Is HK-47 on steroids?

Seriously whats up with him? We went into the Foundry today all mid 30s and he just completely destroyed us over and over again. He begins spamming his Snipe ability for a good 3000 dmg on random people and we found no way to stop it. It was just completely unhealable. If he hits the same person twice in a row they are just dead before you can heal them up and even if you do manage to keep everyone up your resources dry up fast. In the best case we'd get through the first part of the fight and through the first power core phase but be completely out of cooldowns and just die afterwards.

He was never like this in beta, I don't recall him throwing out some 2500-3000 DPS like that.... Its like we're fighting the level 50 version at level 35.

I think its good that some of the boss fights are hard!

I'm all for hard, but this wasn't healable like this. Even if I had unlimited heat I would not have been able to heal through it, his DPS was about double my HPS spamming my strongest heal nonstop. If he hit the same person twice they went from full health to dead in about 2 seconds.

I remember him sniping in beta, but he would do it occasionally mixing it up with the flamethrower and the knockback. Now hes spamming it non stop after a few seconds into the fight and never using his regular attack, flamethrower, or anything else.

I found it very weird because his damage output was about three times as much as any boss we'd fought previously in any flashpoint. It felt very unusual and in beta we never had any problems like this, he hurt when he had his adds out but not to the point where you couldn't even heal it with cooldowns up.

Edited by Lightmgl

HK 47 is iconic, he better be ******.

That said, I remember him sniping non-stop in Beta too, but he only gets 2-3 snipes per phase, no? Giving you time to heal up during the immobile phase

He was sniping upwards of 6 or 7 times in a row doing him today.

He would do part 1 normally, flamethrower > knockback > 3 snipes

Teleport, summon adds

Then 7-8 snipes in a row. In the few times we were lucky enough to survive it due to good RNG he would then teleport to the middle and activate the power core. As soon as we freed him he would begin nonstop sniping again. We made sure he was always tanked and always had someone in melee range so that wasn't the issue.

I remember him doing the 2-3 snipes in a row in beta but I don't remember them two shotting people. This was just chains of 3k hits over and over again, if it hit the same person two times in a row it was just game over. When the adds were out on top of the snipes the damage going out was nowhere near healable.

Edited by Lightmgl

Had party consisted of people with level 31, 31, 32 and 33.

Finally some fight where you did not have to just stand there and press buttons - like the previous one with the Foundry guardian... -,-

Still, it is rather easy. All you have to do is keep adds away from the group if you are tank and heal people that are being targeted by his snipe ability if you are healer, that is all there is.

Sad thing is that while HK-47 is a bit harder, all other bosses are just a tank'n'spank joke. Even Revan was so damn easy. He just got huge health pool but does no dmg at all. This makes fight with him a bit boring.

If you ask me, BioWare should tune up DMG dealt by bosses on all flashpoints imo.

Edited by Deviss

Haven't had a hard boss-fight since Vanilla WoW.

Games are too much on rails, and people whine if they can't oneshot a boss in a pug, while they watch footie on TV at the same time.

But I have no doubt that all challenge will get watered down fast. Unfortunately that's how it always goes these days =(

Games are too much on rails, and people whine if they can't oneshot a boss in a pug, while they watch footie on TV at the same time.

But I have no doubt that all challenge will get watered down fast. Unfortunately that's how it always goes these days =(

I have the same issue, I just think is just the mentality of all people nowadays they want everything fast free and with no challenge. Imo they spoiled little brats who start to wine wenn they can't complete anything.

They dont get they ruining it for alot of other people but he they dont care, spoiled little ego's

/Rant off!!

Edited by phfct

Maybe if you'd like to suggest a strategy to said people rather than "You suck don't whine" then your precious challenge might be maintained.

By the way the day after I posted this, he resumed his normal correct behavior of 3 snipes in a row and while still hard was definitely quite killable.

Still no clue *** was up that first day, he was definitely bugged. We should've tried resetting the instance.

Edited by Lightmgl

By the way the day after I posted this, he resumed his normal correct behavior of 3 snipes in a row and while still hard was definitely quite killable.

Still no clue *** was up that first day, he was definitely bugged. We should've tried resetting the instance.

Did you try interrupts?

Did you try interrupts?

Look at his buffs next time you run it. Here's a hint:

http://www.torhead.com/ability/4h9Ttrq

Me and my fiancee ran into the same issue with Snipe last night when we did this place. He just hung back and spammed 3k damage hits over and over. She (sith sorc, full healing spec) could not heal the damage.

Couldn't tell if whether he used it or not was linked to the adds being up at the time, my suspicion is that the adds need to die quick and then he just stops using it. If this is the case then it's just a simple matter of focus firing the adds down quickly, even saving cooldowns to take them out. We were 3 manning with my Vette and a 34 sorc DPS spec, so that could have been the problem.

This fight has a very predictable rhythm. Just make sure that your group consists of people close to lvl 36 (we finished with me tanking at 37, a healer at 32, and two DPS at 32 and 35).

As far as tips go, make sure your tank is aware and picking up the adds. Determine which add (left or right) to kill first and keep it consistent wave to wave. And be quick about disengaging the locks. When the boss comes back make sure to ignore him until the adds are dead. I mean it's all very simple stuff. And when he snipes a DPS can help the healer by off healin. We had him bug out on one phase and spam snipe and we got through it with CDs.

I'm all for hard, but this wasn't healable like this. Even if I had unlimited heat I would not have been able to heal through it, his DPS was about double my HPS spamming my strongest heal nonstop. If he hit the same person twice they went from full health to dead in about 2 seconds.

I remember him sniping in beta, but he would do it occasionally mixing it up with the flamethrower and the knockback. Now hes spamming it non stop after a few seconds into the fight and never using his regular attack, flamethrower, or anything else.

I found it very weird because his damage output was about three times as much as any boss we'd fought previously in any flashpoint. It felt very unusual and in beta we never had any problems like this, he hurt when he had his adds out but not to the point where you couldn't even heal it with cooldowns up.

Its not "unhealable" as I've done it as a Merc at appropriate level.

1. MOVE OUT OF THE FIRE. Seriously. If the flamethrower is on you, MOVE.

2. Turn and kill adds ASAP. If you have 2, CC one of the smaller droids that come out of the tubes

3. In "Massacre / Slaughter" mode or whatever HK calls it, he will focus one person. Heal that one person.

Make sure you keep gas on the ground and Kolto Missiles flying for the extra heals.

Crying about it doesnt help. This is the state of MMOs.

And the casuals begin whining that fights are to hard. We went in 1 shot everything in that dungeon, its literally a joke how easy this **** is.

Its supposed to be easy lol. Its not supposed to be unbeatable. Its a leveling flashpoint. Get a clue Mr. Hardcore.

And the casuals begin whining that fights are to hard. We went in 1 shot everything in that dungeon, its literally a joke how easy this **** is.

Don't hate on all casuals, until it goes freep (hopefully never) our monthly payment and low logon time help keep costs and queue size down for the full on hardcore out there!

:ph_thank_you:

Yeah, sure it is easy if the fight works properly. But right now it seems to bug more often than not making it rather hard. Especially the nice "cannot see the target" on slopes. All I have to say is nice work testing the game to the people who were in the beta.