I really like GSF except for one thing....let me change components in ques!

lokiwalker

Why oh why can I not change components or buy upgrades while in Que! I really cannot see that advantage that someone would be able to gain by messing around with things in ques. It is not like you can change once you get into the map, so ***.

This makes a little sense for regular pvp so that you cant swap talents around once you see the team comp, but for GSF? Why?

Edited by lokiwalker
Info in the title

This has been speculated before, but there's been a very likely answer floated around here. It probably has something to do with the matchmaking system. Even though there aren't really enough people to trigger it most of the time, it still needs to work all of the time in case it does kick in.

And the matchmaking system likely matches people up based on the level of your equipped components. So while they could theoretically adjust your 'ranking' if you adjust parts while in queue, it's much simpler all around just to lock your components down once you are prepping for a match. Much in the same way once you queue for ground pvp you can't make any changes to your spec.

Switching components at the beginning of a match, ok.

Switching components after the match has started, big NO!

I would even go so far, to completely disable switching ships after the match has started. If you choose a specific ship for any reason, than you should stick with it. No more switching to your imba <insert random ship here> just because you got your *** kicked.

Switching components at the beginning of a match, ok.

Switching components after the match has started, big NO!

I would even go so far, to completely disable switching ships after the match has started. If you choose a specific ship for any reason, than you should stick with it. No more switching to your imba <insert random ship here> just because you got your *** kicked.

I would not want to switch once the match has started, I was saying I understood why you could not do that. I was more saying that if I am sitting in que for 10 mins doing nothing but GSF, let me play around with my ships components. Maybe if I had shorter que times I would not care, but a fella gets bored you know.

I would not want to switch once the match has started, I was saying I understood why you could not do that. I was more saying that if I am sitting in que for 10 mins doing nothing but GSF, let me play around with my ships components. Maybe if I had shorter que times I would not care, but a fella gets bored you know.

"Let me just swap out this converter - OH GOD MY SHIP'S ON FIRE"

This is why I never equip EMP missiles. If Domination pops and sats start getting overtaken by bombers camping with their toys and no one on our team has EMP abilities it is frustrating but I just don't want to get stuck without concussion missiles or proton torpedoes if TDM pops. I don't see a use for EMP Missile in TDM.