Slicing + what other crew skills

Venimer

I am looking into what crew skills I should end up going with on my Agent. I am going to be going slicing but the choice comes down to.

- 2 other gathering/mission skills for pure credits

- cybertech and either underworld trading or scavenging(buying the mats of the one i don't pick)

- biochem and bioanalysis(buying the diplomacy mats)

- armstech or armor tech for augment crafting

anyone have any input?

I am looking into what crew skills I should end up going with on my Agent. I am going to be going slicing but the choice comes down to.

- cybertech and either underworld trading or scavenging(buying the mats of the one i don't pick)

anyone have any input?

I've got one toon that I have gone each of the first two ways with. Both worked out pretty well for me.

If you actually decide to craft something, you may find you won't be able to buy the raw materials off of the GTN for the harvesting crew skill you don't pick or they may be real expensive as you level so if you really want to craft then you should consider skipping slicing. If you want pure credits, I'd go slicing and 2 harvesting skills (bioanalysis, scavenging or archeology). Personally I'd go scavenging and archeology because those items seem to be lacking on the GTN, again on my server. Anyway look at whats got a ton of stuff and what is missing a lot of materials on the GTN for your server and then make your decision.

One of my alts went slicing/archeology/bioanalysis. I make a decent amount of coin slicing the slicing nodes out in the world while running missions and I mail any harvested materials to one of my other alts that craft and can use those materials. Archeology materials are fed to either my synthweaver or my Artificer while bioanalysis materials go to my biochem guy. Scavenging also feeds 3 crafting classes Armormech, Armstech, and Cybertech. Bigger demand for Archeology and Scavenging materials although there are a lot of biochem guys out there too.

Thanks for the input so far, if I was to focus on augment crafting which crew skill would be best to go with out of armortech, armstech and synthweaving(with a agent main i would assume armor or arms tech would be best)

the other question is better to go with the gathering skill or mission skill to go with slicing.

Well, Augment crafting is done by Synthweavers, Armormechs, and I don't remember the third crafting class that does augments. But the Augment raw materials are obtained through slicing missions. So if your going to do nothing but augments then you can pick up slicing as one of your crew skills with the other crew skill being the one you can harvest without running missions if you want (scavenging or Archeology depending on crafting class). If you want to make any blue or purple recipe's your at the mercy of the GTN for your special or rare crafting materials though.

Personally, I like to be as self sufficient as possible, so I have one of each crafting class and one pure harvester... I haven't done the Bounty Hunter yet on my current server and he will be a second pure harvester once I do create him. Each pure harvester will be the ones with slicing and then feed other harvested raw materials to the crafters that can use or need them. My main is already at 400/400 on Synthweave, Archeology and Underworld Trading and my Artificer isn't far behind even though he is much lower in adventure class level from my main. But I've been working my Trooper/Armormech lately and also using him to harvest raw materials for my other scavenging based crafters. So, if you eventually plan on have one of each core class, you can easily be self sufficient and rely on two pure harvesters for your augment raw materials.

• 11 months later...

My main has Slicing, Underworld Trading and Biochem(saves a lot of money)

I just sell Thermal Regulators and Beryllius

all of my alts have slicing(thermal regulators!!!) paired with synthweaving and armstech(+5 crit each) and mostly underworld trading or scavenging

Agents have pets with +Crit on Slicing and Underworld Trading. Take those.

If your goal is easy money, take another gathering profession, too, probably Bioanalysis or Scavenging.

If you want to make stuff, one of your pets has +Crit on Armormech.

If it's your main and you're going to keep doing stuff after you hit 55, Biochem can save you tons of money - 25,000 credits or more every time you click a stim, adrenal, or healing kit.

Edited by DarthTHC

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641204

Here is a thread that I gave some general and specific advice which you may find helpful. One thing to note about augment crafting is that it does not require mats from a Mission crew skill as the Slicing Tech part missions fills that need.

My first question is what is your Agent, Operative (stealth) or Sniper (no stealth)?

Second, how game activity do you enjoy and would like to spend the most time playing?

Ideal for a stealther but while the more gathering skills you know the more chasing down *’s on the mini map you will do which may distract you from what you’re having fun playing the game.

IMHO Cybertech is the most useful crew skill out there. Because of this, it’s not ideal to be paired with slicing as slicing does not directly supply mats for crafting.

To me this combo is best for a tanking raider, still even as a raider DPS or healz there is cost savings if you depend on consumables.

Certainly a viable combo, armor will also support your toon and alts, arms much less so with just barrels, but don’t discount synthweaving as Vector will appreciate someone who can craft light armor oranges along with everyone else.

-Joel