Role-less FPs = GW2 Mode?

I still can't imagine how a tank would fit into the whole thing.

If you don't need a tank, why should you bother with the dmg-loss of bringing one?

Are all the tanks doing the 4 lvl 55 FPs we have right now and if you want to run a new one, you should switch to dps or get flamed by the group?

(I imagine that because of the current state of GW2, where most team members are supposed to be glass cannons)

Edited by Never_Hesitate

I still can't imagine how a tank would fit into the whole thing. If you don't need a tank, why should you bother with the dmg-loss of bringing one?

You could say the same of healers really. It's not like PUGs will have a choice on who they bring, since anyone can queue in any spec. But yeah, if you mean to be running zerg mode, swapping to a DPS stance at least makes some sense. You can probably just do that and not even bother respeccing and get along fine.

I think they are doing them as a bridge between makeb and current 55 endgame as people tend to be jumping into the 55 content without updating their gear to at least 148 rated stuff (which is what these flashpoints drop).

I actually think roleless content is a step forward and hope they expand it beyond just the beginner content, maybe even some 8 man.

I think they are doing them as a bridge between makeb and current 55 endgame as people tend to be jumping into the 55 content without updating their gear to at least 148 rated stuff (which is what these flashpoints drop).

I actually think roleless content is a step forward and hope they expand it beyond just the beginner content, maybe even some 8 man.

Step forward....? How is making content where you can just bring 4 sents or 4 slingers or a mix of both and just maul through content literally a step forward? If they continue to put out content like this I'm out, and I'm sure there will be plenty in the same boat. Im not even looking forward to these fps because of the lack of form, sure hm still will take a minimal amount of coordination, but the truth is I don't play this game to just bomb through it all with 4 dps. Plus, 8 man? So basically 8 people just pounding on a target with little else? Sounds awesome.

if I'm right and they got their idea from WoW scenarios - tanking and healing would still be useful, just not necessary. there will be those healing warzone like thingies scattered, and probably npc's that can take over tanking role if needed.

honestly, I should just copy over to pts and check myself...

I like the idea of giving people something to do with less wait. we'll see how well its implemented.

Step forward....? How is making content where you can just bring 4 sents or 4 slingers or a mix of both and just maul through content literally a step forward? If they continue to put out content like this I'm out, and I'm sure there will be plenty in the same boat. Im not even looking forward to these fps because of the lack of form, sure hm still will take a minimal amount of coordination, but the truth is I don't play this game to just bomb through it all with 4 dps. Plus, 8 man? So basically 8 people just pounding on a target with little else? Sounds awesome.

Exactly my thoughts. In DCUO they introduced something like this, when there is no healer there is a minimum auto-regen of the HP, and when there is no tank, each member received a defense buff (wich many people preferred over the tank's duties). Over the time, being a tank in DCUO became a pain, you cannot find any groups wanting tanks. I had to respec my fire tank to fire dps, and get him geared again, just for this. A few months later, I got bored and left. If this happen with swtor, count me off as a customer, I don't want to participate on a game wich the norm is 4 maras, PT or snipers to complete FPs.

If they continue to put out content like this I'm out, and I'm sure there will be plenty in the same boat.

Making casual level group content more accessible to more players will not lead to a net drop in subscriptions. Even the "hardcores" won't quit as long as there is no zerg mode for "hard" content.

This has to be one of the most stupid decisions ever? OF course it is a pain to wait for a period whilst you get a tank or healer, but this is just going to result in less tanks/healers at HM and Ops, thus they will then have to make those role-less too. If nobody is playing tanks/helas through the standard content you will end up with the following:

1) DPS queueing for Healer or Tank, and being as crap as the current people who do this.

2) People not learning any tanking skills, therefore tanks become rarer than they are now.

Edited by cymonguk

This has to be one of the most stupid decisions ever? OF course it is a pain to wait for a period whilst you get a tank or healer, but this is just going to result in less tanks/healers at HM and Ops, thus they will then have to make those role-less too. If nobody is playing tanks/helas through the standard content you will end up with the following:

1) DPS queueing for Healer or Tank, and being as crap as the current people who do this.

2) People not learning any tanking skills, therefore tanks become rarer than they are now.

That will only happen if they make hardmode versions of this system. Storymode is supposed to be purely to experience the story. And it'll be nice for casuals to be able to queue for something quickly.

Personally, I'll do them once for the achievements. I already do tankless guild runs for the HM 55s; I have no desire to have content I can duo or solo.

Seriously. I think its a good one, but even if I didnt this doesnt even make the top 10.

1) Lauching the game not knowing MMO players would burn through content like a forest fire in Malibu.

2) Canning all those employees 3-6 months into the game before all the bugs were fixed (and we still have them).

3) The 3-5 month period of dead servers.

4) I applauded there decision not to launch with group finder. Their logic was sound. However not having one built and ready to insert when the time was right was silly.

God I am sure theres more. But like I said - this addition is a good one.

Quite simply for queue times, I'm not saying they should replace all role based flashpoints but anything that keeps you active with the game rather than sitting at fleet waiting for a tank or healer to pop in group finder is a step in the right direction.

While trinity role systems should remain for serious content the game does need some content that breaks away from that so when there are no tanks or healers you can still play it, just you wont get as rewarded as playing in a proper flashpoint.

As for roleless 8 mans, they could work if the bosses were more mechanic focused/puzzle orientated (which they generally are compared to GW2). The problem GW2 has is the champions/bosses don't really give you any real mechanics to follow therefore you get the massive zerg of people just jumping in >DPS'ing> Dying>Getting Rev'd> and repeat until the boss dies and you get your chest at the end.

TOR has the benefit there as a lot of content is already heavily mechanic focus, bioware wouldn't have to look far for inspiration on how a roleless op or 8 man flashpoint could possibly work and not be a pure zerg.

People, its for STORY MODE ONLY, STORY MODE IS DESIGNED TO BE STEAMROLLED.

Jesus Christ you really will find ANYTHING to whine about

I think most people realize it is story mode only but are worried about what this means for the direction of the game with regards to hard modes in the future.

I think most people realize it is story mode only but are worried about what this means for the direction of the game with regards to hard modes in the future.

I highly doubt they'll do that, and if they do, trust me I'll be at the forefront of vocalness about how stupid that would be.

I highly doubt they'll do that, and if they do, trust me I'll be at the forefront of vocalness about how stupid that would be.

As I said the issue is going to be that by discouraging tanks/heals in SM they are going to find less tanks at lvl 55, hence they will end up with people complaining they cant complete HM content.

People learn tanking at the lowbies, or should, if there are fewer there, then there are just going to be fewer at HM level.

OK I accept it is not in the top ten decisions, yet, if it ends with HM and Ops then I will go for top 5.