New graphics card.

Laffytaffy

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new graphics card so that I can play SWTOR on atleast high or max settings. Preferably one that would last me a while and one that's under 100$. My specs are:

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer inc.

Model: ASUS desktop PC CM6730 series

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90GHz

RAM: 8G

System type: 64-bit operating system

I'm pretty sure my card is a family graphics card but I'm looking to play multiple games on it. Such as SWTOR, maybe WoW, TF2, Gmod, Borderlands and such. If anyone could point me to the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Was looking on Newegg and couldn't figure out what would be compatible and what wouldn't be.

I don't think it would play that horribly would it? My friends who has a much worse computer than I bought a 60$ graphics card that runs the game smoothly on medium setting. And the card is from like a year and a half ago. Everything else with my computer is right its just like running a gallon of water through a pin hole kind of thing.

If you're willing to fork over an extra $50 into the 150 range, you may be able to get a beefier card with a bit more longevity (unless this is a stop-gap measure to tide you over till you can pick up a better one). I'm using a 560Ti right now and it runs everything pretty much great, but it's much closer to 200-250ish.

You may want to consider sort of a mid-range option, like this: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Mini-HDMI-Graphics-01G-P3-1556-KR/dp/B004S5CCP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342404111&sr=8-1&keywords=Geforce

If you go with a used one, you may even be able to snag it for under $100, though that comes with all the used product issues, depending on its quality/used condition.

I don't think it would play that horribly would it? My friends who has a much worse computer than I bought a 60$ graphics card that runs the game smoothly on medium setting. And the card is from like a year and a half ago. Everything else with my computer is right its just like running a gallon of water through a pin hole kind of thing.

Don't worry about it, some people are just unhelpful trolls.

I agree with the previous poster that you'll probably want to try to save up a bit more, at least to a Nvidia GTX550 Ti series card, or in my opinion I would say a GTX560. I don't know exact prices in the US, but at least the 550 you'll probably be able to find fairly close to $100.

Greetings everyone!

We have a few threads that are dedicated in assisting you with any technical questions you have in regards to specs and help in order to run Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. You can find these links and more in our New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources

As a reminder, our Minimum System Requirements found in our FAQ are as followed:

What are the system requirements for the game?

Processor:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:

Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later

RAM:

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM

Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

Note: PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB of RAM.

Star Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better. Examples include:

ATI X1800 or better

nVidia 7800 or better

Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better

DVD-ROM drive – 8x speed or better (required for installation from physical editions only) Internet connection required to play.

We are going to go ahead and close this thread but ask that you please continue your discussion in one of the following:

If you are looking to increase your performance, we have the following guides that may assist you:

We hope this helps!