Make Light Side Jaesa Willsaam Romance-able

Spoonuser

Why you haz to bee so eval, mang!? :eek:

P.S. What kinda bacon? Crispy or Chewy?

Boooooooth >:D

I personally think making Jaesa romance-able to both sides would actually make your choices mean less. You go into the SW knowing that being good will not net you a romance with her but you want to have a romance with her. They're forcing you o pick a path and live with the choice, to strip away the consequence would make the choices you make up to that point meaningless. In my opinion.

Also, as I said muuuuch earlier in this thread, good Jaesa would not engage in a romance strictly based upon the fact that she is still a jedi because you did not turn her. Think of her as "a jedi in the company of a sith" where as evil Jaesa gives into things like lust and greed thus making her...in some bizarre way, the perfect candidate for a relationship.

Edited by myolinyr

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think making Jaesa romance-able to both sides would actually make your choices mean less. You go into the SW knowing that being good will not net you a romance with her but you want to have a romance with her. They're forcing you to pick a path and live with the choice, to strip away the consequence would make the choices you make up to that point meaningless. In my opinion.

Also, as I said muuuuch earlier in this thread, good Jaesa would not engage in a romance strictly based upon the fact that she is still a jedi because you did not turn her. Think of her as "a jedi in the company of a sith" where as evil Jaesa gives into things like lust and greed thus making her...in some bizarre way, the perfect candidate for a relationship.

Edited for your viewing pleasure.

I personally think making Jaesa romance-able to both sides would actually make your choices mean less. You go into the SW knowing that being good will not net you a romance with her but you want to have a romance with her. They're forcing you o pick a path and live with the choice, to strip away the consequence would make the choices you make up to that point meaningless. In my opinion.

I'm sure you expected it, but I disagree. Jaesa is no longer a Jedi. A Jedi in Sith company was more like Ashara.. and Ashara is pretty darn niave. Jaesa became Sith when she became your follower. She was pretty much kicked out of the order. What she saw in Nomen Karr was a terrifying mask, and my Sith persuaded her that Jedi (in general) "pretend". She accepts it and becomes my apprentice, mostly to follow her aspiration to make a difference in the galaxy.

If you are everything she looks up to, and you are a flirt, then she will see it as acceptable. It's not that hard to fathom. As for the choices matter, even with it changed.. it will still matter. Your Jaesa will still be different than mine (lightning, evil red eyes, and a desire to bed/kill anything that moves).

Edited by DarthGile

Straight from Hall Hood from a question I asked via Twitter:

"Jaesa-Light was very specifically written by @NeilPollner to not be romanced. She's trying to be a good Jedi."

It's not the answer that many people in this thread wanted, but it's an official response, and that's more than what we've gotten in a whole year regarding this. So I'm happy that Hall Hood was cool enough to respond with a direct answer.

/end thread

Edited by DarthGile

There was chatter about what would happen with Jaesa-Light's final conversation if you do not romance Vette. I returned to this game a few weeks ago and made a Sith Warrior for legacy purposes. While leveling, I wanted to try this theory out. It appears the rumors are true.

If you do not romance Vette AT ALL, you will get an additional conversation option with Light Jaesa during her final conversation with you. Below is the youtube video I quickly made for those who never saw this before:

Edited by DarthGile

Signed.

I understand that all options should be not available, depending on the way you choose to live. Because that makes choices kinda having unique consequences and experience in game.

But, being limited to Vette, as cool as i find her, is kinda crippling.

Despite what age they put on Vette she acts the same as the 14 year old Mission Vao, I'm not going to romance her as that is just ICK. Locking away Jaesa is just stupid and the Jedi Guardian story line is just too boring and bland to play. I find myself falling asleep playing the JG.

I would like to see my LS Juggernaut have a Romance with Jasea, could it not be added into the hutt Cartel expansion.

Also Same sex releationships should be added. I know a lot of people are annoyed that they cannot live out their fantasies.

Personally however; I dont really care about it, but it is something that should be fixed because the fans want it.

I pay 2 Play and I would like to see this changed.

Despite what age they put on Vette she acts the same as the 14 year old Mission Vao, I'm not going to romance her as that is just ICK. Locking away Jaesa is just stupid and the Jedi Guardian story line is just too boring and bland to play. I find myself falling asleep playing the JG.

o.O then don't romance Vette, stay lightside, and stay single?

I'm all for them making LS Jaesa romancable, but not because of "Gah I should beable to marry someone" :p Mind you, I'm basing this off your last part of making a JK just to romance someone.

What would be even better with LS Jaesa is you wind up together, fade to black, cut back to the two of them...

LS Jaesa: Meh. I've had bettre.

And it ends there. Just to tease the players to no end!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. I am baffled. I had no idea that so many people played rigidly Light Side/Dark Side. I have much preferred to play my story as, well, a story. I do what I believe the character would do. Sometimes it's light, sometimes it's dark, sometimes it's popular with the companion, and sometimes I get that big -154 affection. After getting the Legacy unlock for Level V light/dark, I didn't see any reason to ever be "pure" anything again.

When the time came for my Sith Warrior to mold Jaesa, I thought about it for a moment. Do I want this woman to be kind of a b- I mean, a hag, but be willing to put out? Or do I want her to be more pleasant for conversation, but frigid to any advances? Would I rather have the bad girl fling, or the good girl who is 'just friends'. I opted for the bad girl.

Dark Jaesa might get irritated with some of my decisions along the way as I follow no specific path other than my own goals, but when she does, I just give her a gift or two and buy my way back into bed. After all, she's a bad, bad girl now.

/Signed

(Especially since I messed up and ended up making the light choice when (spoilers) I fought the darkness in me on Tattooine (didn't know that I was supposed to accept it. The videos I watched only showed the final confrontation with her and her former master. Not the other scene I mentioned) (End Spoilers). Now I'm stuck with a light side her when I wanted the dark side one. Not to mention I DO NOT want to restart my character since I already got him to lvl 33 and spent a lot of credits on him.....If not able to romance her when she is light, AT LEAST make it possible to have a second chance to turn her to the DARK SIDE. THEN Romance her! XD

Edited by Koichi

• 3 weeks later...
/signed. I saw a response earlier about her personality being what it is, suggesting that she doesn't like a do gooder. Were that the case then she wouldn't approve of any light side actions which you perform. In my opinion, Bioware was just lazy - it's like adding a whole new romance to the story. The possibility should be there. We know she can be tempted. Hell, Ashara proclaims herself still a Jedi and you can romance her.