Rerolling On The Fatman - What Should I Expect?

LibertySol

So I'm rerolling on The Fatman today. I had a few questions:

Is there any world pvp? It seems like Imps and Pubs have radically different level ranges for most of the planets (at least until Voss).

And whats the Imp/Pub population like? Is one side dramatically more skilled than the other (I'm leaving a server with this problem).

Is there any world pvp? It seems like Imps and Pubs have radically different level ranges for most of the planets (at least until Voss).

And whats the Imp/Pub population like? Is one side dramatically more skilled than the other (I'm leaving a server with this problem).

There is no world pvp in this entire game.

There is if you make it happen the developers should'nt have to hold yer hand. They give you tatooine make it happen and do'nt complain.

So because the devs give us a bunch of empty space, and you expect us to make our own world PvP? That is like telling a bunch of kids to go out in the backyard and play football, but you dont give them a football............

Edited by vwsupra

So because the devs give us a bunch of empty space, and you expect us to make our own world PvP? That is like telling a bunch of kids to go out in the backyard and play football, but you dont give them a football............

Back in the days of SWG, on my server we would pick some random spot far away in the middle of nowhere on one of the planets and tell the opposite faction we were going to amass a force there. They would then amass their own force and we would have a attacker/defender type scenario with minimal effort in setup. This happened pretty often.

Then again, SWG was huge and way more spread out than SWTOR. Ah, memories...

Except it's NOTHING like that at all..

They've given you WORLDS where it's possible to PVP, both factions sharing the same planets at similar levels and a mix of outposts.

It's as simple as that and it works. the only change they could make would be to add queues to join fights, but then it'd be no different to warzones except more people and level 50s fighting lowbies.

Back in the days of SWG, on my server we would pick some random spot far away in the middle of nowhere on one of the planets and tell the opposite faction we were going to amass a force there. They would then amass their own force and we would have a attacker/defender type scenario with minimal effort in setup. This happened pretty often.

On Scylla we would do that, but we normally used either a player city, or a NPC city as the location of it.

I fondly remember being a level 70ish BH and cycling through the Rebel bounties on the boards looking for a red dot on my map to show up and then gank that fool to get easy credits.

Except it's NOTHING like that at all..

They've given you WORLDS where it's possible to PVP, both factions sharing the same planets at similar levels and a mix of outposts.

It's as simple as that and it works. the only change they could make would be to add queues to join fights, but then it'd be no different to warzones except more people and level 50s fighting lowbies.

WORLDS? You do understand that in all the planets (besides Voss) you have to go way WAY out of your way to find enemy player. Also exhaustion zones and invis walls keep you out of ALL of the main enemies base in every world. It's just a dumb design.

sometimes i log in on Fatman and can't believe the amount of idiots in pvp.... so i log back into my pve server where people try to win. a little example.... huttball, people letting marauders or jugs jump to the top for the easy score..... voidstar planted the bomb and people on the other side still not giving a sh!!!!!t to protect the bomb so it got defused TWICE. when i log onto a pvp server i expect a little more common sense than a pve server. i was wrong.

Edited by Slicktime

The population ratio is great, it's like 1:1 almost. Very slight edge to Imperials in numbers.

The problem I find with the Imperials is that there are way more active and medium to large PvE guilds then PvP.

I've yet to find a stable and active home for lots of fairly geared and active PvPers of all levels, and I've been on Fatman since day one of transfers in. Still tons and tons of unguilded people. The sense of community, overall, just sucks.

I can't speak for the Republic side.

Overall, I've been disappointed with my experience from a personal enjoyment standpoint. The PvP itself within warzones is good, that's about all I can say. The Imperial average PUG isn't nearly as bad as it used to be (which was tragically bad). I can win 3-4 straight pugging, then lose 3-4 straight all the same. I just try and assess the overall expertise of my team when I load in. If it looks too low on average, I'll quit before the match starts. I really, really, try not to quit in the middle of a warzone as I hate when people do that to me. I don't mind folks who jet 15-45 seconds before it starts.

Edited by islander

And whats the Imp/Pub population like? Is one side dramatically more skilled than the other (I'm leaving a server with this problem).[/QUOT

Welcome to the Fatman Server. Before you start leveling your character check out the 1v1 Duel prize for new characters. http://www.chosen-elite.com/duel

you expect us to make our own world PvP?

Yes, usually those who like to World PvP, will in fact make their own.

I've never seen such a facepalm remark on these boards before.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Pistols

There is no world pvp in this entire game.

Except on the RP servers, where we seem to have motivated and creative players that actually bother to go out and make their own events and flag themselves for PvP rather than asking for everything to be handed to them. Type "Jung Ma" into YouTube and you'll see dozens of videos of large-scale PvP battles in the open world.

If people really wanted World PvP they'd be out doing it and making it for themselves, regardless of what type of server you're on. They'd be out fighting, ganking, and duelling, rather than sitting on a forum complaining.

I'd personally recommend against rolling on the Fatman regardless of what aspect of the game you're looking for. The only reason the server was populated in the first place was due to rerollers (who have mostly left to play their original characters), which tends to create a more fickle community.

Edited by Jenzali

Obviously, you have no idea what you're talking about.

By "fickle", I meant that they are less likely to stay on the Fatman and help grow the server community. Fatman's population has been dropping (not even in the top 20 anymore) while Ebon Hawk, for example has stayed pretty steady or even grown. So it's pretty clear that people who had level 50 mains on origin servers that became ghost towns rerolled new characters on the Fatman. And once server transfers were in a good portion of them jumped ship to play their original characters.

QFT...

I often group up and hang outside of pub bases waiting to start something. Black Hole is a good place too... The pub bases on Ilum (You're not the only one doing your dailies). I'll often hang out at the balloon pick up on Tattooine, c*** blocking a datacron and matrix shard will normally get you some attention. Show up with a group and they almost always call for back up. Open world PvP is abundant... just have to know where to look.

Not to mention the event happening now... barely started it but I would bet there's some open world PvP to have there. I only barely started it because I got distracted and wanted to show my e-peen to the world by challenging all the pubs to duels that were picking up the quest that begins the event. :D

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Yeah, it was nice, last night he and a few other randoms were engaged with a few people from the Republic outside of the Lord Tetsu/Tightened Grip quest location. Killed each other back and forth a bit. Was a nice respite actually!

What I'd really like to see, and this prob isn't the right place for it, is a custom channel that folks would actually use that can announce/coordinate pvp skirmishing. Sure, you've got travel delays and what not. It wouldn't be perfect. It'd be something though.

The concept behind Ilum was good. The execution - not so much.

Rerolling On The Fatman - What Should I Expect?

Absolutely abyssmal PvPers on average compared to even the PvE servers.

No joke. For a better PvP experience you'd be better served on Jung Ma, or a PvE server where the only people that really queue for PvP are those that are interested in PvP'ing (and winning).

Yeah, and how will you send a "tell" to the organizer of the opposing faction here in TOR?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The first and most vital step towards making world pvp happen in this game, is to allow us to communicate with the opposing faction so we can organize PVP events like we did in SWG.

Thats the only option they have, unless we're gonna get railway'd into some Ilum-like area that they call "Open World". Of course....that's probably exactly whats going to happen...

Anyway, when we can smoothly organize pvp events, and there's incentive to participate in world pvp in general - then i will consider this game to have delivered world pvp.

By "fickle", I meant that they are less likely to stay on the Fatman and help grow the server community. Fatman's population has been dropping (not even in the top 20 anymore) while Ebon Hawk, for example has stayed pretty steady or even grown. So it's pretty clear that people who had level 50 mains on origin servers that became ghost towns rerolled new characters on the Fatman. And once server transfers were in a good portion of them jumped ship to play their original characters.

The population has always been abundant, and the server has always had 200+ on Fleet #1, with another Fleet instance well populated and sometimes even 3. Your information, is inaccurate. Every server has seen a decline of late, and no other server has become the "special" re-roll go-to...the server even before the re-rolls has always been high...much like your post lol.