The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Usual beginner black talon run, everyone needing randomly, clueless, and died on first boss cuz our freebie tank thought that killing the mobs coming from both sides first, was too mainstream.

Doesn't matter, quitted after the roll on the cunning jacket, won by our tanking assassin, with a single saber with only the hilt in, obviously.

What got me is this phrase said at the beginning of the flashpoint by said tank.

" Oh but I wanted to do the one with the colossus foot >.< "

Can anyone re-elaborate/translate/explain that phrase to me?

I'm probably wrong about this but could this be a reference to GW2's Fractals of the Mists? In GW2 there's a dungeon that sends you through several random locations. One of the possible locations is at the foot of a colossus that is bound to a giant rock by some cultists. In my mind it could have been a GW2-SWTOR crossover joke.

What could have been meant is that unfinished statue on Cheese Moon (that's how I constantly call "Dromund Kaas", where "Kaas" means "Cheese" in Dutch language, and the second part of "Dromund" sounds a bit like "Moon" in my ears. :D;) ). Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Usual beginner black talon run, everyone needing randomly, clueless, and died on first boss cuz our freebie tank thought that killing the mobs coming from both sides first, was too mainstream.

Doesn't matter, quitted after the roll on the cunning jacket, won by our tanking assassin, with a single saber with only the hilt in, obviously.

What got me is this phrase said at the beginning of the flashpoint by said tank.

There's a mission(Heroic?) on Dromund Kaas named "At the Foot of the Colossus." This is almost certainly what he was talking about; he probably was trying to use Group Finder to get a group for that and ended up in a flashpoint by mistake.

Just a funny story about 55 HM Cademimu and the Wookie boss flight, with the ugnaught adds....

I'm Sorc healz and have done this fight many times. Funny thing happened last night. Ranged DPS (both were ranged) and I were on top of the ship (as ordered by our tank) and all went very smoothly. Wookie dead in no time at all. DPSers instaloot, jump down and take off to continue onward, following the tank who took off even sooner.

Since tankie had brought the wookie right next to the ship, I did not have to move to click and loot. I'm looking for specific mods and enhancements nowadays, so it takes me a bit longer to loot, and by the time I was done the other three in my party were nearly out of sight, on their way to the next fight!

This is when I notice that right behind me, just under the wing, are all 4 (or 5?) piggies....looking up at me like I'm their mommy. I start to move down the nose of the ship and they side-step along with me. Right away I'm back to the rear and they just stand there, all in a group....staring up at me. I swear I wanted to toss them some mackerel or something.

In chat, I'm like "Uh guys? I think we forgot something!" After many LOLs and LMFAOs, they all came back and we had a second fight that I think took longer than it did to kill the wookie! No sweat and we face-rolled the rest of the FP too.

Never seen it where the piggies were completely ignored by the entire party!!

Join Mandalorian raiders HM. Full 69-72, so thought this should be easy.

I'm a Jugg tank in the Sorc gear from the Cartel market, with robe leg pieces, from the revan set.

As soon as I spawn in, the Merc dps and the Op healer tell me, if i was a dps wearing that it'd be ok, but i needed to get out of Light armor if i was a tank.

The Merc opened a trade with me, and tried to give me some level 11 merc shell heavy armor for borrow during the flashpoint.

I kindly explained i wouldn't need it, because my armor wasn't heavy but adaptive.

We went through a little trash, I used a medpack on every single pull. Every. Single. Pull.

Got to the pull with all the Swarming dogs, by then i had learned my lesson. I popped every defensive CD i had, over a drawn out period of time, as the fight lasted longer than it should.

It lasted about 15 seconds, i used a medpack, my self heal, and 2 of my shields, and yet i died.

I got one heal from the operative.

He then proceeded to cuss at me for wearing light armor, and said if i was in heavy armor it would be different.

I kindly proceeded to laugh, tell him he should learn when mistakes are his and not someone elses. /w'd the marauder telling him to leave while he can, wished them luck finding a tank, then dropped.

Has any of you actually gotten in a group for the heroics/bonus of a planet with group finder?

Because I've yet to see it happen to me

The first week of 1.3 finding for heroics on Black Hole

Edited by Vegabond

Mine have just been with people who seem to refuse to read info on their class.

"Shadow why did u need a shield with strength?"

"cause i need a shield" :rolleyes:

"commando why did u roll need for a smuggler armor, u dont use medium armor"

"i will use it" :rolleyes:

"sentinel why did you roll need on heavy armor?"

" for mods"

"im a guardian i needed the armor more, i mean it has defense"

"so? I need defense to noob" :rolleyes:

Just some of the ridiculous convos i have had with people who dont read codex's on their Advanced class or simply look it up on the net.

I read these posts, thinking I will probably never face these situations, as I rarely use GF for HMFPs, but last night I decided to give it a shot as it was a quiet night in the guild. My sister, who normally is a healer decided to DPS for a change (69/72 optimised) and a shadow in 66/69 gear. we opted for a PUG healer (myself tanking on my vanguard). We queued up and got an instant pop for athiss with a sage healer.

We roll in, say our usual "Hi, Heya. Hello" and I take a quick peek at the healer's gear (health seemed a little low compared to my sister's sage). Us three were on TS and commenting the healer's HP is a little low (27k HP), but hey, I've seen healers with lower health than him do a smashing job at healing. Then I notice the healer is in what looked like mostly old WH gear with sprinkles of partisan thrown in. I was slightly concerned, but not knowing much about sage healing, I tell my sister to check him out. "He'll struggle being in old WH gear, but we should be fine as long as we can burn through things pretty quick".

While this is happening, healer pops in group chat - "Hey guys, I'm in a s***y mood. My crackhead flat mate gave me s**t. so I want a quick run.". My interpretation of the statement - "I'm in a bad mood, so I'm going to demand you bow to my whims for my own enjoyment." I'm instantly annoyed (rubbed me the wrong way, that statement) and get ready to pull the plug and leave, but my sister convinces me to stay. we proceed on and straight away I see we're heading for a disaster. the healer decides its takes too long for me to slice the elevator so jumps STRAIGHT Down, nearly dying. At the bottom, he stops just long enough to heal himself back to half HP and runs for the explosive satchel, while we're coming down. He stops at the entrance of the room just long enough for us to catch up and charges head long into the mob. First attack - Force Wave, scattering everything all over the room. I jump in, collect them up and the 2 dps proceeds to burn them down, none of us receiving any heals. thankfully we were geared enough to withstand it.

Once we have the explosive satchel, I ask the healer, could you please wait for me to grab aggro and unless necessary, don use force wave, it scatters everything and makes it a little difficult for me to keep them bunched up so we can burn them faster. Healer acknowledges and runs off again popping force speed. I sigh and follow up (Hold The Line FTW).

Next Room, I call for a CC (I know we can face roll the mob, but I ask for CCs to minimise incoming damage and found it takes less time to burn trash if the strongs are CCed). Healer decided that's unnecessary and charges head long yet again, using force wave to scatter everything. With 2 silver crabs bearing down on him. I jump in, pop AoE taunt, round them up. 1 silver goes down, my hp down a fair bit before healer decides I'm worth his time to heal up and tops me up.....before dropping another force wave and scattering everything yet again. My sister on TS yells "WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? DON'T SCATTER THEM FROM THE TANK!!". We burn them down and move on to the next room. yet again he repeats the force wave...Exasperated, we make our way to Beast of Vodal (not CC-ing shamans, aggroing trash and leaving the rest of us to clean them up while he goes off to aggro another bunch and running back to us for me to pick up aggro.

By now I'm fuming, but keep my mouth shut, my sister is asking him to not run ahead of me and to keep me topped up and she's stuck off-healing me and DPSing at the same time. We start on the beast and I kite him to the little cave on the side (he did say, this needs to be quick and taking the beast to the pond takes too long). It becomes a horrendous exercise. the entire fight, I never recovered my full HP, his heals were barely keeping me alive while standing WITH ME IN FRONT OF THE BEAST. ironically, he's maintaining full heals on the 2 DPS (they never dropped below 90% HP while I was barely alive, DPS sage throwing off heals on me in between fights). We down beastie, but by now, I'm cursing like a drunken sailor on shore leave on TS and tell my sister and the shadow - if this guy keeps pulling this, I'm gone, I wont wear a repair cost borne out of stupidity. We move on and come to the rooms of guardians. I put on group chat, please wait on my pull, these things hurt a lot and your heals are barely keeping up with the damage I'm taking (no response). we go in to the first room of birds (queue force wave scatters, furious button mashing all over) and move to the second one. earlier I asked if we're doing bonus for the loot, to which his reply was "Don't care" so I proceed to rack up kills. while we were clearing trash, he runs off to the first room of guardians and aggros both. I hussle forward, pick them up and promptly lose them (force wave....). More button mashing and pick them up, but now I have both guardians smashing me all over the place. I thought this can't get worse....oh but it did. Healer rushes off and picks up the third guardian (inquisitor ones) and brings him over. So now, I'm getting 3 guardians tossing me around, 1 dps short because DPS sage is supplementing healer's output while DPSing elites and I'm back to being barely alive. We lose the shadow, with none of the guardians down (he's finally in full healing mode - on himself!) seconds later lose my sister and I /stuck it out, I had enough. He goes on my ignore list and I drop out. My sister tells me over TS how he was saying on group chat about having a ball watching me getting tossed around like a pin ball and all he wanted to have fun, ending the fiasco with "Take Care and F U". The Shadow tells the guy - good luck with the GF, you've just gone on the ignore list of a tank who usually tries hard NOT to put people on ignore list. After re-queue, we got Mando Raiders with a PUG slinger who played the class like an absolute pro.

Here's one story where I'm the weird one.

Pre-2.0, I was running HM False Emperor on my shadow tank. I'm not very social, so I hadn't run any FPs at all while leveling, and this was one of my first times tanking in a group. I'd been in tank spec for the entire time while leveling though, so I at least knew my buttons and was even decently geared (primarily Tionese IIRC, with some leftovers here and there). I didn't have trouble holding aggro, and we didn't have much deaths (if any) on the way. I had run this once before on my DPS main, so I had some clue of boss fight mechanics. That was not enough though.

We got to Darth Malgus, and he started tossing me around. I happened to notice in the chat someone saying to keep my back to the wall, which I did. The fight went smoothly from there, until the boss was almost dead. Suddenly I noticed I'm getting no heals. I used my cooldowns and managed to tank Malgus probably for a minute without any heals. When I got the low health warning, I started to panic. Then I happened to glance again at the upper left corner of the screen where my chat window was. Everyone else had been telling me to pull the boss to the middle, near the holes in the floor. I had gotten so deep "in the zone" with tanking that I had completely forgotten the existence of the chat. I tried to pull the boss to where the others were standing, but alas, my HP was already too low, and I died.

I apologized profusely for not knowing the tactics well enough, and not reading the chat. Fortunately, the others took it in stride, didn't kick me, and we nailed it on the second try. Must have been weird to watch an otherwise seemingly competent tank keep whacking the boss without heals way past the point where he should be brought to the center and thrown into a pit.

The explanation: I have a fairly big screen (I think 24" at the time this happened, now 27"). Normally I keep all UI elements at the edges and corners of the screen so they obstruct my view as little as possible. I have a separate layout for intensive tasks like tanking, where the most important information is in the center of the screen so I can see all of it at once. But since you can't save chat windows in a UI layout, it's left at the upper left corner, out of my immediate field of view.

Edited by DataBeaver

I have plenty of stories, but here's the most recent one.

Me (healer) and a guildie (tank) decided to run a quick 55 HM. My operative is moderately geared, whereas my guildie is overgeared, so I figured it wouldn't be a huge issue. We pug for DPS and we get a Sorcerer and Juggernaut. I notice the Sorcerer only has 22k HP, which should have been my first clue. We get Mandalorian Raiders.

Our tank tells the group to LoS the first couple of pulls, since they can be a real pain but this Sorc simply stands and starts shooting the mobs. The first time this happened, I manage to keep everyone up but my guildie makes it clear that LoS means LoS, not standing there shooting. Not a word said by the Sorc.

We come to a second LoS pull (where, once again, the tank says "LoS" before pulling) and yet again, the Sorc sits and shoots lightning. This time, the dogs jump him and I decide not to heal him, therefore causing him to die. The three remaining kill the the mob and I rez the Sorc. Our tank then asks if the Sorc knew what LoS meant - he didn't. We explained it to him and as we were now up to the first boss, we also ask if he knows the fight. He promptly says yes.

We begin the encounter. Our tank pulls the dude away from the 2 dogs and for a few seconds, all seems to be well. That is, however, until I notice what the Sorc is doing. He's running away from the dogs. No DPS whatsoever. Just kiting the dog. The other DPS is doing his best, but this Sorc is running further and further away, causing me to run back and forth to heal. I try asking him what the hell he's doing, to no reply and the rest is rather predictable. Our tank kills the main boss first (despite stopping almost all damage toward the end) and the dogs enrage. Our Sorc dies almost immediately and despite my best efforts, I was unable to prevent a wipe.

I immediately initiate a vote kick, to which the Sorc says something to the effect of "Good luck doing the FP without a second DPS". I promptly remind him that we would be unable to do this content with him as our second DPS anyway, since he isn't DPS'ing, and that finding another DPS isn't hard. He was removed from the group, and we got another DPS almost immediately. Had no issues after that.

I never heart that term. In other words, what means LoS?

Line of Sight.

LoS pull means a tank engage enemy with range attack and hides behind Line of Sight (los) forcing them to come in his desired place, usualy by the corner they are grouped which makes it easy to maintain aoe threat, and are easier to get AOE beaten without losing threat by tank.

I rarely use it on my tank if I pve (unless a friendly healer asks, or pug healer asks politely) maybe with one exception in Cademinu, not a hard pull but spread and very very annoying, but I don't mind tank doing it, it's his choice (but I preffer them not to, and never asked any tank to do so).

Edited by Atramar

Line of Sight.

LoS pull means a tank engage enemy with range attack and hides behind Line of Sight (los) forcing them to come in his desired place, usualy by the corner they are grouped which makes it easy to maintain aoe threat, and are easier to get AOE beaten without losing threat by tank.

I rarely use it on my tank if I pve (unless a friendly healer asks, or pug healer asks politely) maybe with one exception in Cademinu, not a hard pull but spread and very very annoying, but I don't mind tank doing it, it's his choice (but I preffer them not to, and never asked any tank to do so).

Me and my guild often use it for the second bosses in Mandalorian Raiders.

I accidently did it with a trash pull in Cademinu yesterday and it worked amazing. I pulled one of the sentry droids to me, but totally forgot it was the one, where adds join the fight. Usually, I am afraid of pulling the next room when tanking those adds, but as they had to go around the corner to reach us, the fight was so easy.

BTT: Yesterday, I was in a SM Cademinu pug group. When most of the mobs from the first group were already killed I noticed my HP was low and I got no heals. As I had target of target activated for my group window as well, I noticed the Commando healer was DPSing and not in heal stance. Simultaniously, the DPS Commando told the healer to heal and threw in some off-heals. I told him to heal as well. After the fight, I asked him to switch to heal stance but he didn't react. Instead he pulled the next group. After the fight I initiated a vote kick. We couldn't find a replacement, so the other DPS pulled out his healer companion and off-healed when neccessary.

Mid-way through the FP we had a small, but friendly argument about which of our healer companion would be better suited, and we finished the FP with our healing companion even if it wasn't well geared.

It was a nice experience, actually, once we had kicked the healer.

However, I usually have no problems with heals, more with DPS in tank stance, tanks who don't grab all the aggro, etc...

Me and my guild often use it for the second bosses in Mandalorian Raiders.

I accidently did it with a trash pull in Cademinu yesterday and it worked amazing. I pulled one of the sentry droids to me, but totally forgot it was the one, where adds join the fight. Usually, I am afraid of pulling the next room when tanking those adds, but as they had to go around the corner to reach us, the fight was so easy.

I do it, when I'm the healer but I'm tanking a group (mostly because the tank and dps' are unable to hit every mob and then ignore them once they're on me) but I'm doing it the way so the mobs pretty much stand in our group of range dps (and sometimes the pt tank :rolleyes:).

It has to be noted, that I only encountered those tanks in low level fps (<50)

This is my most recent experience.

I finally got my Juggernaut on Harbinger, so I was excited to work on getting her to 55. I queued up for SM False Emperor, and got a queue instantly.

After joining, we had to 55's, me at 52, and a 50. Seemed like it would be easy, so I was pretty pumped to get my dailies done quick. We got to and through the first boss easily enough, with little trouble, though my tanking skills were a bit rusty. Afterward, the 55 Operative Healer, wouldn't heal me unless I was below 50% health. When I asked him why he wasn't healing me until then, he replied, "It's not my fault you lose your HP fast."

Now, I'm in 146 armor, with a good defence/absorption/shield, especially for SM FE, and I know how to use my tanking abilities.

After the second boss, the 55 healer pointed something out about the 55 DPS.

"You're in green gear," he said.

"LOL No, my gear is black/purple with a lil bit of blue lol"

I then said, "No, the quality of your gear. It's green."

After inspecting him, I realized EVERY PIECE of gear on this level 55 was green. Weapon, relics, armor, all of it. He didn't even know the difference between color quality. After explaining to him the difference in color quality, I figured he'd need gear that was purple that would have been for his class. But no, he greeded every Assassin drop-- even some that had defence, absorption, or endurance boosts to me.

The rest of the FP went okay, with the 55 dying 4-5 times, being out-DPS'd by the level 50 Mara. It wasn't as bad as some of the other experiences people share, but this one was odd for me. I've never seen a 55 who doesn't know the difference from gear quality.

I was doing a Mandalorian Raiders on Hard yesterday. Seemed like a decent group. Me (Immortal Jug) as tank with about 34K health and a mix of Operatives and Mercs as (30K-ish health) DPS and heal. We're doing pretty good with no wipes, but it really feels like the entire flashpoint is taking longer than normal. I imagine, at the time, that it may just be me since I hadn't played in about a week.

So finally, during the final boss fight, I happen to notice one of my teammates whipping out their little box-shaped scanner and a red line goes sweeping over one of the dead turrets. This fellow thought it would be a huge help to take a couple of 3-second breaks during a very damage-heavy fight to add to his Scavenging collection. :eek:

Seeeriously?

My latest bad experience was in lvl 55 Mandalorian Raiders. I was dps sniper. I came in at the first boss. The tank kept lecturing the group for 2-3 minutes about the fight among other crap. Anyway the tank was clueless, but finally the fight started.

The tank took the boss all over the place and kept losing the agro of the boss, so the boss and hounds atked healer and killed him. First wipe. The tank proceed talking BS about that we do know the fight, and we dunno how to play our classes among a bunch of other blah.. blah.. blah.. He refuses to start the fight again, at which point the other dps left. We get a new dps and finally the tank starts the fight again and again does the same mistake, healer dies, and we wipe.

At this point the tank starts lecturing again. I go like "stop, you have no idea what you are doing so listen. Take boss to the door and stay there. Make sure you taunt him when you lose agro. Got it?" The tank starts you dunno what you are doing among other mumbling, so I vote kick him. Got kicked in a matter of 5 secs.

After he is out, he whispers me something about how we dunno what we are doing and that we done how to use our classes, I don't reply, I ignore him.

We get another tank and FP was smooth sailing afterwards.

Edited by Ottoattack

I

So finally, during the final boss fight, I happen to notice one of my teammates whipping out their little box-shaped scanner and a red line goes sweeping over one of the dead turrets. This fellow thought it would be a huge help to take a couple of 3-second breaks during a very damage-heavy fight to add to his Scavenging collection. :eek:

Seeeriously?

I wouldn't call this an issue to be honest. I will scavenge metals or bio when I can in a HM FP. I will only take one if I am in a PUG, but I've never had anyone tell me to stop not would I ask anyone else not to scavenge.

I wouldn't call this an issue to be honest. I will scavenge metals or bio when I can in a HM FP. I will only take one if I am in a PUG, but I've never had anyone tell me to stop not would I ask anyone else not to scavenge.

I think he was staggered not by the fact that this person was scavenging, but that they were scavenging during the boss fight.

I think he was staggered not by the fact that this person was scavenging, but that they were scavenging during the boss fight.

You're right, I missed that point when reading the post. LOL, yes scavenging during a boss fight is a fail

You're right, I missed that point when reading the post. LOL, yes scavenging during a boss fight is a fail

I've done this once or twice in sm mandalorian raiders with my healer lol :D I was overleveled and overgeared and the tank was overleveled and overgeared and pratically could have survived with just my HoT and smallest no-energy-cost heal (needed maybe 3-5 bigger heals during the whole boss fight). So I was pratically stuck with dpsing and managing my hots, and I couldn't dps that much without burning too much energy, so I ended up scavenging turrets.

Did this the other day on my sorc healer on the last boss of 55 MR. But I was healing and everyone was topped off (or close with puddle down), no one died, and I wasn't holding the group up any. I actually do a LOT of gathering when I heal FPs on my sorc, with scab and bio analysis, but if group gets ahead of me I just leave stuff behind. Hot+bubble tank, and sprint to catch up makes this relatively easy.

Then last night in a hammer station(tank and both DPS in guild), we had a merc healer who insisted on scavenging everything. We told him that's fine as long as it doesn't hold up the group, which it was because he was doing 0 healing. When he didn't cleanse the tank at all during first boss (resulting in tank dying twice), we kicked him and did the rest of the place with mako until a healer popped in right before the last boss.