Force jumpers

Kelenan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm a bounty hunter with a rocket pack currently level 37. I find it frustrating in huttball that the force users can jump from platform to platform at will making it so i cannot chase them.

But I a bounty hunter with a rocket pack cannot jump from platform to platform.

I find this to be a pain and unbalanced. If this ability becomes available to my class at a later level I'm sorry for posting this.

But as of now it sucks hard.

Depends on your spec as a BH, you do have jet charge or grapple.

Exactly, sounds like OP is just venting his RP issues and using the warzone as an excuse. If he were to get his way we'd also have to concede letting Sith force strangle you from the spawn point, smugglers always shooting first, and troopers dying from a single blaster shot.

All would be fine until it gets really awkward with the Jedi getting the ability to kiss their sisters.

Exactly, sounds like OP is just venting his RP issues and using the warzone as an excuse. If he were to get his way we'd also have to concede letting Sith force strangle you from the spawn point, smugglers always shooting first, and troopers dying from a single blaster shot.

All would be fine until it gets really awkward with the Jedi getting the ability to kiss their sisters.

Wrong.

Powertechs can have rocket jump and grapple, Mercenaries get neither. It is a legitimate complaint for an advanced class that can not obtain them short of rerolling.

Wrong.

Powertechs can have rocket jump and grapple, Mercenaries get neither. It is a legitimate complaint for an advanced class that can not obtain them short of rerolling.

If merc gets it then merc AC will be absolutely devastating and overpowered - the catch is always that powertech/vanguard gest mobility and merc/commando gets devastating long range aoes and cone of fire attacks.

If mercs gets mobility as well there will be no point in having powertech in pvp (since mercs also wears heavies and are survivable despite not having tanking talents).

I dunno know about that one, As a Tank power-tech <and loving it> my Merc buddies go down pretty fast if the opponent catches on I've been pulling them away from healers and nodes and charging into them when they try to capture things.

It took time for me to like the class seeing 1000's of Jedis everywhere but I do have to say we are a unique class that rewards the player for sticking in there. Hell I'm only 34 and excited every Kill/Grapple/Shock/Rocket Smash of the way.

Just like my dear Papa!..or Mama?

OH WOW, BETTER BUFF BOUNTY HUNTERS!

Because they are SO underpowered! SERIOUSLY!

But Yea if they did touch bounty hunters, Power Tech Under the tanking tree it would be nice if they scaled down the damage from [Death From Above] In PVP.

Edited by taoyinyang

I dunno know about that one, As a Tank power-tech <and loving it> my Merc buddies go down pretty fast if the opponent catches on I've been pulling them away from healers and nodes and charging into them when they try to capture things.

Mercs are supposed to go down fast if they get focus fired - it is because it is not the job of mercs to be in the front and shield buddies. Merc's job is long range support fire and area suppression/interdiction.

Mercs are supposed to go down fast if they get focus fired - it is because it is not the job of mercs to be in the front and shield buddies. Merc's job is long range support fire and area suppression/interdiction.

Very Very True, and the best way to reward them as a Power Tech for doing a great healing job is Grappling DPSers off of them, Stunning them and Uppercutting them enough time to focus on someone else instead of the healers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm a bounty hunter with a rocket pack currently level 37. I find it frustrating in huttball that the force users can jump from platform to platform at will making it so i cannot chase them.

All Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights get Force Charge as a core ability which allows them to leap to any enemy in range. Juggernauts and Guardians also gain an ability to leap to any ally in range. This may account for them being able to 'jump from platform to platform at will'.

As a Bounty Hunter you will gain access to Grapple as a core ability if you chose Powertech for your AC, which pulls any enemy target to your location unless it has a full (solid white) resolve bar. If you progress up the Shieldtech tree you also unlock the ability to Jet Charge which is like Force Charge, allowing you to 'jump from platform to platform at will'. If you chose Mercenary then you're all about staying away from these guys instead of helping them impale you on their light sabers.

As a side note, BH gain access to more ranged attacks and CC than SW/JK which gives you options beyond Saber Throw while you close the gap and none of your CC locks you down too (Choke/Stasis).

Hope that helps.

accurate summary of op post

ZOMG PEOPLE CAN GET AWAY FROM/CLOSE ON ME UNFAIR QQQQQQQQQQ

It is a unfair advantage when anyone's abilities root you in place and by all means any bounty hunter should be able to rocket jump as well as the force users.

It is a balancing issue for pvp and does need to be addressed. I am not in any way what so ever suggesting that any class get their abilities nerfed.

I am against nerfs, I do however want the field equalized.

Remove all roots on abilities for all classes. Give the same amount of AOE's on every class.

And install a rocket jump for all trees of Bounty Hunter. It is only right.

I really don't care about other classes abilities but to be able to flee at will without any possibility of pursuit is B.S.

Bounty Hunter's geared themselves for killing Jedi. Does anyone think for 1 minute that they would have a rocket pack that does not work at all.

Really now! Hey Jedi I'm going to kill you! Wait you Jump up 1 story above me and there is now way I can even chase you. Damn I must be the stupidest Bounty Hunter ever!

I have a Rocket Pack and it can't work to jump be 1 story up.

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

I find this to be a pain and unbalanced. If this ability becomes available to my class at a later level I'm sorry for posting this.

But as of now it sucks hard.

Bounty hunters have Charge, Push, pull, Aoe knockback with snare... and you are upset that sith warriors have a SINGLE ability that allows them to close the gap? get real.. fast.

And thanks for bringing root up, this is actually completly correct, Root needs to build resolve just like Stun does, or it needs to have its own system.. for a melee'er LIKE A WARRIOR a root might aswell be a stun.

No other class has nearly as much utility as a Bounty Hunter, so I must say I find this whole thread hillarious.

Edited by Munx

Yeah, but at least you don't spend 60% of the game running around to deal damage cause everyone and their mother has a kockback.

But don't worry, they'll probably give it to you, obviously someone with decision power over at BW is inamorated with the BH class.

How retarded is it that they removed force pull from melee tanks who have to be in melee range to tank and gave it to BH...

Bounty hunters have Charge, Push, pull, Aoe knockback with snare... and you are upset that sith warriors have a SINGLE ability that allows them to close the gap? get real.. fast.

And thanks for bringing root up, this is actually completly correct, Root needs to build resolve just like Stun does, or it needs to have its own system.. for a melee'er LIKE A WARRIOR a root might aswell be a stun.

No other class has nearly as much utility as a Bounty Hunter, so I must say I find this whole thread hillarious.

I am asking for a rocket jump in all BH trees not a nerf for other classes. Having a rocket pack that don't work is b.s.

And it in no way what so ever adds to the BH DPS!

Edited by Kelenan