two of course came from our server and 2 were already on the server. So from all the other servers merged into ours only 4 guilds had done 4/4.

I really think the serious raiders have jumped ship, and Bioware knows this. So there is no motivation for them to hurry any content. So they will just lose the rest of us soon, I know my guild is closing shop in a week or two. Yes we say we will show back up if and when new raids come out, but I really don't think everyone will come back.

The talk high and mighty about Mikeb and all the new quests coming. They have no vids except a 3 second peak in a 30 second video even mentioning new raids.

I hate to be Debby Downer, but if you love to raid, look for a new game. I thought after seeing Tier one that they had potential. Yes it was easy, but it is the first tier. Then came Tier 2. and ALL FOUR BOSSES of it. Again it was easy. The only thing making it hard was bugs. Yes it was a step up, but being FOUR BOSSES, it is not even near enough for serious raiders to do.

The game will be free to play soon, so maybe when new raids come out I will download the game again, but for $15, there are much better raiding games out there...

PS don't mind my grammar, it is late :p

Edited by Fraeblood

We just want some kind of update on Nightmare Denova. Something that lets us know you at least care about Raider's interest, however small a minority we may be.

Do you really think just increasing the HP of the bosses and bumping their dmg output is going to really float your boat? As a player who has completed all the Ops content on every difficulty setting, I am more looking for a new operation and world boss or two rather than a new difficulty setting on an old one.

Bioware please put effort into a new content patch for later summer...

Edited by Ewgal

So the invisible answer from BW is still invisible huh? Guess they just keep silent or say it's a bug, without an answer at all.

What I really don't understand is the fact that alot of stuff for nightmare is already ingame, like all those items that have been datamined, I wouldn't be suprised if it's all there just needed to be switched on but may lack some fine tuning or they are not sure if it's still too easy or something. <.<

And no I don't think it's enough to release the same 4 bosses with a bit more health and damage, but it would be atleast something to do.

Edited by Shinaa

I say scrap nightmare altogether in favor of more content.

the whole heroic mode idea from blizzard was "make half content and stretch it with 2 difficulty settings"

as a raider who had no problem competing through the content of burning crusade that alone was a kick in the face.

so now it's make 1/3rd content just add another difficulty settings.

where is this gonna end ?

one boss throughout an expansion with 10 difficulty settings to progress through ? (exaggerating here of course, but it serves the purpose of uncovering this madness)

it's boring.

So, I think I get the complaint, but I can't quite agree.

In short, Patch 1.2 was released at the end of April. People had only EV and KP until then, and the game survived.

I totally understand being in nearly all Campaign and wanting to step up to the next challenge ASAP, but I'm not sure that the larger majority of the game population will be there for another month or so. So, I think the 4 bosses will hold us over until the next update, even if they seem a bit underwhelming to you now, and in the long run, we'll get new challenges that are far more satisfying than a quick re-tweaking of the boss HP and damage.

In the meanwhile, is everyone in your guild fully geared up? The guild I'm in regularly splits off members of its lead Ops groups into extra groups for new recruit runs--we toss a few crazy-geared folks in with some guys just getting into Ops, teach them the fights, get them some gear... It definitely ups the challenge, sharpens our own understanding of the fights, gets the guild better geared on the whole, and keeps everyone happy~

We take alts and players that normally do not raid with the maingroup with us just so that we can use the stuff.

Also your argument is a bit flawed with EV/KP, both have 5 bosses, thats 10 bosses. EC was out in april, thats about 4 months (include leveling time and it is), thats about 2,5 bosses a month, plus there were all difficulties, which would be even more, but let's just keep the amount of bosses in favor of EC, which means, new content is already needed just to keep the ratio. You could say the world boss should also count, but then you are still at 2,5 bosses ending NOW, so yeah next month new bosses or you actually deliver less content over time.

I thought tier one had a good number of bosses with 5 per raid. I know is unrealistic to expect 2 new operations per patch but I would have thought they would have kept around the same number for EC, what with it being a single raid tier. Obviously that wasn't the case and now we are starting to see the same effect that 'other mmo' had at the end of its second expansion and more recently with 4.2 and 4.3 - only much faster due to the low number of bosses.

I just hope the next operation whenever it comes will be more on par with tier 1 in terms of boss numbers as opposed to tier 2's 5 (the nightmare pilgrim can be argued to be the 5th boss). Don't know about anyone else but I really don't want to be in this position again another 4 months down the line because Terror from Beyond only has 3 - 4 bosses or something.

Edited by The-Vortex

Do you really think just increasing the HP of the bosses and bumping their dmg output is going to really float your boat? As a player who has completed all the Ops content on every difficulty setting, I am more looking for a new operation and world boss or two rather than a new difficulty setting on an old one.

Bioware please put effort into a new content patch for later summer...

No...I don't and I never said that would be enough anywhere in my post...curious as to why you quoted that one...

So, I think I get the complaint, but I can't quite agree.

In short, Patch 1.2 was released at the end of April. People had only EV and KP until then, and the game survived.

I totally understand being in nearly all Campaign and wanting to step up to the next challenge ASAP, but I'm not sure that the larger majority of the game population will be there for another month or so. So, I think the 4 bosses will hold us over until the next update, even if they seem a bit underwhelming to you now, and in the long run, we'll get new challenges that are far more satisfying than a quick re-tweaking of the boss HP and damage.

In the meanwhile, is everyone in your guild fully geared up? The guild I'm in regularly splits off members of its lead Ops groups into extra groups for new recruit runs--we toss a few crazy-geared folks in with some guys just getting into Ops, teach them the fights, get them some gear... It definitely ups the challenge, sharpens our own understanding of the fights, gets the guild better geared on the whole, and keeps everyone happy~

Game released with EV + Bonetrasher. KP was release in mid January. Less than a month wait for KP. And 3 months wait for Denova.

3 Months is Going to be up in 2 weeks since Denova was release. And we still don't even have Nightmare for it. That is an issue.

No I don't think it would be enough to just tweak the bosses HP and Damage output. Bioware has even said they want to do more than that.

And yes. Everyone has all their gear except maybe 1 or 2 elusive pieces...like our Sorcerers for example, because the MK2 Force-Lord's Earpiece has never dropped.

So if we have to wait 3 more months for some kind of a new content, that will be almost 6 months on 4 bosses. As others have posted. Raiders have all ready left and are leaving, if we have to continue to wait, more will leave.

I love this game and have no intentions of leaving immediately, but I can't promise I'll want to stick around for another 3 months with no new content. I can only level so many alts and PVP in this game gets real boring, real fast.

Seriously though, that phantom Bioware reply icon is just kind of taunting those of us who are impatiently waiting for new and challenging raid content and some detailed information on when we can expect it to launch. We understand that there are plenty of players still working on the current content, but for those of us who have cleared it the lack of timeline on the new stuff makes it very challenging to stay engaged with the game.