start wars episode 7,prequel?

opticmax

Prequel... where would it take place? Almost everything Pre-TCW has been clogged up.

It would have to be at least 200 years. No more Skywalkers or Solo's, maybe give them a mention or two. And then lets have character's with no known history/legacy. Clean Slate.

I'm tired of all the books somehow ending up to being tied to the Skywalkers.

Episode IV was great, gotta give Lucas props, he wrote a great outline. Empire strikes back was the best Star Wars movie by far....because Kasdan took over as director. Empire was so good it guaranteed a slot for Jedi.

Jedi was nowhere near as good as Empire...because Kasdan wasn't invited back. I imagine he took one look at the script (Ewoks) and refused to associate with it. Kasdan brought a depth of character and drama to the script that is beyond Lucas's abilities. Don't get me wrong, GL is a great visionary, but he is a terrible director/producer.

In the prequels, GL took the helm directly, giving us awesome special effects for the corny, one-dimensional Dum-Dum Binks and the whiny battle droids. Unfortunately, the drama was, if not missing from the prequels, it was just not believable. All the characters were entirely one-dimensional. Not even Oscar worthy performances from Ewan Macgregor and Ian McKellan could overcome the simplicity of the characters.

As Dirty Harry said "A mans got to know his limitations". Lucas, while he deserves his position as the legendary creator of Star Wars, went beyond his limits in trying to direct the prequels, and took something that could have been EPIC and made it 'good'.

To be fair, I'm personally kinda glad Lucas got his way for Jedi.

Yes everyone's keen to point out how amazing Empire is, and it's a good movie, but compared to ANH and Jedi it's got a much slower, more ponderous pace to it. It drags the audience through the mud much as it does the characters, which is certainly fitting for the middle act.

However some of the original concepts would have done a similar job on Jedi. I forget the specifics on it all but apparently stuff like Solo getting killed, Luke disappearing, Lando getting caught up in the DSII's destruction, etc. Essentially leaving only Leia left at the end of it all. it makes for a poor final act where, personally, I think a proper happy ending is warranted.

Yes the Ewoks are kinda dumb, and one has to question the effectiveness of stormtrooper armor, but it is still a decent movie (at least the pre-blu ray release version *shudder*) and really not earning of the ire that's been slung at it. Eps 1 through 3 however there's a laundry list of what's wrong there and we needn't retread that path.

Still I'm in agreement that George needs to hand the series of to more competent writers and directors. It would be neat to see any subsequent episodes perhaps do a more substantial timeskip, go beyond the current EU periods, etc. Since whatever happens at this point basically demands distancing the story from the original cast, or re-casting them as they're all prettymuch too old to play out their roles and most seem disinterested in even doing it.

What abou movies on the bane trilogy?

The only thing that will happen is exactly what happened with Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, they will be well received but all the fans of the books and the character will flame it like no tomorrow because of inevitable changes that happen when you transcribe a book to script, there is no need for it to be made in the end.

A whole new set of movies? perhaps, but please god don't let Lucas have anything to do with them, and i hope to god it has nothing to do with the Skywalkers, we'll already have a million new pieces of content centered on Revan's descendants, we all know it's going to happen.

I fully support CGI movies as long as it can resonate with the books. I've always wanted a Star Wars and a Batman CGI movie. Think the old Final Fantasy movie with Cloud. Or like in the ToR trailers to be more accurate.

A CGI movie based on the first Dark Jedi arriving on Korriban and concluding with the first Sith Empire's downfall would be EPIC!

Edited by Sjax

I'm liking a clean slate idea, perhaps several hundred years after ROTJ and the EU books set after it. An old Cade Skywalker training a new Padawan (our new central character) before passing on a la Yoda. There we have our link to the previous movies for the uninitiated before moving on to a nice blank canvas to craft fresh original characters on. Perhaps hire some of Bioware's writers to help out, god knows The Bioware Companion Gallery is the greatest in videogame history in terms of characterisation.

If Lucas makes another set of prequels or sequels we can expect the following

GIGANTIC CONTINUITY PROBLEMS

MORE CGI THAN ACTUAL ACTORS

NO REAL SETS (ALL CGI)

LUCAS PUTTING HAYDEN CHRISTIENSEN IN IT SOMEWHERE

OSCAR WORTHY ACTORS DOING THEIR BEST WITH TERRIBLE DIALOGUE AND HORRIBLE ACTING COMPLETELY UNABLE TO GET INTO CHARACTER BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO PRETEND TO TALK TO A WALKING AND TALKING LOOFAH (The Loofans) ON A STAR SHIP WHEN THEYRE JUST SITTING IN FRONT OF A GREEN SCREEN

FOUNDATIONAL CHANGES TO STAR WARS LORE JUST BECAUSE LUCAS FEELS LIKE IT WOULD BE NEAT (I.E. THE FORCE IS NOW A DISEASE VIA MEDICHLORIANS OR WHATEVER)

I think lucas should just sit on his pile of money and live out his life. I just hope whoever takes over the rights to the Star Wars name does it some justice and fixes some of the insanity that Lucas inserted after the fact

Edited by TheDreadPirate

Ther is actualy 7-9 episodes, but only in books atm.

Lukas told few times that he intended to make movies of 7-9 episode, bur sadly it didnt go further then promises.

Luke fall to dark side, and then again redeemed to light, Palpatine resurrected, get killed again, and lastly both Imperials (remnants) and new republic was threaten by new race, and even allied against them for short time.

The Jedi Academy game are already at the period after 9 episode.

maybe the episode 1 and 2 wasnt the best and were more based on money and maketing but lucas written the 4,5,6 too

No, he didn't.

Lawrence Kasdan wrote 5 and 6. Lucas did do the story (not the screenplay) for all three, and wrote 4, and co-wrote 6. However, he didn't touch the screenplay for 5, which is usually considered the best of the series.

Lucas gets a lot more credit than he deserves. Read number 5: http://www.cracked.com/article_19576_6-pop-culture-visionaries-who-get-too-much-credit.html

I've never read any of the books, the unofficail 7,8,9. But i really think that they should just leave it how it is, anything else would just seem like its totally stretching the story. Sorry to bring this to a starwars forum but its alot like Harry Potter where everyone is like yeah make new movies about the children yada yada. But when you really think about it, like i said it would just be stretching it too far, it lasted long enough and i think we should just leave it where it is.

The only thing that will happen is exactly what happened with Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, they will be well received but all the fans of the books and the character will flame it like no tomorrow because of inevitable changes that happen when you transcribe a book to script, there is no need for it to be made in the end.

A whole new set of movies? perhaps, but please god don't let Lucas have anything to do with them, and i hope to god it has nothing to do with the Skywalkers, we'll already have a million new pieces of content centered on Revan's descendants, we all know it's going to happen.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! I read the LoTR books (including The Hobbit), and I thought the movies were incredibly amazing.

No.

I don't want to see any movie on a book series, not even the thrawn trilogy. He needs to create a new era and start off with a clean slate.

We need stuff set 4000 years in the future. I love the whole Tales of the Jedi stuff but it would be interesting to see how things went in a galaxy far far...in the future.