Endgame gear management

I like doing PvP and PvE and i am very good at PvP. For endgame isn't it a good idea to have 1 set of gear for both? Like my War hero for PvP and for PvE like tionese or Rakata? I was thinking of buying the Cartel coin set: Investigator's armor but when I think about how I will likely have to have 2 different sets of gear I don't know. My question is, Is PvP gear, (War hero is what i'm thinking lol) Viable to do operations and or Hard Mode Flashpoints?

War Hero gear is fine for all content up until HM EC. You may be able to clear HM EC or TFB with it, but you'll have a much harder time of it. That said, if you're with a group that's working on TFB/NiM EC, I doubt that have an issue taking you through HM EC once, which will fully gear you in Campaign aside from the boots.

I like doing PvP and PvE and i am very good at PvP. For endgame isn't it a good idea to have 1 set of gear for both? Like my War hero for PvP and for PvE like tionese or Rakata? I was thinking of buying the Cartel coin set: Investigator's armor but when I think about how I will likely have to have 2 different sets of gear I don't know. My question is, Is PvP gear, (War hero is what i'm thinking lol) Viable to do operations and or Hard Mode Flashpoints?

There are a TON of posts already answering your question, but basically.

War Hero is fine for all Flashpoints and HM KP, NiM EV, SM EC. For NiM KP and SM TFB I'd augment some of your WH gear. Basically Augmented WH gear is fine except for HM EC and HM TFB.

I've found that certain classes can do 50 PvP just fine with minimal expertise with good end game raid gear. My sniper with moderate raid gear has 1000 damage, 107% accuracy, 30% crit chance to go along with 250 expertise and can go 26-3 with 8 comms a match in 50 WZ's. Not nearly as great as she did in 10-49 but can hold her own even though she has 1/4 or less the expertise of the other players