Legacy Promotion now expanded

GregZeschuk

QUESTION: I have an alt account that has an L32 currently, and reactivated a couple of days ago. If I get that L32 to 50 before the 22nd, will it still receive the free bonus month from this promotion?

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements:•Have an active subscription and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

OR have an active subscription with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

Your account must not be banned.

To be an active subscriber:

•You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

•You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So thier are players out there who have been with the game since day one and don't have a 50 or legacy 6?:confused:

Yes, there are.

Not everyone races to cap, or even cares about getting to cap.

Edited by Grisheub

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements:•Have an active subscription and have a Level 50 character by April 12, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

OR have an active subscription with a Legacy Level 6 account by April 22, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT.

Your account must not be banned.

To be an active subscriber:

•You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

•You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

Ahhh, good catch, I thought it was L50 *or* legacy 6 by the 22nd, guess that answers that ;).

So thier are players out there who have been with the game since day one and don't have a 50 or legacy 6?

Yes, there are.

Not everyone races to cap, or even cares about getting to cap.

Thats why everyone is upset! How are you loyal if you race to cap and have subbed for a month. As opposed to being an active sub since day one!!

legacy lvl 6 is easy to reach within the time the game has been out, its even easy to reach in a month. I had to take nearly 2 months off because i was in hospital and im still legacy lvl 37. Edited by Shingara

So thier are players out there who have been with the game since day one and don't have a 50 or legacy ?

Yup, that's me. Preordered the $150 version, but I wasn't seeing much at endgame, so I took things slow. I wasn't able to play this weekend without feeling forced to go for 50 by the 22nd. I learned from WOW that when I feel forced to play, it's time to leave. Luckily, my sub was up so I canceled. Too bad I already dumped almost $200 into the game. I really thought this one would keep my interest longer.

Being incentivized to play the way EA wants us to is just a bizarre decision on their part. I see no upside to this. I'm out $200 and EA loses a subscription from someone who paid for 7 years of WOW. Seems like a lose-lose promotion.

While this is an improvement in some ways over the original promotion (I now qualify for 30 free days) it's still not as good as it could be (my friends DON'T qualify, because they didn't unlock their legacies until a day or two ago, because they hadn't decided on surnames yet) and it's definitely not what it should have been. If you really want to be fair and award your paying customers with such a promotion, the method for deciding who gets rewarded is simple: anyone who has an active account and has paid for X months. It's not levels or legacy levels that provides your revenue, it's MONTHS PAID FOR.

It's a bit late now to simply change it completely, but at the very least you could add in an additional qualifier for anyone who currently has an active account and has paid for at least 4 months.

I admit that I am an altaholic but not realizing how this legacy levels work and having 8 characters all in or near the end of Chapter 1. After finally completing Chapter 1 with one of my alts I would have expected that the XP gained from my other alts would have gone into the legacy XP but instead I start with legacy of 0 and now have to grind to get to lvl 6.

As I only get to play a couple of hours a day due to other commitments there is no way I will be able to get the necessary legacy XP to lvl 6 within time.

A lot of my alts have high valor lvls but again this doesn't contribute as the previous XP/Valor gained is also ignored.

I must not be one of the loyal few..... and from the length of this thread I see I am not alone.

legacy lvl 6 is easy to reach within the time the game has been out, its even easy to reach in a month. I had to take nearly 2 months off because i was in hospital and im still legacy lvl 37.

It may be "easy" but that doesn't mean it's a goal for everyone.

I think some people confuse difficulty, with desire.

It may be "easy" but that doesn't mean it's a goal for everyone.

I think some people confuse difficulty, with desire.

You get legacy for everything you do, you kill something legacy, you find something, legacy, do space and tons of legacy. so its not a case of desire to difficulty.

The issue here is very simple... it comes down to desire, and respect.

How one desires to enjoy the game, is at the root of the issue here. BW, apparently still feels that only people who have played many characters to certain points, or one character to a certain point, are important. Yes, I feel comfortable using the word "important" because you certainly don't discount a group of people who are important... you only do that to people you don't care about.

It doesn't matter how many of you kids charged to 50, or think it's easy, or think it's easy to have Legacy 6. It may be "easy" but that doesn't mean it's necessarily desirable to everyone who plays the game. Some people brag about how fast they got to 50, or how fast they beat this game or that game... Good for them, and I sincerely hope they continue to enjoy all that SWTOR has to offer, but that's not my style. I'm a kick back and relax, have fun, and quest with my wife kinda person. Neither style is right, or wrong, but the simple fact is that BW has determined that the more relaxed players, who like to play up lots of characters to a certain point, in batches, are less important than those who rush to 50 and are somehow amazed that they're out of content.

I've played at least a few hours a week every week since early beta, through pre-release, and since launch. Often playing all day on Saturday and Sunday (all day to me being 6-7 hours). My highest character as of today is 45, below that, I have a handful of characters from 1 - 24 or so on various servers, as it took me a while to find one I was happy with.

I have, I think, Legacy level 3 right now on the server I've settled on. I honestly don't care about the money. I'm fortunate, in that $15 is not even a blip on the radar. The attitude from BW is the issue here, even now. I did and do thank them for expanding their offer, but I still feel it's not the 'right thing to do' so to speak.

So for those who continue to troll, attacking those of us who dare to play the game differently than you do, I would simply ask that you go back to stat crunching and trying to prove how amazing you are at a video game, while the adults maturely voice their opinions.

You get legacy for everything you do, you kill something legacy, you find something, legacy, do space and tons of legacy. so its not a case of desire to difficulty.

Sure... once you finish Chapter 1 with a character.

Once again, you make assumptions about people's play styles.

Why do you care anyway? This has no impact on you whatsoever.

Grisheub I totally agree with you, had I known that finishing chapter 1 would "unlock" my legacy and then (and only then ) do I start earning legacy xp maybe I would have rushed to finish chapter 1 with one of my alts. But like you I have a more relaxed playstyle and prefer to help others/guildies on flashpoints or PVP with them.

I also totally agree with you that it is not about the money but about the respect that BW is showing to the non-hardcore gamers who prefer to play a game than complete it. I am not the type of person to rage quit my subscription over this, but it does not sit well with me, the lack of respect not the money.

So for those who continue to troll, attacking those of us who dare to play the game differently than you do, I would simply ask that you go back to stat crunching and trying to prove how amazing you are at a video game, while the adults maturely voice their opinions.

I wouldn't call this the most mature of opinions either, if I'm honest. The implication in your post is that all rushers were rewarded, while all relaxed players were denied. You don't seem to acknowledge that there are likely thousands, if not more, players who took things pretty easily - who didn't do anything that could be possibly be conceivably considered 'rushing' - who will still benefit by a free month from this promotion.

It's entirely likely that more people who play like you will benefit from this than you realise. Lots of people who were slightly less relaxed than you, slightly more consistent, but still relaxed. It's too easy and frankly quite mendacious to seperate the playerbase into the wrongfully-rewarded crazy kids and the hard-done-by mature slow-players.

There was just a cut-off point, as there always would have had to be no matter what they offered. It could have been anywhere, you were just on the wrong side of it this time.

Edited by smartalectwo

Sure... once you finish Chapter 1 with a character.

Once again, you make assumptions about people's play styles.

Why do you care anyway? This has no impact on you whatsoever.

So then, how would you set the bar for this 'loyalty' gift. should bioware interview everyone to see there real life commitments, where does it stop being a loyalty gift and here everyone have a free month ?

You arent getting the point. This is a game that people pay to play how THEY want to. Not how others think they should play it. What so hard to get about that. Mind-boggled!:confused:

The people who are upset have every right to voice their opinion so please all that are here saying YOU SHOULD be 50 or legacy 6 stop telling people how to play a game. Games are for fun not to be told how to play!!!!!!! Edited by Daelars

You arent getting the point. This is a game that people pay to play how THEY want to. Not how others think they should play it. What so hard to get about that. Mind-boggled!:confused:

right let me set it out in lamens terms shall we, whats the name of the promotion, legacy promotion, what is it intended as, a loyalty gift. how hard is that for you to get your head around.

But please do tell me how the words legacy promotion confuse you.

right let me set it out in lamens terms shall we, whats the name of the promotion, legacy promotion, what is it intended as, a loyalty gift. how hard is that for you to get your head around.

But please do tell me how the words legacy promotion confuse you.

True where they messed up was the wording of "To our LOYAL customers" hope thats lamens enough for u to understand why people are upset.

WELL I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THIS TO THE MAKERS OF THIS! U ARE NOT THINGING OF EVERY ONE AND 2 I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE A CLASS TO LVL 50 ON THE IMP SIDE TO MAKE A CHISS BH. OR AGENT! I DON'T PLAY THAT CLASS AND I WORK 2 JOBS AND HAVE A FAMILY TO I COME HERE TO HAVE FUN AND RELAX AND SOME PEOPLE U HAVE UPSET! I HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME FROM BETA! AND PRE-LANCH! AND U SAY I'M NOT A LOYAL BECOUSE I'M NOT A LVL 50 WELL AND WITH THE TIME FRAM I CAN'T PLAY 24/7 U SAID U WANT IT FUN FOR EVERY ONE WELL U NEED NOT CATER TO ONLY TO A FEW AND NOT EVERY ONE WITH THE CLASSES AND RACES AND THE 30 DAYS FREE TIME FRAM IS JUST WRONG! WHEN U CAN FIX IT BETTER AND MAKE THINGS LIKE U SAID IN THE BEGINING THEN U MAY NOT HAVE SO MANY PISSED OFF!:mad::

WELL I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THIS TO THE MAKERS OF THIS! U ARE NOT THINGING OF EVERY ONE AND 2 I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE A CLASS TO LVL 50 ON THE IMP SIDE TO MAKE A CHISS BH. OR AGENT! I DON'T PLAY THAT CLASS AND I WORK 2 JOBS AND HAVE A FAMILY TO I COME HERE TO HAVE FUN AND RELAX AND SOME PEOPLE U HAVE UPSET! I HAVE BEEN IN THE GAME FROM BETA! AND PRE-LANCH! AND U SAY I'M NOT A LOYAL BECOUSE I'M NOT A LVL 50 WELL AND WITH THE TIME FRAM I CAN'T PLAY 24/7 U SAID U WANT IT FUN FOR EVERY ONE WELL U NEED NOT CATER TO ONLY TO A FEW AND NOT EVERY ONE WITH THE CLASSES AND RACES AND THE 30 DAYS FREE TIME FRAM IS JUST WRONG! WHEN U CAN FIX IT BETTER AND MAKE THINGS LIKE U SAID IN THE BEGINING THEN U MAY NOT HAVE SO MANY PISSED OFF!:mad::

Geez! I sure hope you are very young and thus still in school because such a block of uppercase wall, without any shred of punctuation, will surely repulse many readers, like myself.

So I got no clue what you wanted to say since I wont even bother trying to decipher such a mess.

As for the subject of this thread well whatever choices one does will inevitably make some happy, others indifferent and the rest unhappy. There is no if or but about it and there is no magical solution either. You decide on a marker then some cry because they were so close to it and because of that they are also entitle to whatever you are offering. If you change that marker then those right behind the 1st group will now claim a right to the same treatment since by extension they are now the group so close to that marker. Rince and repeat. Where do you stop, well you never start that's how you stop.

With this Era of me myself and I cry babies going through life as if they were entitle to everything right now, you cant win if you start playing their egotistical game.

N.B. And no I don't even have a lvl 50 yet.

Edited by Ultack

No - as Greg's post mentions - everyone will have until April 22nd at noon CDT (5:00pm GMT) to gain either Legacy Level 6 or a level 50 character.

That hasn't changed - every active subscriber.

Was wondering if your stance about "most loyal customer" now includes people who've been subscribed since launch whether or not they've been playing in a less casual way.

So then, how would you set the bar for this 'loyalty' gift. should bioware interview everyone to see there real life commitments, where does it stop being a loyalty gift and here everyone have a free month ?

In my own opinion, a 'loyalty' gift should be to those who started on Day 1, and never let their subscription lapse for more than 5 days (this accounts for some who use game time cards to handle their subscriptions for one reason or another).

Loyalty has nothing to do with level of a single character, or legacy level. To a company, a 'loyal' customer is one who pays for a service on a regular basis.

It's Business 101. And BW shot itself in the foot with this, even after the adjustment. This is an example that could be listed in a business text book as an example of a potential PR disaster within a segmented customer base. Fortunately for BW, they have a pretty good product here, and the simple fact is, that I, and many like me, enjoy it enough to simply file this misstep in the backs of our minds. I would suggest they refrain from further suggestions that people who play a certain way are of more value than others, unless that's simply the audience they prefer to cater to, in which case I wish they would just say so plainly and openly.

For myself, I have not and will not threaten to, or actually, cancel my sub. I enjoy the game, and will continue to pay and play for as long as I enjoy it, or unless BW makes further mistakes that cause me to reconsider where I spend my entertainment dollars.