Someone ninja'd the new mount

Ayelinna

The leader changed to master loot about 10 seconds before we took down Xeno HM.

They changed the loot rules during combat, and the mount dropped and they took it for themselves.

All 15 people in the raid were pretty annoyed.

Well done Bioware.

inbefore "make your own group". Oh I will with one of my alts.

Edited by Ayelinna

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that you can't change loot in combat. It this not the case?

Nope, you can.

The group leader said a load of crap bout being "loot robin, everyone gets equal chance" then they changed to master loot right before the boss died and took the mount, and all the gear it dropped.

And you blame BW for that. Try blaming the people without morals and ethics. It's like blaming the fireman that the fire started.

Yeah i'm blaming Bioware for letting the people without morals and ethics get away with it.

I find it upsetting that the loot distribution in this game is following in the footsteps of vanilla and classic wow, without having just skipped those turbulent times and gone straight to Wrath & beyond. You had 8 years of someone else's trial and error to learn from BioWare, why make the community go thru unnecesary growing pains?

And you blame BW for that. Try blaming the people without morals and ethics. It's like blaming the fireman that the fire started.

To be fair being able to change loot mid-combat (if that's what really happened) is a really big no-no in these kinds of games.

This sucks and there should be rules against it. But honestly there are sometimes legitimate reasons for someone to change the loot rules during the fight.

If you lead a progression raid, sometimes because of assigning cc, roles, or anything else you may forget to set master looter.

The only solution I can really see would be a prompt to come up and confirm with the majority of the rest of the group during combat.

But blaming Bioware for an obvious ******e is moronic.

A progression raid usually consists of people from the same guild who know and trust each other.

To be fair being able to change loot mid-combat (if that's what really happened) is a really big no-no in these kinds of games.

Yeah, I'm not sure how the ability to change the loot system mid-fight isn't also a problem here. Sure, the person who actually did it is a huge jerk and deserves to be shunned, but the game shouldn't have allowed it in the first place. I'm honestly really surprised it is...

I find it upsetting that the loot distribution in this game is following in the footsteps of vanilla and classic wow, without having just skipped those turbulent times and gone straight to Wrath & beyond. You had 8 years of someone else's trial and error to learn from BioWare, why make the community go thru unnecesary growing pains?

Um, What exactly did WoW change in Wrath with Loot. The only thing that I have seen that has any relation to what happened here that WoW has done is in the lowest level of raids Gear is assigned, and this was introcuded a few months ago...

If you can indeed change loot rules while in combat (and I can't believe I'm saying that) but I actually agree with Ayelinna on this one. That shouldn't be the case.

However, I find it interesting that the OP wrote this in another thread

And if the group is on master looter....well anyone can just ninja the vehicle

just a couple hours ago and it happened to her already :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm not sure how the ability to change the loot system mid-fight isn't also a problem here. Sure, the person who actually did it is a huge jerk and deserves to be shunned, but the game shouldn't have allowed it in the first place. I'm honestly really surprised it is...

Exactly, I didn't even know you could change the loot rules mid-fight before today.

It should not be allowed in this game.

Exactly, I didn't even know you could change the loot rules mid-fight before today.

It should not be allowed in this game.

Is it possible that the leader somehow dropped combat and changed it?

Strange... last time when I had forgotten to put "Master looter" on in a raid with guests, I had to wait to get out of combat, before I was allowed to make the change.

Now I read that someone changed it in mid fight... and I hear it by a source that I call unreliable at best.

Well, file a bug report then.

And if that guy sees a mount as precious enough to make it on 15 ignore lists at the same time... more power to them.

Yeah, at no point should you be able to change loot rules mid-fight. That just lets losers do stupid crap like this.

It's ignorant to believe that this type of behavior should be expected in a PuG. A lot of PuG's are good but there are individual scumbags out there that will behave like this, and it IS EA/BW responsibility to do everything in their power to ensure that behavior like that can not happen.

They can very easily make the loot rules unchangeable after combat starts, and it is a very good idea that other MMO's figured out long ago.

Um, What exactly did WoW change in Wrath with Loot. The only thing that I have seen that has any relation to what happened here that WoW has done is in the lowest level of raids Gear is assigned, and this was introcuded a few months ago...

The Need/Greed system went thru several iterations of minor changes, including not being allowed to need on items that are not relevant to your armor or weapon proficiencies, disenchanting/salvaging directly thru the menu at greed level, setting your loot specialization as something other than your active spec, item quality thresholds for rolls in the first place, exception rules for rep items or lockboxes, and probably a few other tweaks I don't totally remember. Most of it was fine-tuned in Wrath and they added on smarter options like that off-spec preferences only recently, but it stands that BioWare should have copied more of those options from the get-go.