[BUG] Rakghoul Event, Did not receive canister from binocular mission

banditEarl

Howdy,

Kinda miffed about this although after realizing the crystals my friend weren't as good as the ones had I eased up a bit. So here's the deal, I have a sub account that is my main account for my day-to-day gaming. I also have a preff. account that I use to play with a friend that can only play once a week. So we were running the rakghoul thing just to get the 4 DNA canisters needed to get a black-green crystal to replace the ugly arse pink-purple ones we have. Imagine our surprise when we get ready to head back to Jeelvac for the last canister and realize we're one short.

After some quick Googling I found there was a bug where Empire chars. < level 55 were not being rewarded the DNA canister from the binoculars mission and the solution was to file an in-game bug report and one would be sent by mail. Cool, I thought and tabbed back in only to find that preff. accounts can't create a ticket to file a bug report (even tried /bug to no avail).. Needless to say I was not happy.

I thought I remembered reading something about preff. accounts only receiving in-game support for 90 days after purchase of CC. I was about to buy some CC for both my and my friend's preff. accounts when I stopped and thought, "Wait a minute, I'm about to shell out RL money to compensate for a bugged event." To heck with that. We had already wasted time and credits (for vaccine) plus I wasted some CC buying something I didn't need or want from CM to see if that might activate the in-game support.

I guess this is where this post goes from reporting a bug/minor rant to a suggestion. Let preff. accounts submit bug reports, simply make it the only option in the "Create a ticket" UI. I may be missing something but how does restricting who can file bug reports help a game?

Anyway, that's the last event I'll suggest to my friend.

ttfn

Edited by banditEarl

There is another thread open on this already. Open a customer support ticket for the characters missing canisters and they will get them to you.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=715978

The bug seems to affect Imperial characters below level 53.

Ya, saw the other thread but my issue is that on my (and my friend's) preff. account I can't open a customer support ticket. There is no way to get the missing canister. I'm not sure if they can but maybe a mod could merge this into the other thread. However the whole thing is moot really, the event ends before my friend will be able to play again. It's just disappointing that, after convincing him that running the event on his one night to play would be a good idea, we get short-changed with no recourse. *shrug* Whatever... we'll just avoid in-game events in the future.

ttfn