Concealment/Scrapper PvP Guide by Knin (5.x)

rambolnet

Hey everyone,

My friend and guildmate Knin is one of the most knowledgeable SWTOR players I've met: he's won a number of duelling tournaments, is active in team arenas and has consistently ranked highly in solo arenas over the seasons (including a top 10 operative in S4 and two T1 operatives in S8).

He's spent weeks labouring on a guide to Concealment/Scrapper PvP and I had the privilege of working as his editor to refine the text. Now it's finally ready for you guys: https://www.rambol.net/home/2017/8/30/5-x-concealment-operative-pvp-guide-by-knin

If you have any comments, corrections or suggestions, I'll be monitoring this thread and the guide's comments section (or you can drop me a message on Twitter).

If you have any questions for Knin, post here and I'll pass them on to him. Alternatively, leave a comment on the guide and he'll respond to you directly. :)

Edited by rambolnet

Simple tip, (althoug I hate giving an advice to an operative :p )

the dueling section against Deception Assassin is outdated on a certain part.

Crushing Darkness has been removed from Assassin since 5.0

It has been replaced by a new instant attack, Reaping Strike (melee damage, hits an average 10k on a target with medium armor, can crit to 17k if really lucky). This attack is exclusive to Deception Assassin, and don't really harm peoples. It's mostly a filler in pvp.

That's everything I found, nice explanation though. :rak_03:

Edited by supertimtaf

Simple tip, (althoug I hate giving an advice to an operative :p )

the dueling section against Deception Assassin is outdated on a certain part.

Crushing Darkness has been removed from Assassin since 5.0

It has been replaced by a new instant attack, Reaping Strike (melee damage, hits an average 10k on a target with medium armor, can crit to 17k if really lucky). This attack is exclusive to Deception Assassin, and don't really harm peoples. It's mostly a filler in pvp.

That's everything I found, nice explanation though. :rak_03:

Good catch, thanks for the correction! I'll prod Knin and get round to editing it ASAP. :)

Update: Guide is now amended.

Edited by rambolnet

• 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone,

My friend and guildmate Knin is one of the most knowledgeable SWTOR players I've met: he's won a number of duelling tournaments, is active in team arenas and has consistently ranked highly in solo arenas over the seasons (including a top 10 operative in S4 and two T1 operatives in S8).

He's spent weeks labouring on a guide to Concealment/Scrapper PvP and I had the privilege of working as his editor to refine the text. Now it's finally ready for you guys: https://www.rambol.net/home/2017/8/30/5-x-concealment-operative-pvp-guide-by-knin

If you have any comments, corrections or suggestions, I'll be monitoring this thread and the guide's comments section (or you can drop me a message on Twitter).

If you have any questions for Knin, post here and I'll pass them on to him. Alternatively, leave a comment on the guide and he'll respond to you directly. :)

Very good guide! Really enjoyed the Operative vs Other class portion. I can definitely tell that you know how to play this class and will definitely frequent this guide! Any plans on doing Lethality or Combat Medic? Thanks for sharing this very well written guide!

Very good guide! Really enjoyed the Operative vs Other class portion. I can definitely tell that you know how to play this class and will definitely frequent this guide! Any plans on doing Lethality or Combat Medic? Thanks for sharing this very well written guide!

Forum administrator please make this guide a sticky!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback! We're so glad you've found it useful. :)

I am collaborating on a Medicine guide but I have no timeframe for its publication. I don't currently have any plans for a Lethality or Combat Medic guide but I'm open to working with anyone who knows the specs better than I do. :)