Compensation for RotHC

barsh

I preordered it, and I'm perfectly happy (the "Risen" title's only purpose is to clog my character's mailboxes and title boxes, though).

But I can get behind the complaints of people who bought it, like 1 month before it went free. I think BW owes them anywhere around 500 cartel coins.

Edited by Helig

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So whom of you bought RotHC? I am guessing the majority of you who did not buy it are the ones saying "The reward is in playing it early'. Which (as far as RotHC) puts you in the same boat as non-subs and you have no place posting on this thread.

If I and those that bought it feel cheated, who the hell are you to tell us we shouldn't feel cheated? If you pay my subscription maybe then you can dictate to me how to feel about this. Till then take a long walk off a short dock with a big rock.

And for those of you who just want to play devils advocate for the sake of trolling, you can take that long walk too.

I bought RotHC 1 month before it went free. BioWare knew they were going to make it free at that point so they knowingly mislead me. If one of you think otherwise, I will send you my pay pal account number and you can compensate my purchase. Otherwise shut it.

Actually, 1) I did buy it. 2) If you regard my post, I specifically declared that I believe that you have every right to feeling as you do and I am not then, nor now, going to insult that.

That being said, I also pointed out that this is a part of how MMOs work. Whether you know it or not, the truth is that it is not uncommon for players to subscribe to their favored MMO for years. One of the reasons for this is that MMOs make certain to constantly be putting out and extending access to new content because this keep the long-time players from getting bored enough to move on to something else.

Now, you feel gypped because this is your first experience with this aspect of the genera, I get that. I understand where you are coming from because my first experience with this on another MMO saw me and mine out $120 at the time. And, when it happened, we talked about it and weighed the pros and cons of continuing to play MMOs in light of this new knowledge that was pretty expensively gained tbh.

That being said, while we decided that it would make us think a little more carefully when it comes to expansions in the future, we also agreed that the pros outweighed the cons of being in an MMO for us. They may not for you and, only you can make that decision. I was merely trying to let you know that this behavior of MMOs releasing expansions for a price and then later on dropping that price to free is not going to change and is going to happen no matter what MMO you decide that you want to play if you decide that you want to continue playing one at all.

Your particular timing on getting in on this expansion and learning this lesson sucked. I get that and, I'm sorry about that but if this is indeed an issue that has made this game "unplayable" to you, then, honestly, and truly, MMOs just may not be something you are going to enjoy because, not only are these kinds of "drops" not something that most longtime MMO players get upset about- they are actually greeted as a slight bit of happy news because they almost always come just before the release of a substantial amount of completely new content- which is always considered good for longtime players sick to the teeth of the same-old same-old that they've done dozens upon dozens of times already.

So, to be blunt:

I'm sorry that you feel like you got taken and I hope that you decide that you like being in an MMO but, frankly, that's your call to make because this whole thing of expansions like RotHC going to free has been happening for years and is going to keep happening with any and all expansions you are ever going to see from any MMO.

So yesterday I talked to Chris (a BioWare Level 2 CS rep.) about buying RotHC 1 month before it came out and how they knew this but never warned me. He tried telling me it is like going to a store and buying some clothes but the next day finding the clothes are on sale. I told him this is not the same thing because RotHC is now free and totally devalued. I also told him in most cases where I have experienced next day sales I have negotiated with the store and gotten a discount for my next item bought. He was either unwilling or unable to understand and refused to compensate me. In fact the jerk had the gall to send an email to me saying he hopes he was "helpful" and that I was "satisfied" with his service. ...Such arrogance and passive aggression, I wanted reach through my computer and throttle the little brat.

It is obvious to me now that BW does not give a rats arse about its customers. It is also obvious to me that they only care about money. It is sad because I remember what the company used to be like (I visited their original office above Chapters on Whyte Ave in Edmonton) And what they are now is a poor specter of that.

Anyways, I fired off a complaint about Chris but I doubt it will be heard just like any of our complaints on these forums. So I encourage you all to speak to these jerks in a way they can hear you, through your wallet.

He tried telling me it is like going to a store and buying some clothes but the next day finding the clothes are on sale.

It's exactly the same thing.

I told him this is not the same thing because RotHC is now free and totally devalued.

This is irrelevant.

Whether they lower the price 5% or 100% it's still lowering the price. It's their product and they can charge however much they want for it. It's called a free market.

If the product was good enough for you to be willing to pay the price you did for it, then it shouldn't matter what they charge the next guy 6 months from now.

I also told him in most cases where I have experienced next day sales I have negotiated with the store and gotten a discount for my next item bought.

Most stores no longer offer any price protection for exactly this reason. They can charge whatever they want for their products, and you aren't entitled to be given a refund or other concessions just because they decide to change the price of their products.

He was either unwilling or unable to understand and refused to compensate me. In fact the jerk had the gall to send an email to me saying he hopes he was "helpful" and that I was "satisfied" with his service.

Those are automated e-mails which are sent out after every customer contact. The CSR had absolutely nothing to do with you receiving that survey.

...Such arrogance and passive aggression, I wanted reach through my computer and throttle the little brat.

I would highly suggest you invest in some anger management classes for that temper of yours before you end up in prison. Quite frankly I'm a bit shocked that you apparently work with children on a daily basis considering how poorly you conduct yourself on these forums.

It is obvious to me now that BW does not give a rats arse about its customers. It is also obvious to me that they only care about money. It is sad because I remember what the company used to be like (I visited their original office above Chapters on Whyte Ave in Edmonton) And what they are now is a poor specter of that.

The only thing obvious here is that you're clearly unhappy with the game and even a bit jaded by this point. You complain about the game itself, you complain about the customer service, you even complain about the entire company in general.

I have to wonder then why are you even still here? Is your time not valuable to you? If so then why not spend that time doing something you genuinely enjoy on every level rather than hang around here wallowing in self pity thinking that maybe some day things will change?

Anyways, I fired off a complaint about Chris but I doubt it will be heard just like any of our complaints on these forums. So I encourage you all to speak to these jerks in a way they can hear you, through your wallet.

Filing a complaint about a CSR who did nothing wrong and had absolutely no authority to give you any compensation even if he wanted to is nothing short of childish and only serves to waste everyone's time.

Edited by Blu_Haze

It's exactly the same thing.

This is irrelevant.

Whether they lower the price 5% or 100% it's still lowering the price. It's their product and they can charge however much they want for it. It's called a free market.

If the product was good enough for you to be willing to pay the price you did for it, then it shouldn't matter what they charge the next guy 6 months from now.

Most stores no longer offer any price protection for exactly this reason. They can charge whatever they want for their products, and you aren't entitled to be given a refund or other concessions just because they decide to change the price of their products.

Those are automated e-mails which are sent out after every customer contact. The CSR had absolutely nothing to do with you receiving that survey.

I would highly suggest you invest in some anger management classes for that temper of yours before you end up in prison. Quite frankly I'm a bit shocked that you apparently work with children on a daily basis considering how poorly you conduct yourself on these forums.

The only thing obvious here is that you're clearly unhappy with the game and even a bit jaded by this point. You complain about the game itself, you complain about the customer service, you even complain about the entire company in general.

I have to wonder then why are you even still here? Is your time not valuable to you? If so then why not spend that time doing something you genuinely enjoy on every level rather than hang around here wallowing in self pity thinking that maybe some day things will change?

Filing a complaint about a CSR who did nothing wrong and had absolutely no authority to give you any compensation even if he wanted to is nothing short of childish and only serves to waste everyone's time.

Who the hell are you to judge me? You accuse me of being an angry person because I blow off steam in a forum. Does that mean you are a judgmental, egotistical prat outside of the forums too?

The next time you decide to condemn another person and paint them with broad strokes, try pointing that high-powered accusational finger of yours at your own shortcomings first because I guarantee you are not so perfect.

As for me, I'm going to go kick a kitten.... does that make me a bad person? :)

Who the hell are you to judge me? You accuse me of being an angry person because I blow off steam in a forum. Does that mean you are a judgmental, egotistical prat outside of the forums too?

The next time you decide to condemn another person and paint them with broad strokes, try pointing that high-powered accusational finger of yours at your own shortcomings first because I guarantee you are not so perfect.

As for me, I'm going to go kick a kitten.... does that make me a bad person? :)

I don't need to accuse you of being an angry person, because that much is blindingly obvious with every post you make.

Here's a tip, don't post on a public forum if you aren't emotionally capable of handling other people replying to you with their own opinions. I'd suggest screaming into a pillow the next time you need to blow off steam, because that seems like more your speed.

You mean like blaming a customer service representative for things they have neither the power nor the authority to affect?

Boom. Head shot.

Edited by Blu_Haze

So whom of you bought RotHC? I am guessing the majority of you who did not buy it are the ones saying "The reward is in playing it early'. Which (as far as RotHC) puts you in the same boat as non-subs and you have no place posting on this thread.

If I and those that bought it feel cheated, who the hell are you to tell us we shouldn't feel cheated? If you pay my subscription maybe then you can dictate to me how to feel about this. Till then take a long walk off a short dock with a big rock.

And for those of you who just want to play devils advocate for the sake of trolling, you can take that long walk too.

I bought RotHC 1 month before it went free. BioWare knew they were going to make it free at that point so they knowingly mislead me. If one of you think otherwise, I will send you my pay pal account number and you can compensate my purchase. Otherwise shut it.

I bought the RotHC, pre-ordered it, got some very handy gifts with it too..... :D.

Wasn't that much money at all, approx the same cost as 2 coffees.... :D

I have 2 paid accounts since the very beginning. Also paid for ROTHC. I do not feel cheated. I got what I paid for and at a very reasonable cost. Whining about $10 is sad. Get a job or ask mommy for a raise in your allowance. If you have such an issue with spending $10 maybe this hobby isn't for you.

I'm atleast not telling anybody what they should feel about anything!

(on the otherhand I ofc can tell what i feel about anyone feeling something :p )

Sorry if ppl are sad and very sorry if you feel that you have been "cheated" 10€... Still i hope that there is a lesson to be learned here (and in many ways) There is allways a risk, It's the way the world works, it's the way that world is fair/unfair, line has to be drawn somewhere, and you don't ofc tell it to anyone before...(wth are u thinking) ppl whines about everything, and everyone is/gets trolled.

I bought a tv awhile ago a month later it was 100€ cheaper ... darn... bummer even...

(I know some say that it aint the same and talk some **** about free vs discount but i think that's just ********. )

Can't believe that in this economical situation in the world and ppl don't have a clue that some "suprises" might emerge anywhere.

(and ofc i exlude those who don't use their own money but someone pays their games...)

Edited by Fazaani

LOL! I really should know better than to post on MMO forums. Lets face it I am a troll magnet.

Yes what that means is that those of you who choose to make disparagement towards my comments rather than 'stay on target' are in fact trolls.

You use passive aggression, innuendo and moronic statements to try and troll for a response and I am silly enough to bite.

Well not any more. I thought I had unsubscribed to this thread already but I am doing it again just to make sure. But not before leaving you trolls with something everyone already knows about you...

You really have no life, you try and create drama on an MMO forum because you have no life. So I suggest one of two actions here. Get a life or end it. Because nobody really cares what you have to say. As for this 'body' I am out of here.

Tootles

personal comment with a hint of insult is a bite...

Kinda have to love ppl who are making assumptions on strangers "real life" according these posts! But ofc i do it too when i'm annoyed... especially when i know that i could be wrong...

And if you act offensive (even if ure angry) ofc your point will be undermined and your "target" will not be easy to stay on. If you are telling ppl (even not to me and even as a joke) to "go kill themselves..." dude ... thats atleast just as stupid as trolling your post.

And it's easy to be happy, when i know i'm right (atleast in one strong point) :)

i should make some commets about "why so serious and who needs a life" but i'll let it go :D

Edited by Fazaani

So yesterday I talked to Chris (a BioWare Level 2 CS rep.) about buying RotHC 1 month before it came out and how they knew this but never warned me. He tried telling me it is like going to a store and buying some clothes but the next day finding the clothes are on sale. I told him this is not the same thing because RotHC is now free and totally devalued. I also told him in most cases where I have experienced next day sales I have negotiated with the store and gotten a discount for my next item bought. He was either unwilling or unable to understand and refused to compensate me. In fact the jerk had the gall to send an email to me saying he hopes he was "helpful" and that I was "satisfied" with his service. ...Such arrogance and passive aggression, I wanted reach through my computer and throttle the little brat.

Level 2 or not, Chris DID NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO ISSUE A REFUND.

I've worked in Retail, the people you get to talk generally have the power to do Jack All. We have to record what you say for our boss who might just choose to ignore it.

Come on man...playing before everyone else and being ahead is the reward!

So then why did they feel the need to give people that bought it some Cartel Coins if they bought it about a month before it went free for subs? I wouldn't have any problem with them making it free if they treated everyone who paid for it the same. It only takes about 6 hours or less to go through the content and get to level 55, so why is it that 1 month of early access isn't enough compensation but 1 month and a few days is?

Blizzard just decided to include Cataclysm in with the base game. I know someone who just bought Cataclysm.

Guess what, he doesn't get anything back for it or even any special rewards. :p

Blizzard has a history of making the 3rd oldest Expac included in the game. That's fine, we haven't gotten an expac, heck that last one was more like DLC than it was an Expac, and the next one is looking more like what we are used to as a Major Update over here. Heck it won't even include any new Space PVE content. If it's an Expac, give us some PVE content, like a Space FP, and a Space Ops, instead of just Space Arenas.

So then why did they feel the need to give people that bought it some Cartel Coins if they bought it about a month before it went free for subs? I wouldn't have any problem with them making it free if they treated everyone who paid for it the same. It only takes about 6 hours or less to go through the content and get to level 55, so why is it that 1 month of early access isn't enough compensation but 1 month and a few days is?

Ok now I'm confused. People who bought the xpac up to 1 month before it came out got 1050 coins. Those who bought it earlier than that didn't but they had early access to the content.

Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT.

Add on: Doh, rereading the post and I figured out why I was confused.

The cut off date was just the point that they decided, considering they do monthly subscriptions it made sense to make it some factor of x months. 1 seems fine to me... after all you claim there is only 6 hours of content so over a month of time to play that seems fair.

Edited by StarMagus

Blizzard has a history of making the 3rd oldest Expac included in the game.

I've been playing since Vanilla and this is the first time that they've made an expansion part of the core game permanently.

That's fine, we haven't gotten an expac, heck that last one was more like DLC than it was an Expac, and the next one is looking more like what we are used to as a Major Update over here. Heck it won't even include any new Space PVE content. If it's an Expac, give us some PVE content, like a Space FP, and a Space Ops, instead of just Space Arenas.

We aren't paying $40 for it either. Been getting PVE content for the past few months in patches that I'm enjoying quite a bit. While there won't be a PVE component to GS, expect regular PVE content to continue to be released.

Mmm...

I can see the mixed views over this, I paid for the expansion and some time later it goes free...

It does bother me, while I do understand that eventually it would be needed to go free or new potential customers would be unlikely to join the game if they had to buy half a dozen expansions.

The attitude of: "You get to play earlier than others is enough", does not quite satisfy me, on the other hand the expansion was not that expensive like $10 if i remember right, so I can't really feel like throwing a tantrum over it, had it been the typical $50 other games usually ask for, that would be a different story.

Since I did pay, and others get for free, and it was only like $10, I feel a credit of 500 CCs would be enough, since for my $10/month subscription I get 500 CCs as part of my subscription's benefits. Even though $10 buys more than 500 CCs, I feel the difference could be chalked up to getting to play early..giggles...

But life is about learning, and adapting. Since I now know that all expansions will go free within 6 months and all I get for paying is to play early, I think I will ignore the Galactic Starfighters expansion and get it free in a few months, after the major bugs have been worked out too...

Sue

But life is about learning, and adapting. Since I now know that all expansions will go free within 6 months and all I get for paying is to play early, I think I will ignore the Galactic Starfighters expansion and get it free in a few months, after the major bugs have been worked out too...

Um....

...the Galactic Starfighters expansion *is* free. Since you're a subscriber, you'll automatically get access to it at the beginning of December when it goes live.