Consolidated server event: 2013

Scorpiooooo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, thought I'd chime in. I'm from Gav Daragon and just thought I'd bring it to light that the recent news has rocked us as well. In saying that -- while I hope you guys succeed, quite a fair few of the GD community have resigned ourselves to our fates; quite a few of us are already actively looking for other places to go. We all still play though, but most of us would rather spend time trying to enjoy the time we have left playing on the character we have and like -- and the reluctance that many of us might have from joining you will still persist -- lack of legacy and "alt support" will stymie any desire to aid you. Our loyalty, first and foremost, is to each other. While you're right -- we are passionate and loyal. But our already fractured communities were further scattered by this news. I won't speak for the GD community at large -- but I can attempt to bring what you're doing to attention.

Keep up with us and try to sell the point yourselves on gav-daragon.enjin.com.

On a lighter note -- I don't suppose you guys will rename your domain name from zer0ping to 300ms? I'm awful. I know. :D

Thanks for the heads up. Both Dalborra and Master Dar'Nala are really coming together to get into this event, but Gav Daragon has been silent. At last check there were 0 replies to the same thread on that Server page so it's interesting to learn a bit more about that community.

Thanks for the heads up. Both Dalborra and Master Dar'Nala are really coming together to get into this event, but Gav Daragon has been silent. At last check there were 0 replies to the same thread on that Server page so it's interesting to learn a bit more about that community.

afaik they like to keep to themselves, tbh members of that server were the most vocal majority against APAC server merges.

afaik they like to keep to themselves, tbh members of that server were the most vocal majority against APAC server merges.
Can it.

No, all our interaction is done on our own community server -- gav-daragon.enjin.com

I know a few others have given the link to it and I get the feeling that some people thought it was them trying to push some kind of fad, but seriously the site itself is monitored by the GMs of GD. We all talk there and as a tight-nit bunch; all Guild leaders speak to one another in some form despite varied dispositions. Checking that site is your best bet to see where GD stands. This whole "Gav Daragon was against mergers" thing isn't even remotely true. Anyone who says otherwise speaks for a dysmal minority. Just give it a quick check; you'll have GD's thoughts in a nice summary -- because no matter what any single member posts here you'll have some other loud voices saying a bunch of stuff that detracts from the point. Good luck, guys.

Can it.

No, all our interaction is done on our own community server -- gav-daragon.enjin.com

I know a few others have given the link to it and I get the feeling that some people thought it was them trying to push some kind of fad, but seriously the site itself is monitored by the GMs of GD. We all talk there and as a tight-nit bunch; all Guild leaders speak to one another in some form despite varied dispositions. Checking that site is your best bet to see where GD stands. This whole "Gav Daragon was against mergers" thing isn't even remotely true. Anyone who says otherwise speaks for a dysmal minority. Just give it a quick check; you'll have GD's thoughts in a nice summary -- because no matter what any single member posts here you'll have some other loud voices saying a bunch of stuff that detracts from the point. Good luck, guys.

what i meant to say was that minority was the most vocal and loud voices against the merges. On the forums and in game.

Not to be a stick in the mud, but judging my Bioware's response to the *****torm they created, a final decision has been reached and gathering everyone on the APAC servers together at one time isn't going to change the fact that they're looking to maximise their profits.

I hope you guys have fun on Sunday 7th, I'll be making good use of double experience.

ok please look at the highlighted area of my reply from bioware CS

reply.

have fun at the event gathering or w/e you;re doing.

That response only makes sense IF THE SERVER HOSTING STAYS LOCAL! Now I'm more pissed off at this obvious money saver. Of course folks in the US and Europe wanted to maintain their play styles, they got to keep the same ping so there was never an issue :confused:. Bioware have really dropped the Huttball on this one. Secretly I think George Lucas is behind this. Everyone knows he loves to piss SW fans off.

Thew this forum link on the Brutes website and will put it in our guild messages. I'm unsubbed atm with 100 days left, so hopefully this will be another way to show Bioware how much we love this game and how upset we are with the changes.

Cross server queuing is still something I wished they introduced in the new expansion (correct me if they have and I am wrong) and would solve population problems better than killing of local communities with U.S server merges.

ahh troll..another one to ignore. Shouldn;'t be surprised though..guild name says it all

He's not a troll. Do you understand the concept of a troll?

He's just pointing out something that unfortunately appears to be obvious. I mean, look at the facts here:

- We have raised a tremendous amount of fuss on the forums regarding this announcement. There are over a hundred pages of posts in the Consolidated APAC thread alone, not to mention all the sub-threads in each of the server forums (namely the ones that are here on the Dalborra forums). Having spent the time and effort keeping up-to-date with said threads (at least since the announcement came those few days ago), it seems only a small minority of unique posters are in agreement with the decision they made. Most are expressing displeasure/annoyance... to say the least.

- In the few days post-announcement, fleet general was absolutely mental with people being unhappy about it. How many people have claimed that they've unsubbed thus far with no intention of re-subbing if the merge/transfers go ahead to the NA West servers?

- There's an online petition floating around somewhere that had (last I checked) ~550 signatures. The community is actively trying to make their voices heard about their absolute displeasure with the direction BioWare/EA are taking with the APAC servers. We are trying. We will continue to try. The general message though (thus far) is that they are not going to change their minds.

This won't stop us from trying, of course. I'll be there next Sunday from start 'til finish because hey. I love my server. I love my community. I don't want to move knowing I didn't stand up in protest of what they're doing. But, as stated above, Selianne has a point. There is no way they've *missed* the majority reaction here. At least, the majority *vocal* reaction.

Am tired of people being called trolls when they're really doing nothing of the sort. :L

(And just for the record, I'll have you know that I was the second signature on that petition, next to the person that... you know... created it).

He's not a troll. Do you understand the concept of a troll?

Ok maybe not a troll, but a griefer. The dealings I've had with members of his guild would lead me to believe nothing else. Do you understand the term "Griefer"? Someone who delights in the grief or misery of others. Which is what he trying to incite by his last line, as we've seen in multiple posts in multiple threads on this issue.

- Spamming duel challenges for 30 minutes (on my wife and I, even after a threat of reporting, so ya i know)

- Groups of their guild members running "Flagged" for pvp into other groups whilst they try and complete missions on Ilum, for the sole purpose of geting targeted and force flagging them all so you they can disrupt their quests (also a victim of this on multiple days)

And before you or he/she says...that may not be him/her. Sorry but you get tarred with the same brush when groups of 4 or more of your guild do the same acts IMO.

edit : And was said person who posted the petition the one your defending? I've also signed it, and will also be there on the day of the event, with as many friends who are able.

I'll leave it at that..no more replies as it will detract from what Scorpio is trying to accomplish.

Edited by Jinsali

And before you or he/she says...that may not be him/her. Sorry but you get tarred with the same brush when groups of 4 or more of your guild do the same acts IMO.

What guild are you from? I'm just curious as to what my opinion of you as a player (based on the guild you've chosen to join) is, as it seems that's the mentality you adopt in regards to other people.

Edited by Punchy

I get the point you're both trying to make, and to certain extents you're both right. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

There are plenty of people that have, or at least have had in the past, a pretty distinct hatred for NS based on the actions of a few players and thereby the rest of the guild by association. It sucks, and I wish it didn't happen but we're prone to preconceptions that way.

Regardless, thanks again Scorpio for putting in the effort to try and do something about this whole situation. I know a lot of us don't like it, so the least we can do is not take it lying down.

What guild are you from? I'm just curious as to what my opinion of you as a player (based on the guild you've chosen to join) is, as it seems that's the mentality you adopt in regards to other people.
\

I have sent you a private message out of respect for what Scorpio is trying to do. If you wish to discuss with me, i'm happy for you to PM, but lets keep it out of here.