Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

CourtneyWoods

Bolster your characters and advance to Level 50 quicker with first ever Double XP weekends as you prepare to continue your adventure in the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel, coming this Spring with 5 new levels and a brand new planet, Makeb! Starting Friday March 15th, all players will be able to log in to The Old Republic™ and receive twice the amount of XP every weekend until April 8, 2013. Don’t worry if you’ve already hit Level 50. Your Legacy XP will double too!

Read More

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolster your characters and advance to Level 50 quicker with first ever Double XP weekends as you prepare to continue your adventure in the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel, coming this Spring with 5 new levels and a brand new planet, Makeb! Starting Friday March 15th, all players will be able to log in to The Old Republic™ and receive twice the amount of XP every weekend until April 8, 2013. Don’t worry if you’ve already hit Level 50. Your Legacy XP will double too!

Read More

is this the big news we have been told about?

Well, looks like I just might get my Agent to Level 50 and get that Tionese gear before it gets vanquished afterall.

So, hang on a second:

Base EXP times 2 (Rested EXP) times 2 (Double EXP Event) + 20% (EXP Boost Stim) + 5% (Subscriber Bonus) = 425 % EXP, or is my math that off?

Edited by BenKatarn

• Dev Post
Good event, I for one hate grinding multiple lvl 50s and this should really speed up the process.

Thanks for the segue! Let me blow your minds :rak_03:

My understanding of the system is that all of our boosts will multiply from the new base of 200%, so now is the perfect time to get those Legacy perks and XP boosts. I will show you why.

Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb entirely through... Flashpoints.

200% base experience

+25% Flashpoint Boost

+30% Flashpoint Legacy perk

*THIS BONUS DOES NOT STACK WITH RESTED EXPERIENCE

Since both of the boosts are being applied to double base XP, they are also doubled. Do you know what that means?!

+310% bonus experience! That is over triple the experience. Enjoying your leveling my friends!

TLDR, yes they stack and for the math nerds it is multiplicative on top of the new base of 200% (assuming I understood it all correctly)

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Cool, I might finally be able to be bothered to get my poor 44 missing guardian up to 50!

Or most likely I'll just powerlevel through pvp with my 31 shadow heh. Still, fun, and good idea to help people up the tree before the expansion drops.

Oh and another thing, thanks for my Luxury Skiff. Best. Mount. Ever!

Wow I must say this is awesome, I wanted to level a PT and Op before expack now its going to be easier then ever, great job!

Does this mean that the xpac is coming out mid April?

Edited by majiinx

*THIS BONUS DOES NOT STACK WITH RESTED EXPERIENCE

Awww, too bad. So, with the base number of 200% experience, it's essentially just as if you are permanently rested. But the EXP Boost stims also are doubled in effect, so that's what, +40%?

Edited by BenKatarn

• Dev Post
So am I to understand that those with rested XP will not gain any extra XP from the promotion?

Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.

Nice I like that :jawa_cool:

One question though: the last double XP weekend beeing the 6th of April, is that a hint that the expansion is coming right after that or is it me just dreaming?

Just wondering considering the "end date" for those double XP weekends... :rolleyes:

lol I'm already at legacy level 50 but this will make finishing my vanguard and juggernaught alts a HELL of a lot faster, might get started on a commando alt while I'm at it too!

Nice to see this, time to break my altitis itch again!

Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.

Ah, I wasn't aware that the rested bonus only applied to killing mobs. Thanks for the clarification.

So essentially, these Double EXP Weekends spread the effects of Rested EXP to all activities instead of just killing mobs, but you will not run out of Rested EXP. Did I understand this correctly?