Wz win not counting not fixed.

Fatbaldandalone

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same issues as everyone else has been reporting.

I didn't know (is it confirmed?) that you don't get a quest update if you are playing vs lesser numbers. I can understand this from the PoV where you play 8v6 the entire fight, but often these numbers come from when you are winning and the other team just starts leaving. That said, I'm pretty sure one of the quest updates I got last night was from a game where the other team didn't have enough players and the game ended...

We have definitely reached a new level of fanboism.

So Bioware comes out and says they fixed a bug where people weren't getting rewarded for Victories in warzones. Today people are not getting rewarded for victories in warzones. But instead of agreeing the bug wasn't fixed you're saying it's part of Biowares system? Even though Bioware said it was a bug??????? Common! COMMONNN!!!!

Also, it happens in games that have equal teams with a clear victor. You need to think before you make silly posts.

LoL.. Please don't try and twist Biowares words for them. They stated that they have resolved the issue with players not getting rewards for Warzones, they weren't talking about anything else except for Wins because I've never really noticed missing out on anything else from Warzones.

I always seem to get the credits, the valor and whatever other little number there is. I get everything except for the win.

But for real don't come on here and act like BW is not at fault for this or that they didn't state it was fixed. They have more than enough *********** loopholes they can use on us the consumer. Don't become to lamb to their cause..

Keep it real ****...

BW ya'll ****** up son.. You got till March then I'm out point blank.

Edited by Artthen
filtered inappropriate language

There's not a coder in the world who won't eventually screw up something simple looking.

And they had since beta to fix that screw up. Not only did they not fix it, they actually had to guts to lie in the patch note. To me, that's worst than not fixing the bug, it is approaching the realm of fraud, a huge hit on the company's integrity. Makes you wonder what other unethical practice the company is capable of doing.

Edited by painsponge

And they had since beta to fix that screw up. Not only did they not fix it, they actually had to guts to lie in the patch note. To me, that's worst than not fixing the bug, it is approaching the realm of fraud, a huge hit on the company's integrity. Makes you wonder what other unethical practice the company is capable of doing.

If it was a lie, but nope, people can't seem to understand the possibility of there being multiple issues. Not to mention as any programmer will tell you, isolating a bug can take a LONG time because its not always where you expect. If you want to call people liars without looking at all possibilities though and definition of the english language, that's your call. Doesn't make it the right one though. Should the language been more clear? Without a doubt, but I have more doubts about the people who believe they did nothing.

Don't know why I bother... people just don't understand anything about coding, especially when it gets to a massive level. It really doesn't surprise me anymore that it has one of the highest drop out rates out of any field.

Edited by Kuari

If it was a lie, but nope, people can't seem to understand the possibility of there being multiple issues. Not to mention as any programmer will tell you, isolating a bug can take a LONG time because its not always where you expect. If you want to call people liars without looking at all possibilities though and definition of the english language, that's your call. Doesn't make it the right one though. Should the language been more clear? Without a doubt, but I have more doubts about the people who believe they did nothing.

Don't know why I bother... people just don't understand anything about coding, especially when it gets to a massive level. It really doesn't surprise me anymore that it has one of the highest drop out rates out of any field.

Okay, I will give you that. Lets just pretend the coding was so complicated it would take them a long time to fix despite reports from as early as beta. Now that still does not justify the lying on the patch note.

"Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving mission rewards for completing Warzones."

Please enlighten me as how this can be interpreted otherwise, as read by an average gamer. It could be a "wording problem" like you have suggested, but other will classify it as a grade A lie. Regardless, neither is acceptable practice from a respectable company.

And if was written to be purposely misleading, then the problem is even worst than I had originally thought....

Edited by painsponge

Okay, I will give you that. Lets just pretend the coding was so complicated it would take them a long time to fix despite reports from as early as beta. Now that still does not justify the lying on the patch note.

"Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving mission rewards for completing Warzones."

Please enlighten me as how this can be interpreted otherwise, as read by an average gamer. It could be a "wording problem" like you have suggested, but some might find it to be a written lie, neither of which is acceptable from a respectable company.

And if was written to be purposely misleading, then the problem is even worst than I had originally thought....

I understand to some extent, but I really have strong doubts it was intentionally misleading. Is it possible? Possibly, but I wouldn't blame the company, it'd mean there's someone not doing their job but is pretending they did. It probably would have been better if they'd gone into a little more detail.

Its also isn't that coding is super complex, its just that sometimes everything LOOKS perfect. There's no sign of anything wrong as far as you can tell no matter how you look yet this bug is happening. I've run into this on a single page of code before with several people looking it over and seeing nothing different from their own, but somehow something is screwed up in it. Usually I retype the whole thing and it works. Not the only one that has run into the issue. Imagine what it must be like for page after page after page?

Thats just so funny, I can't understand tbh if this guy is trolling as a BW employee, or is actually that much of a no critical thinking consumer...

Lets start with an example...lets say you work in a software company and you create a project, then you give it to the client and they call you for support. You go there, try to fix it and tell them its done. What you think will happen when they will call you again???

Similarly, its a company...its employees are getting paid to do their work. They are getting paid...and WE as consumers pay the company money to play this game. WHEN something doesn't work they HAVE to fix it. Having it not fixed and despite that saying its fixed is LOL.

ALSO saying that their employees don't do their job, is even more hilarious since it embarashes the internal mechanics of BW company as it runs. Employees not doing their job is one thing, testing part DIDN'T test it and saw it comming also?

Comeone...thats super funny. Unless you like to write spaggeti code and not in a formal OOP way, then you had it comming.

And they say " We have a lot of ppl working " bla bla bla

I unsub cuz this daily and weekly pvp quests its not fair when you do 8/9 and stop counting forcing you to abandon the quest and take again from 0/0 imagine how many times you need to play in 1 day to finish this quests when you are republic

I can live with any bug or fps i am a Star Wars Fanboy and ex-SWG player but force me remake a quest 3-4 times a day i dont have time to waste

In fact all servers now have low population just 3 servers beat heavy in this way 100% that swtor will be a free game in 6 months

They dont fix bugs and lie for customers is better and more simple make a video in youtube to show how many employers still working in X bug Y bug let the customers know that BW know what bug we are talking about

It's been talked about numerous times over and over how warzones wins are not being counted. There's been much speculation out there on what the issue may be and what it's not. To be honest it could very well be linked to any of the issues on some sort of back end perhaps; who can really say.

However with that said the issue still remains that Bioware devs have stated twice that the issue was resolved. Now maybe they resolved something else that was causing wins not to count. It is quite plausible that there are multiple things causing the bug or even the sum of them all bring it to fold.

Now with that I also would have to say that a good portion of the community have a "basic" understanding how game design and programming might work and that hammering out crazy bugs and design flaws can be increadibly difficult to solve.

"Cool Bioware I give you that.. NO I'm not some professional progammer and NO I don't get paid big bucks to design some of the trash you industry folk put out.. BUT I do know when things might be getting a little FUBARED in the Dev department.. and miscommunications might be being made..I am playing your game you know"

This overall statement I make for OUR community (not trying to speak for people here) is said with such bravado because of the MANY years MANY of us have with MMO's and gaming in general. We have a failry good understanding of how things work..

Bioware it's in your best interest to KEEP IT REAL when communicating with your community of consumers. When something is afoot and the stench is rising. Don't frackin come on and say its all cheerie blossoms and roses and that we are welcome to prance amongst the meddows without any fear of stepping in dog poo...

*LE SIGH BIOWARE... LE SIGH*

Edited by Opapanax

I don't thing you understand a lot of coding. If you can't get it to work because the implementation is poor make it work. There is a call when VICTORY is displayed in the Match Statistic at the end.

Hook that call and update the quest. They obviously have other things determinate the update on the Daily / Weekly quest or the initial hook does not work.

But please spare us the "multiple hidden complex detail magic coding".

And to be honest i can't imagine BW devs are incapable to understand the logic layout of a condition to update other variables.

There is QA for that. If there are multiple logic points who could hinder a proper status update you go through ALL of them.

IF there are multiple issues causing this bug you do not work one up which you think is the one which creates the issue- then create patch notes "fixed" just to fail for two updates in a row.

YOU GO THROUGH ALL connected calls and hooks.

You let your car repair because the brakes are failing. A Mechanic should not just exchange one brake and look if the left front is leaking break fluid. And then gives you back the car and says "fixed".

He looks through all four.

The Patch notes are blandly lying or misleading - again.

The bug is still not fixed. Tells a lot about QA.

I don't feel like bashing BW (or the devs) for trying to fix stuff, they sacrifice a lot already and sometimes can't do what they wish due to deadlines. But something in BWs QA needs to change soon.

Edited by -sasori

Well who care about coding we all are customers

exemple : When you go to mc donalds if you buy a big mac with a lot of hair inside you never will stop and thinking "oh its so hard work well i will eat this hair too and no complaim" ?

So stop bla bla about understand coder job if you are a kid ok but the world will never understand when you offer a fail service or fail product

Edited by lordhaizen

Why do people not read? It's not a bug. It's a mechanic so people don't get rewarded for beating outnumbered opponents in a controlled/fair environment.

It is a bug. Stop trying to say it isn't and justify it. Where do you see the devs saying it is intended? Stop pulling crap out of your ***.

People leave warzones all the time. This shouldn't penalize the opposing team.

There are multiple games out there that have issues like this fixed quick. Bioware is failing at it. Save me the, "multiple issues" crap. They have the people and the bug has been here long enough. It should have been fixed by now. And with all the issues in the game, they probably should not have released it. We are basically paying for an unfinished product.

Edited by Cyndelx

I used to have only the occasional win not count. I have now won 7 between last night and today and it's sitting at 1/3 and 1/9. Guess I'll try abandoning it and redoing...

They made it worse.

Edited by Kaolin