Chapter 2 or 3 for class buff?

Qwurdilu

This pobably has been asked before (hopefully). But is it possible (i hope not) to stack mirror classes buffs. For example you have finished act 2 with a SW and finished act 2 on a JK and get both of the class buffs for any toons you play.

And another question is it possible for a Sith toon to get Jedi buffs and vice versa?

They do not stack cross-class, as mentioned in the DevPost.

They do apply cross-faction. If you have the Jedi Knight buff unlocked, then go play a Sith Inquisitor, the Inquisitor buff will also give you the Sith Warrior buff, since it is the Imperial version of the Knight's.

Is it also bound to a specific lvl, or is it possible to be pulled trhough classquests by a lvl 50 friend until chapter2?

No, it is not.

The quest you get on the orbital station on Quesh has a level requirement. That quest (to get inoculated before going down to the planet) is required to use the shuttle to go to the surface.

In other words, if you are too low of a level to get the inoculation quest on the station you cannot go to the surface at all, and you cannot advance your class quest. Since Chapter finishes after Hoth, and Quesh is before Hoth, then you cannot be powerleveled thru the class quest. beyond Quesh.

Have you played this class?

Operative healers have gotten a nice little buff in 1.2. We are actually quite viable now, and have had our energy issues by and large eliminated with the PTS. It's a great time to be an op healer.

On both sides actually, Scrapper & Operative... and no i dont want to be forced to a heal role to be Raid/RankedPvP - worthy... had the same as WoW-Druid in classic, and dont care to do ever again.

Isn't this is wrong, you'd only need 3 40's (or so. one of each class) to have all four buffs, provided you're not playing a duplicate class?

Assuming ur playing the 4th toon, yes. Your first three toon will be missing one buff from ur 4th toon =)

Clarification begins...now.

The class buff unlocks occur when a character finishes Chapter 2. At that point, that character's class buff is unlocked for all characters of his legacy.

Each class' buff applies all of your unlocked class buffs with a single click. It's not 4 buttons you have to keep on your quickbar. One click, all the buffs.

An example: I have an Imperial Agent that finishes Chapter 2. The Agent unlocks his class buff for my legacy. I now go log onto my level 1 Sith Inquisitor. When my Sith Inquisitor casts Mark of Power, it ALSO applies the effects of Coordination, since I have unlocked the Agent's buff.

Furthermore, to get the full set of buffs, you only need to unlock 4 classes. Unlocking the buff for Agent and Smuggler still only nets you a single buff effect, so you can't stack their +Crit bonuses together. (Because that might be a wee bit overpowered. Maybe.)

Clarification ends... now.

Awesome name.

Are you by chance scottish and have a tendancy to weilding large swords and inspiring men in kilts whilst attacking english armies?

Why o why are we being punished for wanting to focus on a single char?

I find it downright ridicolous having to level alts through PvE I cba doing and end up with chars I have no desire to play...

By only playing one character you forgo the following:

1) New Race/Class Combinations

You can't apply the newly unlocked race/class combos to an existing character so you do not benefit from this feature. However, you already settled down with your main character so this shouldn't be such a big deal; it's just a cosmetic + social ability change. Down the line they may offer a $10 fee to change your character's race, so when that happens you can still purchase the race unlock with in-game credits.

Conclusion: you don't lose anything.

2) Multi-class Buff

This one hurts for sure...but not really. This only hurts the solo game since you don't have teammates supplying the other three class buffs. Most end-game content will be group content so you are going to have all the buffs anyway.

Conclusion: you lose in the solo game, something you won't be engaging in much by nature of settling down with a main character.

3) Legacy Class Heroic Abilities

Similar to #2, you lose some solo ability when you engage in your Heroic Moment, which requires a companion. The abilities may be powerful and fun to play with, but you won't ever use them in flashpoints, operations, or warzones with other players. At best, these abilities will be useful to solo heroic 2s and maybe some heroic 4s during level up or if you are bored and overgeared at max level.

By only playing one character you forgo the following:

1) New Race/Class Combinations

You can't apply the newly unlocked race/class combos to an existing character so you do not benefit from this feature. However, you already settled down with your main character so this shouldn't be such a big deal; it's just a cosmetic + social ability change. Down the line they may offer a $10 fee to change your character's race, so when that happens you can still purchase the race unlock with in-game credits.

Conclusion: you don't lose anything.

2) Multi-class Buff

This one hurts for sure...but not really. This only hurts the solo game since you don't have teammates supplying the other three class buffs. Most end-game content will be group content so you are going to have all the buffs anyway.

Conclusion: you lose in the solo game, something you won't be engaging in much by nature of settling down with a main character.

3) Legacy Class Heroic Abilities

Similar to #2, you lose some solo ability when you engage in your Heroic Moment, which requires a companion. The abilities may be powerful and fun to play with, but you won't ever use them in flashpoints, operations, or warzones with other players. At best, these abilities will be useful to solo heroic 2s and maybe some heroic 4s during level up or if you are bored and overgeared at max level.

Actually, you are a little wrong on points 2 and 3. You are making an assumption that someone who focuses on a single character is a raider or a pve whore. Both of these bonuses should be purchasable for the solo character players. Otherwise, what else is left for us other than a mailbox on our ship and a GTN you will hardly use?

This legacy stuff is so dissapointing it hurts ...

Actually, you are a little wrong on points 2 and 3. You are making an assumption that someone who focuses on a single character is a raider or a pve whore. Both of these bonuses should be purchasable for the solo character players. Otherwise, what else is left for us other than a mailbox on our ship and a GTN you will hardly use?

I already addressed your point. The problem is that there is no end-game solo PvE content yet so this doesn't affect a player who prefers to focus on only one character. The only end-game solo content is Warzones at the moment, and you cannot use your Heroic Moment in those situations.

We need to wait for the solo Flashpoint to come out in 1.3 or 1.4 before complaining that single-character players get shafted by the Legacy system, but in that patch I'm pretty sure they will implement some sort of concessions for them anyway.

By nature, this game is supposed to be alt-friendly: it's a story-driven MMO that encourages you to play all the classes to get a larger understanding of the entire Old Republic period. There's absolutely no problem if people prefer to play this like a traditional MMO and stick with only one character, but this game was always primarily designed for story-driven Bioware RPG fans wishing to engage with other players online and so they will always support this core set of followers.

Edited by Mapex

Indeed, particularly #2 hurts really bad. I PvP just to name one thing and I cannot rely on other group members to buff me everytime I eat dirt. To be competitive in PvP I have to PvE some characters through chapter 2... if only that made any sense. If anything they should encourage groupplay to just small extent.

Honestly it seems Bioware are confused and without focus in some of these changes they make.

Clarification begins...now.

The class buff unlocks occur when a character finishes Chapter 2. At that point, that character's class buff is unlocked for all characters of his legacy.

Each class' buff applies all of your unlocked class buffs with a single click. It's not 4 buttons you have to keep on your quickbar. One click, all the buffs.

An example: I have an Imperial Agent that finishes Chapter 2. The Agent unlocks his class buff for my legacy. I now go log onto my level 1 Sith Inquisitor. When my Sith Inquisitor casts Mark of Power, it ALSO applies the effects of Coordination, since I have unlocked the Agent's buff.

Furthermore, to get the full set of buffs, you only need to unlock 4 classes. Unlocking the buff for Agent and Smuggler still only nets you a single buff effect, so you can't stack their +Crit bonuses together. (Because that might be a wee bit overpowered. Maybe.)

Clarification ends... now.

Looks like I'll dust off that Bounty Hunter I have =)

Indeed, particularly #2 hurts really bad. I PvP just to name one thing and I cannot rely on other group members to buff me everytime I eat dirt. To be competitive in PvP I have to PvE some characters through chapter 2... if only that made any sense. If anything they should encourage groupplay to just small extent.

Honestly it seems Bioware are confused and without focus in some of these changes they make.

You do have a point: usually I get all the buffs in the starting spawn area in a WZ, but after the match starts I respawn and only have myself to buff. This means I'm going to be at a disadvantage if I do not have all four class buffs unlocked.

However, I think this can be fixed in a more user-friendly way: your class buff shouldn't disappear on Warzone death. This would avoid people needing to farm up Legacy characters just to stay competitive in PvP, especially in unranked with less coordinated teams, and would help provide a slight balance bonus in PvP regardless to make sure the field is always level everytime you respawn.

lol I stopped playing my assassin at level 45 because I was having fun leveling my Sniper. Might have to put my sniper aside and finish the assassin. Those buffs are nice buffs.

Edit: oops! lol didn't realize that fight was the end of chapter 2. I am quite aways past that.

Edited by Technohic

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe the attitudes of some people. Moaning because they can't have all 4 buffs by default on their much-loved main.

May I just ask; why on earth should you be able to buy this ability with credits? Just because someone else has something that they put in the time to acquire does not mean you deserve it for yourself by default.

If you want all four buffs at once, get your a** to low level planets and play 3 other alts.

Sorry if i sound a little argumentative here but it really gets on my nerves when people expect things for no effort whatsoever.

I can't believe the attitudes of some people. Moaning because they can't have all 4 buffs by default on their much-loved main.

May I just ask; why on earth should you be able to buy this ability with credits? Just because someone else has something that they put in the time to acquire does not mean you deserve it for yourself by default.

If you want all four buffs at once, get your a** to low level planets and play 3 other alts.

Sorry if i sound a little argumentative here but it really gets on my nerves when people expect things for no effort whatsoever.

A lot of the legacy stuff actually CAN be purchased with credits provided your legacy level is high enough. From what I've seen it's also a ton of credits which is typically also...time spent playing the game.

I fail to see your complaint here.

So.

Out of all the legacy stuff that is purchased with credits to bypass the other requirements, this is the one they decided to not let be purchased by my 10+ million credits I've saved in anticipation of this? I'm legacy level 41, social 9 almost 10, valor 67, full rakata tank and full BM gear.

Yet now I've got to level alts to continue to be level in pvp, even though I've put all this time into my main? I ant fully enjoy and play my main until I've leveled 3 alts just to be on the same damn footing as someone with altitis? How does this make any sense?

Sigh. Just prepurchased guild wars2 when I read rateds weren't in.

Can't come soon enough.

A lot of the legacy stuff actually CAN be purchased with credits provided your legacy level is high enough. From what I've seen it's also a ton of credits which is typically also...time spent playing the game.

I fail to see your complaint here.

Yea, granted you can already buy other stuff but a) that is also wrong and two wrongs don't make a right and b) that stuff is pretty crap and we are talking about the 4 buffs because it gives a nice advantage in pvp.

The high amount of credits you talk about is also moot imo because credit collection runs concurrently with your lvl-process/raiding/fun. You can't therefor say, 'oh well it costs alot of credits' because credits are easy to obtain.

I am complaining because people who put time into 1 character should be made to grind something to get something. You can't have something in life for nothing. They are already used to grinding instances for full rakata gear so why not grind a little with low-level alts? Shall i tell you why? Because they don't want to. They can't be bothered. They are not willing to put in any effort to get something they actually want. The only reason these kind of people even make the grind for full rakata is because they actually want to do that so that barely even counts as effort.

I have dummy question .. I can't get it .. I have two characters lvl-up to 50. I did all class quests... and it says I have to finish chapter 3.

1. Where I can find quests for chapter 3?

2. How many characters I have to have and up to what level to get buff

3. Where I can see on what chapter I' am

I have dummy question .. I can't get it .. I have two characters lvl-up to 50. I did all class quests... and it says I have to finish chapter 3.

1. Where I can find quests for chapter 3?

2. How many characters I have to have and up to what level to get buff

3. Where I can see on what chapter I' am

1. most end on corellia and it should be your class quests. Hitting 50 does not mean you finished until you play through all those quests; although you should get the buffs after finishing chapter 2

2. For the BUFF[/ba](emphaisis on just the buff, not the heroic moment ability) you just need 1 character who has that class buff to complete chapter 2. For the heroic moment (like lightning storm on non-inquisitor class) you need level 50

3. When you log in and it tells the recent part of your story, it says what chapter you are in.

That said, you are either missing something or not telling us something right or are bugged somehow.