So when do we get the Appearance Tab?

Ohoni

Agreed. BioWare has an OCD issue about the issue of "progression" which is so unfortunate for many players who prefer the 'simpler' (and ironically, the more iconic) looks in the earlier levels. I'm still holding on to the awesome looking duster on my Sniper that I looked around level 17 or so; hoping that MAYBE, I'll be able to actually wear it and be useful in it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never.

It isn't needed.

Modable armor already exists for a huge range of gear. It may not have everything right now, but it is simple to add a modable set for existing armors.

The tab would hurt crafters who are already pretty screwed as it is and the moded armor system is better than some artificial tab.

The moment BioWare makes all gear moddable I would agree, otherwise the current system is far from perfect. :)

The issue I have is that currently it costs credits to swap mods. I like the idea of changing me gear 1-2 times a day. But that would put me back 70-140k a day, or 490-980k a week.

Options:

A) Add appearance tabs

B) Remove mod removal costs.

Option B is better, we already know they have the ability to reduce mod removal costs, now all they have to do is reduce the costs to ZERO.

it is in the works a means to color armor. the moddable gear is this games mechanic to have a unique appearance and it is here to stay. in other words desire and ask all you want for appearance tabs but it wont ever happen as there is a means already in place.

The issue I have is that currently it costs credits to swap mods. I like the idea of changing me gear 1-2 times a day. But that would put me back 70-140k a day, or 490-980k a week.

Options:

A) Add appearance tabs

B) Remove mod removal costs.

Option B is better, we already know they have the ability to reduce mod removal costs, now all they have to do is reduce the costs to ZERO.

Obviously the cheaper option in the long term for you is to buy however many mods it takes to fill all the gear you feel like wearing. It cannot cost more than 2 million credits (that's how much you are spending a month).

I would love an appearance tab as well, but only because my favorite looking gear is mostly green and blue low-to-mid level gear... If I could mod those I wouldn't care though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Another little function I think would be nice is, example...Alot of my friends dislike the Knight's Rakata chest "only" for those shoulders. I've seen some NPCs with certain armors but with less plating that we get? Wondering if we could ( along with color/dye kits. ) Have a way of just...taking off bits of armor? And whenever we DO get color/dye kits....do NOT....restrict colors to alignment.

" But everyone will be in black!" - " So....everyone will look baddass. "

Looks matter, in all things. I just hit 50, and now have to choose between being somewhat gimped, or looking like a complete fool. Personal style is very important.

No appearance tab is nonsense to me. People don't just wear what they find or are given.

If visuals didn't matter, we'd all be playing D&D instead of this. As for crafters, it's your choice to craft, no one made you.

I'll go even further and say, appearance-wise, anyone should be able to wear anything. Clothes and armor are not just going to pop off of you when trying to wear them and say, "whoops, you're not right for this". Heavy, medium and light should only be there as a mechanic. Visually, it doesn't matter. A quick glance at history will show, whatever armor is made, a weapon is soon made that will penetrate it.

Edited by urukuexone
addition