Accessing Iokath

EricMusco

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the story for this planet be repeatable like the chapters are? So we can see how other choices make stuff play out?

I know our first play through would be the cannon for that character either way, just curious if this is an option.

I'd love to see this answered definitively with my own eyes, people have been saying it will be but I don't know how they came to that conclusion

Characters that haven't started the "KOTFE and KOTET" story, they will be eiligible to play the new content on Iokath, and after this can play the two previous story content, (or 3, including Makeb) without affecting the story?

You can play makeb whenever you want now. Confused on the other though. My guess is you can replay it but their decisions are locked like the level 65 tokens for kotet. The kotfe decisions were locked

So there is a second requirement. The character must have completed the Prelude and received their ship.

You have to have received your ship to be able to go almost anywhere in the game but Fleet. Fun fact - if you don't have your ship, you can't use "exit to <CAPITAL_PLANET> from the relevant stronghold, you can only exit to Fleet or return from whenc eyou came (even if it was the cap planet). This caused me a fair amount of aggravation during DvL since I set a personal goal to not complete the DK storyline until I hit 65.

Hey folks,

Today will mark the start of us revealing more of the nitty-gritty details of Game Update 5.2. Let’s start at the beginning; who can access Iokath and how do you do so? We really wanted to ensure that as many players as possible are able to access the new content. With that in mind, here we go:

• There is only one requirement to be able to access the new story content in 5.2, the character must be level 70.
  • You do not need to have an active subscription to play the story content, but in order to have a level 70 you must have subscribed since KOTET launched. Also, normal restrictions still apply, so you must be a subscriber to access the Gods from the Machine Operation.
  • The character does not need to have completed KOTFE or KOTET to play the new story. However, it is highly recommended that you have. There will be spoilers to those storylines if you have not played them. Also, if you have not completed KOTFE and KOTET, default choices will be assumed in the new storyline which may not match your preference.
    • Playing Iokath will not affect your KOTFE or KOTET gameplay in any way (such as advancing the story, etc).

[*]To launch the new storyline, head to your ship’s Mission terminal where you can accept the Mission “The Forgotten World.”

If you have any questions about who can access Iokath or how to get there, let me know below. We will be continuing to post more updates throughout the week so keep your eyes peeled.

-eric

ERIC, my agent got the lana romance bug in KOTET (kotfe went fine) am I able to romance with lana in this content update? and yes I did sided with her in EVERY dialogue in all previous content, including the cantina.

If possible, can you please fix my romance progression with her, I also sent you a PM

thank you

Eric? Can you explain what we should remove off our Elara's and Quinn's before 5.2 drops? Because I know that wen you start KOTFE the equipped items get mailed back to my characters, but I ran into multiple bugs with Kaliyo, Jorgan and Gault where they had items equipped that were removed with 4.0 (The companion specific weapons of which I am still mad they were removed) and when they were removed from my companion list because chapter 10,11 and 12 were added, most items were returned but not all. I am very concerned about Elara mainly, as she has a weapon equipped that was removed from the game, (Mako to, but this will give a test for when she retruns) and don't want it removed without getting it back. Because I have other weapons removed from the game due to bugs, and when asking CS about it, they sent back a different weapon (even though I listed what weapon it was and the item code) and they said "Sorry, hopefully this works."

Also, any update on the companion color unify bug? or the main player character chest piece replacement bug in KOTFE and KOTET cut scenes? They ruin immersion which is one of the main reasons I play.

Thanks for the info about Iokath and looking forward to more info. :)

Eric,

As punctuation matters and playing word police I need to say thank you for the update but my analytical side happen to pick up on something I would like for you to address further:

[*]You do not need to have an active subscription to play the story content, but in order to have a level 70 you must have subscribed since KOTET launched. Also, normal restrictions still apply, so you must be a subscriber to access the Gods from the Machine Operation.

I have questions on the bold part of your statement. Based on what you stated, you need to be Level 70. I get that. So far it reads if I was subbed at launch and got to level 70 then unsubbed I can play the story part. However, with the bold part you state you need to be subbed since launch, which counters the prior point. Also what about people who subbed up after launch - they excluded too since you stated it needed to be since launch?

Again I think it means if you have a lvl 70 if subbed or unsubbed you good, but the way it is worded makes me wonder. The operation (will some of the operation since you stated it would be WIP thru the end of the year) of course is sub only.

Thanks,

Blak

Eric,

As punctuation matters and playing word police I need to say thank you for the update but my analytical side happen to pick up on something I would like for you to address further:

I have questions on the bold part of your statement. Based on what you stated, you need to be Level 70. I get that. So far it reads if I was subbed at launch and got to level 70 then unsubbed I can play the story part. However, with the bold part you state you need to be subbed since launch, which counters the prior point. Also what about people who subbed up after launch - they excluded too since you stated it needed to be since launch?

Again I think it means if you have a lvl 70 if subbed or unsubbed you good, but the way it is worded makes me wonder. The operation (will some of the operation since you stated it would be WIP thru the end of the year) of course is sub only.

Thanks,

Blak

I don't think you can get to 70 without subbing one month. I think that's what that means. You need level 70 toons

Eric...will starting Iokath also unlock Odessan for those who haven't opened it up yet?

Eric,

If we haven't started KOTFE/KOTET with a character and proceed to do the Iokath story, will this allow that character access to the Eternal Championship or is Ch9 of KOTFE still a completion requirement?

I'd guess that if they follow the precedent they set with the boosted characters and character ships, story titles, etc., I would guess the answer would be "No, you still need to go through KotFE chapters 1-9 to unlock Odessen and EC." Boosted characters are "credited" with story completion with default choices, yet they must still complete a "mission" to get their ships and they do not get any story titles. I believe that characters that have not actually completed chapters 1-3 are given "default" choices for content they did not actually complete, but not any associated titles for that content, as well.

Getting "credit" for default choices for KotFE and KotET should not, IMO, allow the player to bypass the requirement of actually completing chapters 1-9 of KotFE to unlock Odessen or EC. That is just my opinion, however.

Characters that haven't started the "KOTFE and KOTET" story, they will be eiligible to play the new content on Iokath, and after this can play the two previous story content, (or 3, including Makeb) without affecting the story?

I think yes. After starting KoTET on one of my alts i was still able to clear Oricon and Makeb stories. And as they mentioned, you don't need to clear KotFE and KotET to go to Iokath, so I would not worry about that.

[*]The character does not need to have completed KOTFE or KOTET to play the new story. However, it is highly recommended that you have. There will be spoilers to those storylines if you have not played them. Also, if you have not completed KOTFE and KOTET, default choices will be assumed in the new storyline which may not match your preference.

• Playing Iokath will not affect your KOTFE or KOTET gameplay in any way (such as advancing the story, etc).

-eric

How does that work? The vast majority of my characters want nothing to do with the Knight of Valkorian's Daytime Soap, but they'll have default choices made for them going to the daily area that won't count if they ever inflict the actual chapters on themselves later?

• [*]There is only one requirement to be able to access the new story content in 5.2, the character must be level 70.

You do not need to have an active subscription to play the story content, but in order to have a level 70 you must have subscribed since KOTET launched. Also, normal restrictions still apply, so you must be a subscriber to access the Gods from the Machine Operation.

Do you need to be lvl 70 to access the new operation or is storymode doable with lvl 50+ as all the other storymodes?

• Dev Post
Do you need to be lvl 70 to access the new operation or is storymode doable with lvl 50+ as all the other storymodes?

You can access it via groupfinder at level 50 as with other story modes. You will be bolstered accordingly.

I also confirmed that you do not need to complete the story to access the Operation.

-eric

You can access it via groupfinder at level 50 as with other story modes. You will be bolstered accordingly.

I also confirmed that you do not need to complete the story to access the Operation.

-eric

how will that work with group finder rewards and it only being 1 boss?

Hey folks,

Today will mark the start of us revealing more of the nitty-gritty details of Game Update 5.2. Let’s start at the beginning; who can access Iokath and how do you do so? We really wanted to ensure that as many players as possible are able to access the new content. With that in mind, here we go:

• There is only one requirement to be able to access the new story content in 5.2, the character must be level 70.
  • You do not need to have an active subscription to play the story content, but in order to have a level 70 you must have subscribed since KOTET launched. Also, normal restrictions still apply, so you must be a subscriber to access the Gods from the Machine Operation.
  • The character does not need to have completed KOTFE or KOTET to play the new story. However, it is highly recommended that you have. There will be spoilers to those storylines if you have not played them. Also, if you have not completed KOTFE and KOTET, default choices will be assumed in the new storyline which may not match your preference.

[*]To launch the new storyline, head to your ship’s Mission terminal where you can accept the Mission “The Forgotten World.”

If you have any questions about who can access Iokath or how to get there, let me know below. We will be continuing to post more updates throughout the week so keep your eyes peeled.

-eric

Will all companions still be removed from whatever character decides to access the storyline? I am certainly not going through the garbage of having to regain companions on any of my characters because of that nonsense. If companions are going to be removed from any and all future story content that is even slightly related to the storylines of 4.0 and 5.0, when can players expect to see story content that has no relation to the Keeping up with the Valkorian storyline?

Will all companions still be removed from whatever character decides to access the storyline? I am certainly not going through the garbage of having to regain companions on any of my characters because of that nonsense. If companions are going to be removed from any and all future story content that is even slightly related to the storylines of 4.0 and 5.0, when can players expect to see story content that has no relation to the Keeping up with the Valkorian storyline?

You get get all of your class companions back if you start KotFE by completing Chapter 9 and/or (Unsure which) To Find A Findsman; and using the companion return terminal, at which point they participate about as much as they did after your class stories ended.

How does that work? The vast majority of my characters want nothing to do with the Knight of Valkorian's Daytime Soap, but they'll have default choices made for them going to the daily area that won't count if they ever inflict the actual chapters on themselves later?

gawd, I think I love you for saying this...

exactly my question when I read Eric's post.

• 2 weeks later...

This is part of what I'd really like to know.

I like the majority of my characters way too much to inflict KotFE/ET on them. I created new characters specifically to go through the Zakuul fiasco and I liked 2/3rds of them too much to make them suffer through it.

Whether or not the new daily area is subjectively playable at all, depends entirely on how much KotFE/ET stink gets forced onto any character doing the story to access it.

Edited by docbenwayddo